Play Book Tag discussion

August 2018: Espionage > Hunting Eichmann by Neal Bascomb - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy D (new)

Joy D | 4592 comments Hunting Eichmann: How a Band of Survivors and a Young Spy Agency Chased Down the World's Most Notorious Nazi by Neal Bascomb - 4 stars

Non-fiction about the capture of Adolph Eichmann, the notorious Nazi responsible for transportation of millions of Jews to the death camps during WWII. This book traces the Israeli Mossad’s efforts to locate Eichmann and bring him to justice. Although I knew the basics of the story, I had no idea of the complexity of the task. I was impressed at the author’s ability to maintain a thread of tension and suspense, especially since the outcome is already known. The author also kept the story tightly leashed. It would have been easy to range far afield, since he had to cover enough of Eichmann’s early years, his rise to power in the Nazi SS, and how he escaped after the end of the war. I found it fast-paced and riveting. It reads like a mystery or thriller. The writing is journalistic in style: straight-forward and easily followed. Content includes descriptions of Holocaust atrocities and violence. Recommended to those interested in WWII history, the Holocaust, international espionage, or war crimes.

Link to my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8405 comments I have wanted to read this for a while now. Daniel Silva writes a series where the main protagonist is Mosad, and the old chief of" the office" was involved in this capture. Nice review, and thanks for reminding me to continue looking for this book.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review. I've read this series Joanne, in fact, one of my favorites. I'm going to look into this book.