2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Mephisto Club (Rizzoli & Isles, #6)
This topic is about The Mephisto Club
The Mephisto Club > Question I

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
There are strong religious themes and pre-Christian lore discussed in this story. The members of the Mephisto Foundation devoted their efforts to the study of evil, which ended up being delivered to their door. Had you heard any of this lore before (Adam had a first wife named Lilith, demons running loose on earth, etc.)? Did any of their theories have merit?

Christina T (crysteena73) | 180 comments I fully admit to not have any form of education about this topic so I can't comment on the veracity of the theories but can say the topic does not interest me at all. This is probably why I didn't like this book as well as I've liked the rest in the series....to this point anyway. I think the Mephisto Foundation members are Whackadoos.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
I’d not heard of any of this stuff. But, then again, I wouldn’t have been any more interested in it than I was with this story. I have a healthy respect for those things I don’t know so their theories could have merit. I just don’t have an opinion one way or the other.