YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

These Rebel Waves (Stream Raiders, #1)
This topic is about These Rebel Waves
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch - Starting September 3rd 2018

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments Adeluna is a soldier. Five years ago, she helped the magic-rich island of Grace Loray overthrow its oppressor, Argrid, a country ruled by religion. But adjusting to postwar life has not been easy. When an Argridian delegate vanishes during peace talks with Grace Loray’s new Council, Argrid demands brutal justice—but Lu suspects something more dangerous is at work.

Devereux is a pirate. As one of the outlaws called stream raiders who run rampant on Grace Loray, he pirates the island’s magic plants and sells them on the black market. But after Argrid accuses raiders of the diplomat’s abduction, Vex becomes a target. An expert navigator, he agrees to help Lu find the Argridian—but the truth they uncover could be deadlier than any war.

Benat is a heretic. The crown prince of Argrid, he harbors a secret obsession with Grace Loray’s forbidden magic. When Ben’s father, the king, gives him the shocking task of reversing Argrid’s fear of magic, Ben has to decide if one prince can change a devout country—or if he’s building his own pyre.

As conspiracies arise, Lu, Vex, and Ben will have to decide who they really are . . . and what they are willing to become for peace.

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments Starting this today if anyone wants to start early with me :)

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments Chapter 4
(view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1622 comments Astrid wrote: "Starting this today if anyone wants to start early with me :)"

I'm starting now. Excited!!! :)

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments Julie wrote: "Astrid wrote: "Starting this today if anyone wants to start early with me :)"

I'm starting now. Excited!!! :)"

Awesome!! How much have you read? I'm about to post another update later today.

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments Chapter 14
(view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1622 comments Chapter 3:
Sorry Astrid, I'm very slow with this one. It took me some time to get used to it.

(view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1622 comments Chapter 9:
(view spoiler)

message 9: by Skye (last edited Sep 06, 2018 04:25AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Skye (floppypaperback) I finished the book a few days ago, but I'm just popping in to say that if you soldier on through the first bit and all the exposition, it really picks up in the second half! Once Lu (view spoiler) it's very action-packed.

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1622 comments Chapter 28:
(view spoiler)

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments Chapter 28
(view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1622 comments Astrid wrote: "Chapter 28
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments @Julie I totally agree! I'm glad you liked that part too.

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1622 comments The End:
I hate it when my Kindle tells me I still have 6 % and then the book is over and I wasn't prepared for it.

(view spoiler)

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments I'm really close to finishing the book. My kindle says I have about 20 mins left in it so I will post my last update soon. Then I'll read what you thought about it!

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

Ta || bookishbluehead (bookishbluehead) | 1622 comments Astrid wrote: "Finished
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments @Julie
I hope so, too. Thanks for reading with me!