Quarter 4 Book Review

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Troxell | 4 comments Mod
Post your Quarter 4 book review here.

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma Renner | 2 comments Title: Ghost Girl Author: Delia Ray

“Dewey and his friends were always teasing me about my towhead and my light eyes and skinny arms. They called me ghost girl.” In the year 1929, April Sloane had no idea that her life was going to change forever. There had been rumors around the mountain that they would be building a school and April was all for it. Her beloved Aunt Birdy fully supported her but her mother wasn’t so quick to decide. Also, throughout the book, April is struggling with the death of her younger brother, Riley, which she believes was her fault.

This first thing I want to mention is the feeling of mystery in this book. I never knew what was going to happen next. For example, one day April was sitting underneath a tree trying to read. Then, two boys near her got in a fight and she ended up with a broken arm. This was a surprise considering that she was minding her own business and not including herself at all.

Next, I want to mention the relationships in the book. The author portrayed the relationships very well and I was not confused at all. For example, April’s mother was very distant after the death of Riley, April’s brother. To escape from how sad her mother was, April would visit her Aunt Birdy who she loved with all of her heart. She had a weird relationship with her father because they weren’t exactly close after her brother's death, but they hadn’t drifted like her and her mother. Finally, one of the most important relationships was with her teacher, Miss Vest. Miss Vest cared about April a lot and even let her live with her at one point in the book.

In the end, this story gets five out of five. I loved the character development throughout the book, the relationships, and the suspense. Not only did it include all of these things, but the author also did a great job showing them.

message 3: by Mikala (new)

Mikala Ross | 4 comments Title: Swagger Author: Carl Deuker
“Get a little swagger in your game, and the other teams will back off. Even the refs will back off. If you play it right, you can make the rules.” This book is about a boy named Jonas who moves to a new school his senior year and is fighting for a college basketball scholarship. This book has a lot of action and suspense. It also makes you feel as if you are there, watching the game and cheering them on. This is a really well written, exciting, and drama filled book that I would easily recommend.

In this book, there are many exciting ball games that not only make Jonas nervous but also make the reader nervous. Throughout this book, Jonas has many important games that mean a lot for his future, including the state finals. This game reminded me of my own experiences in important and exciting games. The words and actions he uses allow your mind to imagine and really see the game itself. During this part in the book, my stomach began to twist and I felt as if I had a million butterflies in my stomach. This book gave me the same feelings I would have if it were me in the same situation. These examples of how this book made me feel nervous and excited shows how this writer brought emotion to his words.

Another thing that this author does a good job at is explaining his characters and using details to draw a picture in your head. Throughout this book, the author often has to explain new characters, new places, and new situations. In this book, Jonas is forced to move away from his home town and instead, to a completely new area. The way the author explains everything helps the reader to understand his feelings about his new home. During his first day in Seattle, the author explains Levi as a kind, shy and religious guy, also using his dialect in a way that proves his points. Later on, when he meets the rest of his team, you immediately understand which guys are hot shots and which ones are not. Overall, these examples from the text show that the author does a great job at explaining to the reader about his new surroundings.

I would highly recommend this to any sports loving person who is looking for a well written, exciting, and drama filled book.

message 4: by Katelin (new)

Katelin | 4 comments Title: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

“So after, when he whispers, “You love me. Real or not real?” I tell him, “Real.” After escaping the unfinished Third-Quarter Quell, Katniss and the people of district twelve find themselves living in district thirteen, a place thought to be uninhabited for many years, led by President Coin. Peeta, Katniss’s lover, is still being held in the Capitol, along with a few other previous victors of the games. Katniss is struggling to decide whether she should be the Mockingjay, the symbol of the rebels. When Katniss finally agrees to be the Mockingjay, some conditions come with her agreement, including that she will get to kill Snow, Panem’s President. Katniss makes many T.V. clips and does the duties of the Mockingjay, but still doesn't feel involved, and so she wants to go on the mission to the capitol to save Peeta. I would rate this book a five out of five stars for its constant thrill, the author's ability to make you thoroughly visualize what you are reading, and the author's ability to make you feel inside the story, feeling as the characters feel, and taking any opportunity to read this novel.

First, I would like to applaud this novel for constant thrill and action. Throughout the book, there is always something happening, and there is never a dull moment. For example, when Katniss and Gale are walking through the streets, trying not to be identified or caught, you feel anxious and scared in this thrilling event. It is this way through the whole book with constant excitement, thrill, and fear keeping your attention the whole way through. This book keeps me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Next, I appreciate the author’s ability to help you visualize the story and the description that each event reveals. In every event, it is described so well and I can’t help but visualize what is happening due to the on-point descriptions. In the book, one really well-described events was when Peeta tried to strangle Katniss. During this event, the author described how Katniss felt panicked, and the descriptions made me feel scared for her, too. This novel does a really good job of painting a picture in my mind so I can imagine every moment.

Overall, I would recommend this novel to anyone looking for a thrilling, nail-biting story. I would rate it a five out of five stars and would recommend reading the entire series as well. This was an amazing novel!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Title: The Fault In Our Stars
Author: John Green

Hazel Grace has been diagnosed with cancer for a long, long time. When she was on the hospital bed she almost died but miraculously survived. Now she wants to do something amazing with her life, but her parents don’t agree as much, and want her to “take it easy.” Then she meets Augustus at her local cancer support group. They become best friends and Hazel would do anything for Augustus. When Augustus has a terrible accident only Hazel can help Augustus feel better, but will she succeed?
The Fault In Our Stars was one of the best books I have ever read. If you’re looking forward to something happy, heart-lifting, and meaningful, this is the book for you. The book will make you cry, as all good books should do. Along the way, the book is hilarious, sad, and awing, all at the same time. I highly recommend The Fault In Our Stars by John Green and I hope you will read it someday.

message 6: by Reis (new)

Reis Schnepp | 4 comments Title: House of Robots Robot Revolution
Author: James Patterson

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live in a house full of robots? Well, if you read House of Robots Robot Revolution you will know all about that. This book is about a boy named Sammy, who has a sister who can’t leave the house except to go to the hospital, a mom who is a scientist, and a dad who is an artist. Oh, and I almost forgot… A whole house full of robots! I loved reading this book for many reasons.

One reason is that Sammy and his mom are trying to create a device to let Sammy’s sister, Maddie, be able to go outside without having to go to the hospital. For instance, throughout the book, they are working on the project that might let her do that. At the end of the book, they make medicine that makes it so Maddie can’t get sick if she goes outside.

Another reason that I like the book is that it is futuristic. For instance, Sammy’s house is filled with robots that will do all of their normal work for them. Such as making breakfast, mowing the yard, personal butler, drying your hair, and a robot dog. These robots are only at Sammy’s house, and I think that in the future we might all have robots in our houses.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I think that If you are interested in robots, you should definitely read House of Robots Robot Revolution.

message 7: by Connor (new)

Connor | 4 comments Title: The Shadow Prince
Author: Bree Despain

Haden is a prince of the underworld. Haden's dad hates him, and his brother would love nothing more than to hurt him. Haden has also lost all honor in the under realm. One day he gets the chance to get all his honor back and the chance to be re-owned by his father. Haden just has to do one thing. He has to get Daphne Rains, a girl from the mortal realm, to come back to the under realm of her own free will. The book is an amazing story about Haden and Daphne, and their love/hate relationship.

The book has an interesting twist on Greek mythology and lore. It has multiple references to the Greek gods. In the book, it makes references to Hades, the underworld, Cupid, Psyche, and Persephone The author even makes up stories to go along with the story. She makes up a story about how Hades and how he lost his Kronolithe. The story revolves around the story of Hades losing his Kronolith.

This book is also a love story between Haden and Daphne. The book follows Haden as he tries to go on a date with Daphne, and how Dahne tries to learn everything She can about Haden. The book has many twists and turns as Haden constantly fails at getting close to Daphne.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Greek mythology, and anyone who would enjoy a slightly romantic book. The book is really good at keeping your attention and making you not want to put it down.

message 8: by Wes (new)

Wes Kupferer | 4 comments Title: The Princess Bride Author: S. Morgenstern

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya; you killed my father; prepare to die." This is what Inigo said when he finally found the six-fingered man. The whole book is leading up to this point along with when Buttercup gets Westley back. This was a great book, and I'd give it 5 out of 5 stars.

This book is full of descriptions, which makes it very easy to visualize what everything looks like. One of the longest strings of in-depth descriptions is when it describes the history of the country. This helps you visualize what everything looks like and how it is run. It also describes when two different people are packing to help show the difference in their cultures.

This book is very suspenseful. One of the main conflicts is that Buttercup is kidnapped, and then kidnapped again by a different person. You're really not sure how she will ever survive, and you just have to keep reading to figure out. The book was so suspenseful that I didn't want to put it down.

In the end, it was a great book with a great ending. I hope that after you read it you watch the movie, which is wonderful. It was full of suspense and description and I give it five out of five stars. I hope you'll check it out.

message 9: by EmilyH (new)

EmilyH | 4 comments Title: The Call of the Wild
Author: Jack London

"He was beaten (he knew that) but he was not broken."
The Call of the Wild is about a dog named Buck who gets traded and sold from his prestigious mansion to the great Alaskan wilderness through the hands of several mushers, who each teach him something different. Anyone from expert travelers, to mail routes, to inexperienced tourists. Through his journey, he makes friends and enemies alike. When he finally lands in the ownership of John Thornton, he shifts back into his primitive ancestors' paths, running free in the woods each night and hunting with his dear friend John Thornton each day.

Something that really sticks out about this book to me is the constant adventure. Buck is always doing something new and I loved reading this book in my free time.

Another thing that stood out in this book was the author's style of writing. I think that the way Jack London portrays his ideas and feelings is extraordinary. I could always feel how Buck was feeling and knew what the scenery looked and felt like because of how well he described everything.

In the end, I would rate this book a four out of five. It was a great book with lots of suspense and action and I would recommend it to anyone older than thirteen because it has a difficult vocabulary.

message 10: by Kaleb (new)

Kaleb Day | 3 comments Title: The Brooklyn Nine
Name: Kaleb Day

"Baseball was in the Schneider family's blood." The Brooklyn nine is a story of nine generations of baseball players in a German immigrant family. From Felix Schneider in 1845 to Snider Flint in 2002. This family has always loved baseball. Every generation had some kind of contribution to baseball, whether it was running the numbers or even just playing with friends. This is a very interesting book and I would rate it a 4.5 out of 5.

This book does a good job of getting the readers emotionally involved. It makes you want each story to have a happy ending. So that if it doesn't, you read into the next story to see if it will have a better result.

Another good point is how well it ties the stories together. Every story has some type of memory from the previous one. In addition, each one also gives a backstory for the next. Therefore, there is a good transition inbetween each story.

In conclusion, I greatly enjoyed reading this book. It is good for those who like sports drama books and older sports references. I would reccommend this book to Middle Schoolers, because you have to know some background history on time periods and what was going on in America.

message 11: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schaefer | 4 comments Title: The Outsiders
Author: S.E. Hinton

"It's okay. We aren't in the same class. Just don't forget that some of us watch the sunset too." 'The Outsiders' is a timeless novel that and because of its relatability, remains true to this day. It highlights the struggles and is written in the perspective of Ponyboy, a greaser, struggling with the conflict of rival gangs, family struggles and running from the cops. Even being a short story, it's an unforgettable one that people of all ages can relate to, I rate this book 5/5.

One of the reasons I enjoyed the book is because of how real it felt, The author did a great job in portraying emotions, also making the book easier to relate to. It also strikes at the common misconception presented in the book, that the greasers were the tough guys that never feel anything, you can see this illusion fade and it reveals a more human side to the gang.

Another reason I enjoyed reading it was because it felt like a story almost everyone can relate to. Even if you’re not on the run from the cops, everyone feels like they don’t belong sometimes and this theme is stressed by the author. This book also shows the difference between social classes, the reader can compare this to cliques and feeling below them, much like the socs with the greasers.

Overall, it was a great book and an unforgettable tale, I highly recommend it and rate it 5/5.

message 12: by Haley (new)

Haley W. | 4 comments Rogue, by Mark Walden

Otto and co. return for yet another suspenseful, daring adventure to eliminate the Disciples and keep H.I.V.E. out of harm’s way! There’s just one thing. Otto has joined H.O.P.E.! This thrilling fifth addition to the H.I.V.E. series throws the whole plot a curveball as Otto is kidnapped by H.O.P.E officer Sebastian Trent, and is sure to keep readers on the edge of their seats, mind buzzing with one question; can Otto be saved? This action-packed book sure left me craving more, and I would give it SIX out of five stars. Yes, SIX stars!

This book not only brings back the thrill and non-stop action from the previous books, but carries alongside it the slithering malaise of betrayal and mystery. Otto’s body has been possessed by the Animus, the first organic supercomputer, and Sebastian calls the shots now. He orders Otto to target and eliminate his enemies, and, at first, Otto obliges to do so. However, one fateful night, when Nero, Raven, and Darkdoom are attacked, Otto feels a piercing pain in his head and some of the animus drains from his body, a brief flash of a memory blazing in his head. You want to know what happened? Not even I can do the book justice with an amazing explanation.You’ll have to read and find out what happens!

I personally enjoyed a different, more subtle side of the book as well. Laura, Otto’s close friend and computer genius, feels the pains of young love and loss as she has to watch Otto slowly kill off the leaders of G.L.O.V.E., and eventually is forced to do the hardest thing you can do to the one you love. I could really feel her pain as the novel progressed, and I myself almost cried alongside her when she did the unthinkable. For those of you who are entranced by the subtle feels and young love only books can produce, then this is a YES, YES, YES for you!

The daring plot of the story as a whole was enough to sell me, and I could not have prepared for the plot twist going on behind the scenes. In the world of villains and derring-do, Wing and Raven face one of G.L.O.V.E.’s head council to rescue Otto before one of the senior members of the council finds and kills him, traversing the Amazon region of South America to find him. However, H.I.V.E. faces some unexplainable technical difficulties that progressively get worse throughout the novel. Only the brains of Laura Brand could have discovered the leech in the system, and it turned out to be none other than- HAH, gotcha! If you want to know who it is, find the nearest library and check out H.I.V.E.: Rogue.

Yes, this riveting tale of action and adventure is sure to captivate any reader who can bury their face in a book, especially if he or she is such a fan of rip-roaring, plot-twisting stories as I am! If you love non-stop action, I highly recommend the H.I.V.E. series as a whole!

Oh, yeah, one more thing! For those of you who have read the previous books, be prepared for familiar faces in a new perspective, and what could possibly the literal end of humanity.

message 13: by Isaac (new)

Isaac Haugh | 4 comments Title: Mockingjay

Author: Suzanne Collins

“Fire is catching! And if we burn, you burn with us!” Mockingjay is an intense novel that comes from the Hunger Games trilogy. This book starts off right where the second book left off, when Katniss starts to work with the rebels of District 13. Katniss, Gale, Peeta, Finnick, and a few more characters are sent to the battlefield to get citizens riled up and to help lead the rebels to victory. Overall, this was an exciting read with great intensity and an intriguing plot line filled with twists and turns.

Katniss, the main character, faces many struggles throughout the novel. Although the struggles Katniss faces are not likely to be any that the reader may see in his or her own life, they are struggles that grab the reader’s interests and entertain the reader. One main struggle for Katniss is the influence of the the Capitol versus the influence of the rebels. Katniss, at first, disapproved of the Capitol and fought with the rebels, even though she disliked them. Near the end, she learns that the rebel leaders are using her for their own gain. Another struggle is simple survival in a war. Katniss fights in a sharpshooter squad called the Star Squad. The squad is sent down to the battlefield to fight and film what it is like on the streets during the rebellion. The Star Squad consisted of former victors, Katniss, Peeta, and Finnick, as well as Katniss’s best friend, Gale. They went through grueling challenges and struggles, including losses and deaths. The group struggles to survive as President Snow keeps sending challenges and obstacles at them, two of which are mutts and pods. The struggles challenges that Katniss endures throughout the novel form a major part of the plot and reveal a lot about her character.

One theme that is prevalent throughout the plot is knowing who to trust. The rebels of District 13 betray and backstab Katniss. This can be shown throughout the book in the rising action, climax, and falling action events. Two examples of this theme occur when the rebels send Peeta into battle with the Star Squad (Peeta’s memories were changed, making Katniss look like she’s evil in his head) and when the rebels bombed the medics, which included her sister, Prim. As the rebel leaders seem to be taking advantage of Katniss’s popularity and her symbolism, Katniss senses betrayal and learns to trust herself more than anyone as she fights for justice.

In conclusion, this was a great novel and I rate it a four out of five stars. The plotline was great and includes unexpected twists and turns. It was an exciting page-turner, and I recommend this book to those that enjoy action-packed stories such as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows or The Heroes of Olympus, Blood of Olympus. Again, Mockingjay was a excellent, adventure-filled novel, and I rate it four out of five stars.

message 14: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 4 comments Title: The Darkest Minds Author: Alexandra Bracken

“The Darkest Minds tend to hide behind the most unlikely faces.” The Darkest Minds is about a girl named Ruby that managed to survive a mysterious disease that killed most kids. She was left with abilities that allowed her to read others’ minds, along with being able to erase their memories. She was able to escape the camp meant to control those with special abilities with the help of the Children’s League, and she soon met other kids named Chubs, Zu, and Liam. She had to hide the truth to protect them, no matter what it cost her. No one else needed to get hurt. This book has so many twists and a great plot, which makes the reader never want to put the book down.

The author does a great job with character development throughout the story. In the beginning, Ruby was afraid of herself and hid her abilities from everyone. Once Chubs started realizing that Ruby had been lying to everyone, she only became more afraid. By the end, however, Ruby gained lots of control over her abilities and used them to help people and save her friends. The other characters developed throughout the book also, with Chubs, Zu, and Liam having gained acceptance for Ruby by the end. They even grew extremely fond of her, and it almost seemed that her own development sparked development in them.

The author also does a great job of adding emotion into the book. There are parts where Ruby saw kids being killed in her own life and in other people’s memories, and the author wrote it in a way that makes the reader feel how scared and afraid all of the kids are. In other parts where characters disappear and can’t be found, the reader can feel how worried Ruby is and how desperately she wants to find the characters. From start to end, the reader feels like they are a part of the book and like they are experiencing everything themselves. The Darkest Minds would have been a completely different book without the emotion and connections the reader feels towards the characters.

Overall, The Darkest Minds was a really good book. I would recommend it to anyone that likes suspense and surprises, for there is a lot of it in the book. It has lots of surprises, emotion, and twists. The book has become one of my favorites, and I am sure the rest of the series is just as good as the first book was. I would give The Darkest Minds a 5 out of 5 rating.

message 15: by Emmie (new)

Emmie Sumski | 4 comments Title: The Lovely Bones / Author: Alice Sebold

“These were the lovely bones that had grown around my absence: the connections-sometimes tenuous, sometimes made at great cost, but often magnificent-that happened after I was gone. And I began to see things in a way that let me hold the world without me in it. The events that my death wrought were merely the bones of a body that would become whole at some unpredictable time in the future. The price of what I came to see as this miraculous body had been my life.” The Lovely Bones is about a 14-year-old girl named Susie Salmon. She was murdered by her neighbor, George Harvey, and is now in heaven watching her loved ones grow. It's a very good book about moving on from past mistakes and learning from them.

There are plenty of lessons to be learned in this book. "Learn from your mistakes," "don't let your past mistakes get to you," "there's more to life than revenge," etc. The author does a great job of stressing that these lessons are important and need to be learned.

The author does a great job with the characters personalities, as well as how the personalities change and develop. For example, Lindsey used to be a pretty average girl on the soccer team before the death of her sister. When her sister died, she closed herself off from the world and spent all of her time studying. She became a sad, smart girl. After she met Samuel Heckler, she opened up and became happier, exploring new things and finally moving on. She is a great example of character development.

This is very much a book that you just can't stop reading. I could barely put it down when I read it, and I don't regret spending most of my time reading the book. There are parts that make you jump with joy, cry with sympathy, and even think deeply about the world. It's a very emotional, relatable book that makes the reader really engage in and enjoy the story. The author did a very good job at this!

I really recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a deep, beautiful story that will uplift them and make them feel like the world isn't so bad after all.

message 16: by Eddie (new)

Eddie | 4 comments Author: Stephen King
Title: The Tommyknockers
“Late last night and the night before, tommyknockers, tommyknockers knocking on my door. I wanna go out, don't know if I can 'cuz I'm so afraid of the tommyknocker man.” Bobbi Anderson stumbled upon a chunk of metal in her town Haven, Maine. She begins to dig it up she realizes, it no chunk of metal. Weird things start happening, her dog has magic powers and she can make mechanical wonders. Her friend Jim Gardener shows up in the midst of her mechanical genius, only to see her on the edge of insanity. With Haven having a long history of insanity, the thing in the ground could be the culprit. This book has so much attention to detail, and it is a very long read.

This book’s detail is astounding. Every character’s backstory is told, including some irrelevant people who befell the object’s insanity. Sometimes it’s hard to follow because there is so much backstory, it really helps you get an understanding of exactly why some characters do what they do. The book even references to major debates going on around that time, an example is when Jim argues with someone about nuclear power.

I like how it really revamped the horror idea of aliens. When the book was released, the subject of UFO’s and aliens was seen a lame. The book brought a new feeling and possibility to the concept of classic UFO’s. The way the aliens are presented is amazing, how they get into people heads, slowly driving them insane.

This was a great book, I would recommend this to horror or drama book lovers. The book for me was 9/10 because the attention to detail was a little unnecessary but it provided great insight.

message 17: by Reese (new)

Reese | 4 comments Title: Catching Fire Author: Suzanne Collins

"There is no district 12," This is what Gale tells Katniss after the games, while on a hovercraft to district 13. In Catching Fire, Peeta, Katniss, Finnick, and the other tributes from their district, all compete in the third quarter quell. This was a fantastic book, and I would rate it 10/10 stars.

This book is action packed and full of emotion. The things that happen in the story would not happen in any of our lives but is so easy to relate to. For example, no one will ever fight in an arena where their country is forcing its citizens to kill each other (During our lifetime at least), but we all know what it is like to mourn someone you love. Also, since being from Katniss's perspective, it makes the reader understand and relate more to her feelings and emotions.

Another great factor about the book is that it makes you never want to stop reading. The book makes you so captivated by the action and how Katniss feels that there is never a good time to put the book down. This is especially true during her time in the arena, for you could stop right before a fight or a new thing is discovered about the theme of the games.

In the end, this was a great book that was filled with a ton of actions, and as the reader, emotions you could feel. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a very intense, sad, and captivating story. This book is for sure a 10/10!

message 18: by Alayna (new)

Alayna Oler | 1 comments Title: The Boy at the Top of the Mountain / Author: John Boyne

"You did this, said the voice in his head. You killed him. 'but he was a traitor,' he said aloud in reply. 'He betrayed the Fatherland! He betrayed the Führer himself!'" (Page 189, Paragraphs 3 & 4) Pierrot, the main character is such a lovely young boy, living in Paris in 1936 with his french loving Mother and, not so much in the right mind, German father. His best friend a deaf jew, that he was forced to live with after unfortunate events, then orphaned and lastly sent to live with his aunt, a housekeeper at Berghof, Hitler's mountaintop home in Bavaria. Corruption, betrayal, emotional rollercoaster, terror, and secrets, will this boy be corrupted?

In the begging especially, you get to build this rapport with the characters. You will fall in love with little Pierrot. All I could think is I just want something to go right for this kid, he's too nice. I thought he would never change, but this book is a great example of how who you grow up around will influence you, not always for the best. It takes its time to introduce the characters and I can't say anything bad about it besides it might go a little slow in the begging. By far the best character development I've found in a book. If anything it was the characters that got me to keep reading.

Terror, shock, that's all I can say. I wasn't expecting to legitimately get scared, heart pounding, sweating, and anticipation. I knew in a way Pierrot was doing the right thing in saving someone's life, but the person who got him into the mansion and was his guardian was gone now and he no longer had any family left. "Maybe he'll learn his lesson now, he has to of learned by now, right?" is what I kept thinking, but was he already corrupted by power and the person that now raised him, Hitler?

You're going to have an emotional roller coaster with Pierrot, or should I say, Pieter. You won't want him to change, but change is also necessary to survive in such a place, should you feel bad for him, but it's his choice to believe whatever he believes, right? This book will keep you thinking and probably throw you through a loop or two.

You might lose faith in this kid near the end but stick with it, you won't regret it. Let's just say I had to take breaks at the end cause I kept crying. It's a story a boy who committed crimes, hurt people close to him, sacrificed the right to his own name, and spend a lifetime trying to earn it back. The story of a man who wanted to find ways to make amends for his actions and who will never forget the word of someone dear to him, because that would be the worst crime of all.

Even if you don't like things that are historical or historical fiction, I think you'll like it. This is the best book I've ever read and recommended it for anyone looking for a good book. 10/10