Audiobooks discussion

Non-Audible Sources > Free audiobook downloads?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alison (last edited Aug 28, 2018 01:05PM) (new)

Alison M | 2 comments There is a page, https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2..., that says there are some free science fiction audiobooks available. I would love to listen to some of these. But no links to the download sites are given. Am I missing - or misunderstanding - something? Thanks.

message 2: by Melanti (new)

Melanti | 126 comments I clicked on a few of the books and they all seem to be Librivox recordings.

Click on the individual book records and look a the URL on the book pages. You might need to be on the desktop version of the site for this.

message 3: by Alison (last edited Aug 28, 2018 02:57PM) (new)

Alison M | 2 comments Thanks for this, Melanti. I see now how it's done. Some are Librivox and some are Podiobooks. With the latter you have to log in to get the podcast but that should work OK.

message 4: by SS (new)

SS | 34 comments This seems like it might be the right board for this post. If I’m mistaken, I’d appreciate it if the moderator would move it to the correct board.

Free audio books from Apple. Public domain books narrated by celebrities, including P&P. Don’t know how long they’ll remain free, so don’t delay in getting them, if you’re interested.

All six of the books are available for download through the Audiobooks section of the Apple Books app on the iPhone and iPad. You can also get them through the audiobooks section of the iTunes Store on the Mac, where they're listed as a featured download option.

The titles are all in the public domain, but are unique because of their celebrity narrations. A list of available titles is below:

Pride and Prejudice, written by Jane Austen and narrated by actress Kate Beckinsale

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, written by L. Frank Baum and narrated by comedian Tituss Burgess

The Secret Garden, written by Frances Hodgson Burnett and narrated by actress Karen Gillian

The Time Machine, written by H.G. Wells and narrated by actor Kelsey Grammer

Frankenstein, written by Mary Shelley and narrated by podcaster Aaron Mahnke

Winnie the Pooh, narrated by the Disney Book Group

Enjoy!

message 5: by writer... (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 22 comments SS wrote: "This seems like it might be the right board for this post..Free audio books from Apple. Public domain .."

Thanks so much for these .. still listed as " Get " so i did ;)

message 6: by writer... (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 22 comments Another free audio source is Free Audios for You with details and info on the site
AS WELL, Audio Book Boom has a Tuesday emailout of available titles with promise to review.

EnJoy a great New Year of audio listening!

message 7: by writer... (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 22 comments Another audio resource offering a Free download each month is Christianaudio.com . Wide variety of novels + nonfic they also have great sales.
Check out the catalogue for titles / authors including Tolkien and CS Lewis + +