Troxell LA Period 4 discussion

Quarter 2 Book Review

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Troxell | 4 comments Mod
Post your Quarter 2 book review here.

message 2: by Wes (new)

Wes Kupferer | 4 comments Book: Mr. Lemoncello's Library Olympics; Author: Chris Grabenstein

"Will it be fun? Well, like the commercials say . . . Hello! It's a Lemoncello!" This is what is at the end of every one of Mr. Lemoncello's commercials for his fun games and toys. Now, Mr. Lemoncello is going to put the first every Library Olympics at his wonderful library. If you like solving puzzles and games, come and join Mr. Lemoncello for the Library Olympics. I really liked this book and would give it five out of five stars.

It was a very progressive book in the sense that it kept moving on to the next part and section of the book. Since there were games at the Olympics, there was never much time when the characters weren't doing something related to the games. They were either participating in the games or studying for the next one.

Another good part about the book is that you can do what the characters are doing. For almost all of the games, it either has a picture of the game or it tells you exactly what they are doing. One example of how you can participate is in the game where people and things walk by and then they have to guess what books they are representing. You could stop there and try to figure out yourself what they are. One of the games that you couldn't do would be where they ran around in the library sorting books. So, unless you have a library you can do that in, you can't do that game. Though you can mentally picture where the books would go.

This is a wonderful book to read, especially if you have read and know a lot about other books because it has a lot of references to all sorts of books. If you really enjoyed this book, it is a lucky day for you because it is the second book in a trilogy. You can go and read the other two books to get the full story. Chris Grabenstein also has some other books that are good as well. This is a five-star book that I think everyone should read.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

"It is the first day of November so, today, someone will die."

These are the words Sean and Puck hear every year on November the First in Thisby. It's called the Scorpio Races...and someone is guaranteed to die every year because of the capaill uisce (or water horses) the riders ride against each other.

PUCK is an underestimated girl living in the poorest parts of Thisby. Her parents were killed by the dreadful capaill uisce, and now she wants to participate in the races against the capaill uisce so she can convince her brother to stay in Thisby. Instead of riding a capaill uisce, she rides her pony, Dove, against all the vicious water horses.

SEAN has won the Scorpio Race 4 times in a row, with his capaill uisce, Corr. So he doesn't give much thought when Puck joins the races with her pony.

It turns out it will be a close race after all, and Sean needs to win the race if he wants to keep Corr. But what if he doesn't?

I thoroughly enjoyed The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. I would really recommend this for all teens, and it is probably the best book I have ever read.

message 4: by EmilyH (new)

EmilyH | 4 comments The Book Thief is a book about a German girl named Liesel. Her brother died, her mother left, and she was sent to the Hubermans' home. There she meets, Hans Huberman, who she is instructed to call Papa. Rosa Huberman, whose face is described as cardboard, is her new Mama. Just as she is starting to settle into her new life, Hitler begins taking over her city and life. I believe that this book truly deserves all of the credit that it has been given and would read this book over and over again.

The Book Thief was a great book and I genuinely enjoyed reading it. The beginning seemed slightly slower than I was used to reading in books, but the pace and action in the book quickly sped up and suddenly I found myself reading whenever I could.

It wasn't hard to read, but not extremely easy either; an especially great in-between of both. However, there were some parts in German, mainly because the story is based in Germany, but it is fairly easy to read around or understand.

The book also showed me that, during the Holocaust, not all German families were "bad". Some families didn't like what was happening but felt powerless to stop it. The story denied a lot of stereotypes about German families during the 1930's and 1940's, and, in a deeper sense, life and death itself.

I loved this book, but wouldn't recommend it to anyone under, at least, the 6th grade. This is because of the deeper meanings, dark topics, and profanity. Other than that, this is a wonderful story that I will continue to enjoy in the future.

message 5: by Connor (new)

Connor | 4 comments book: Inheritance Author: Christopher Paolini

Your life is coming to meet your fate. You have to kill the unkillable. You will either die and have hundreds killed, or you will live and save the world from an evil ruler. You also have many dragons at your aid. The book is amazing and has many points where you never want to stop reading.

This book is the last book in the Inheritance Cycle. You will need to read the three books before it. The books are called (in order) Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr. You will not be able to understand this book if you don't read the previous three.

The book is very long. It has a total of 849 pages. It is fairly easy to read except for some names and the magical language. This is solved because pronunciations are found in the back of each book.

The world that this book is set in is called Alagaesia. Is a fantasy world that is about as advanced as the medieval times. There are many different creatures in this world. There are dragons, dwarves, elves, ra'zac, kull, and humans. The story also has magic. Magic is deeply involved in this story because it caused most of the problems.

The main characters that you will follow the most are Eragon and Saphira. Eragon is human and Saphira is a dragon. They are the ones that will decide if Alagaesia is ruined by an evil ruler or if it will be saved.

I recommend this book to any lover of fantasy or any lover of dragons who are 5th graders or up. I recommend this for a time when you don't have much going on like a school break or a free period because it is a very long read that can not be read at just twenty-minute variables.

message 6: by Kaleb (new)

Kaleb Day | 3 comments Book: Horizon #1 /Author: Scott Westerfield

"FIRST OFFICER: It's in here with us! It's in here with- (sound of rushing air) CAPTAIN: She's (unintelligible) gone." When during a plane crash a weird lighting takes hundreds of passengers. Only to leave eight young survivors stranded in a weird jungle in the artic where they must face threats, unlike anyone, has seen ever before. This is a very good book and I would rate it 5 out of 5 stars.

It was very thrilling and exciting in terms of every page was a cliff-hanger. There was so much suspense built up it makes the reader excited for what is to happen next. Since it seemed there was a new threat around the corner of every page I couldn't put it down.

Another good thing about this book is that you could see all the different perspectives of the characters. This helped my understanding of the book because I could see how everyone was reacting and what they thought about different situations. Moreover seeing the different perspectives helped me comprehend the story in a sense of understanding the events and the characters emotions.

In conclusion, I loved reading this book. This is a great book for those who like thrillers and adventures. I would recommend this book to ages 4th grade and up because while it doesn't have any inappropriate content, it does require a somewhat complex vocabulary to fully understand it.

message 7: by Haley (new)

Haley W. | 4 comments The Ranger's Apprentice: The Emperor of Nihon-Ja by John Flanagan

Horace disappeared four months ago in the foreign country of Nihon-Ja. The Emperor, Shigeru, is a kind, brave, honorable man who believes in equality and peace amongst his people. Arisaka is a Senshi clan leader who thinks Shigeru is trying to destroy the Senshi. Now, Shigeru and Horace are searching for the legendary impenetrable fortress of Ran-Koshi to prepare for war against Arisaka, but with how outnumbered and untrained the majority of his men are, will they even stand a chance? I really liked this book and give it 4.5/5 stars!

The first thing I loved about it was that it was full of action, but it was all explained in a way that you didn't get confused. There were the fights with Arisaka and his men, the attack from pirates on Wolfwill, Gundar the Skandian's ship, the journey across Big Lake, the fight with the snow tiger, and, of course, the final battle.

The next nice thing about this book was how descriptive it was. When it described Ran-Koshi, I could really visualize the giant, steep hillsides surrounding the deep valley and the battered, broken-down houses within it, and the mountain trail called Miko's pass was described pretty well too. In my head, I could clearly see the narrow pathway and the rocky outcroppings and the forest up above and, most importantly, the hand and footholds used to get up to the lookout spot Miko found. The characters were described well too. I can accurately see exactly what the Hanasu people looked like: Long sharpened fingernails, bodies covered in reddish-brown fur, and very tall statures.

One more thing I like about this book was that the third person omniscient perspective helps to shed light on all the characters' thoughts and feelings. Otherwise, the readers would never have understood Alyss and Evanlyns' complex relationship. Not only that, but if it weren’t for the changes in perspective, we’d only know one side of the story. Take Horace’s side, for example. If it didn’t switch to Will and his side, he alongside Halt, Alice, Gundar, Seley El’then, and Evanlyn would have shown up randomly to Ran-koshi with no clear motive or means of transport or even how they knew where to go, seeing as Ran-Koshi is kept secret and barely any know it exists. Another example is when Evanlyn and Alyss cross Big Lake to find the Hanasu. If it didn’t show their side, you’d never know whether the Hanasu were coming or if they were real or what they looked like.

I personally loved this book and would definitely recommend it to anyone 5th grade and up because it is a bit violent and has a rather advanced vocabulary. It’s a great book for thrillseekers with a penchant for action and adventure who are committed enough to read it all, because it is rather long!

message 8: by Katelin (new)

Katelin | 4 comments Book: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

“Effie Trinket crosses back to the podium, smoothes the slip of paper, and reads out the name in a clear voice. And it’s not me.
It’s Primrose Everdeen.” The Nation of Panem, surrounded by twelve outlying districts is forced to annually participate in the Hunger Games because of a rebellion in the 13th district who is now destroyed by the capitol. The Hunger Games is a cruel game where one boy and one girl are forced to fight on live T.V., leaving one victor in the end. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen of district twelve lives with her mom and younger sister, Prim. On reaping day, when the tributes of the games are chosen, Prim gets picked. Katniss is faced with the decision to take her place to save her and fight to the death. I think this book was amazing and a nail-biter for sure. I would rate this 5 out of 5 stars.

First, I would like to point out that this book is filled with major events, making it very suspenseful. The suspense is shown through how Peeta, the boy tribute, and Katniss fall in love throughout the book, making it harder to be apart. Also, how the game makers change the rules temporarily so that any district with two people still left can win together, to put them together. One of the other suspense-building events is when there are only three tributes left, and the game makers put in deadly animals when the last tribute dies from these animals. Peeta and Katniss think they have won, but then the game makers come out with another rule, making only one victor able to win again. Katniss and Peeta are forced to make a life-changing decision.

Next, the second point I would like to make is how thrilling every twist and turn is, putting me on the edge of my seat through the whole book. For starters, the games are already very harsh. Thrilling events in the book are for instance when they get declared winners. Another event that showed that it is thrilling is when Peeta gets hurt and Katniss heals his painful wounds. This also shows how the characters depth in personality is so distinct and precise, like how Katniss is confident, and not afraid to challenge anyone, even the game makers. This book has an amazing quality for this reason.

My recommendation for this book is for anyone looking for a drama-filled nail-biter, this is the book for you. I loved this book! It has amazing quality and I would also read the rest of the series as well. This book is a 5 out of 5 stars for its outstanding descriptions, making all readers on the edge of their seat, and always having some event to look forward to throughout the whole book.

message 9: by Abby (new)

Abby Nelson | 3 comments The Hunger Games

Imagine if every year you had a chance at being put in an arena to fight to the death. In the book Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, this is a reality. In this book, a girl named Katniss Everdeen volunteers to fight to the death in the place of her sister. She makes allies and needs to pretend to be in love to survive. I love this book and think it’s amazing.

One of the reasons I love this book is that you get very emotionally involved. You are focused around Katniss’s point of view. You feel her triumphs and sorrows. For example, on page 244 of the book, it says “The news sinks in. Two tributes can win this year. If they're from the same district. Both can live. Both of us can live.”

Hunger Games is also awesome is because there is a lot of adventure in it. It’s kind of like an action movie! In the book, Katniss needs to dodge fireballs and make crazy escapes from areas with people who want to kill her! It says on page 191 “The swelling. The pain. The ooze. Watching Glimmer twitch to death on the ground. It’s a lot to handle before the sun has even cleared the horizon.”

The last reason why I love this book is it makes you really want to read more. It takes you through this awesome adventure, which alone would make you want to keep reading, but it also has one of those endings were it’s not incomplete, but it gives you the feeling of needing more! In the book on page 374, it tells you this “I take his hand, holding on tightly, preparing for the cameras, and dreading the moment when I will finally have to let go.”

In all, I would give this book a five out of five stars! It has many of my personal requirements for a good book. I would recommend this to anybody who likes adventure, the sad parts, and doesn't mind a bit of violence!

message 10: by Mikala (new)

Mikala Ross | 4 comments Title: Escaping the Giant Wave Author: Peg Kehret

“A goal accomplished makes your life better,” said Kyle’s sixth-grade teacher the day before summer break. This book is about a boy named Kyle who goes on a trip to Oregon with his parents and sister, Bebe. During this trip, many unfortunate events happen that pushes Kyle to be brave and think outside the box. This book has a lot of suspense, and it also causes a lot of emotion out of the reader. It is a very well written book with a great author, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a short but fabulous read.

In this book, the emotions that Kyle feels are also felt by the reader. This author makes the reader feel as if they are in the story with the same situation and the same difficult solutions. Throughout this book I often found myself wanting to yell and inform all of the other characters about the wave and the circumstances they were about to be in. One of the main characters in this novel is Kyle’s bully, Daren. In this book, you will repeatedly hear about Daren and how he is being mean to Kyle but in the book one thing that he does thinking he is being “smart” really upset me. Right before the first wave came, while Kyle and Bebe were uphill and inland, Daren was by the sea in the water thinking to himself about how brave he is and how much of a coward Kyle is. At this point in the book, I was very upset and mad at Daren for being foolish but also for trying to make Kyle feel bad because he did the right thing. This shows how the author of this book can make you so attached to the text but also engaged to the text.

Another thing that makes this book so remarkable is the way the author uses her words to explain the feelings and situations of the multiple characters. Throughout this novel, the author often uses words that help the reader understand what it feels like when a tsunami hits. This is important because most people have not personally experienced a tidal wave. Another example is, while Bebe and Kyle were in the forest running away from the second tidal wave the author explains how scary it is knowing you were running away from something that could easily outrun you, and then kill you. Along with many other ways does this author use her words to explain the feelings and situations within this novel.

I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a short but fantastic read that is full of emotion and suspense.

message 11: by Isaac (new)

Isaac Haugh | 4 comments Title: Hatchet
Author: Gary Paulson

“He was alone. In the roaring plane with no pilot he was alone. Alone.” After a frightening plane crash, 13-year-old Brian Robeson is alone in the Canadian wilderness. He must survive the elements of nature while he waits to be rescued, relying on no one but himself. The Hatchet is an adventurous book where we follow a young boy as he learns to persevere in order to survive. Overall, this was a good book with a great plotline.

Brian Robeson is a 13-year-old boy who is alone in the Canadian wilderness. He has to survive the elements of nature while knowing something he calls, The Secret. He has had a tough family situation since his parents are divorced. Brian was on his way to his father’s house when the plane crashes, leaving him stuck in the wilderness. He has to survive fifty-four long and brutal days by himself in the wild. He will have to work hard and persevere to survive in this harsh environment.

The hatchet, which was a gift from his mom, is very important to him throughout the book. He uses it to create weapons and hunting supplies, build a shelter, and make a fire. He also uses the hatchet to get the wilderness survival kit out of the plane. While he was trying to get the survival kit out of the plane, Brian drops the hatchet into the lake! He almost gives up, but he swims straight down to the bottom of the lake, just for the hatchet! That shows just how important this tool is to him.

Throughout the book, Brian faces many struggles, including animal attacks and even a tornado. He also faces hunger and dehydration. Right after the crash, Brian rests for a day, doing nothing! That left him vulnerable to mosquitos, sunburn, and dehydration. Many times, Brian had trouble finding food. Once Brian was able to get a surplus of food, he got attacked by a porcupine. Then, there was a tornado, which actually helped Brian a little bit. The tornado brought the tail of the plane up out of the water, which allowed Brian to go get the survival kit out of the plane. After that, a moose attacked him and didn't stop until Brian just held still. These are just some of the struggles that Brian faced throughout the novel.

Overall, The Hatchet was a good book. I recommend it to anyone who likes adventure books. It is an exciting book that takes the reader through a fight for survival, and I rate it a four out of five.

message 12: by Emma (new)

Emma Renner | 2 comments Book: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Author: J.K. Rowling

Have you ever thought about what it would be like to fight your worst enemy? How would it feel to be introduced to a whole new world at the age of eleven? What would it be like to be orphaned when you were an infant and never get to meet your parents? All of these things happened to Harry Potter. In this book, Harry Potter has to battle, solve mysteries, and defeat his worst enemy. Will he be able to do it all?

Harry Potter was introduced to the world of magic and wizardry exactly one year ago. He has to get along with learning new things and being one of the most well-known wizards in the wizarding world. He still learns new things every day even though it is his second year. He isn't exactly the highest of his class, unlike one of his best friends, but he still manages to get along.

In this book, Harry finds out about a "Chamber of Secrets" and he decides to investigate it with his friends, Hermione and Ron. They have many troubles along the way, for example, in the book, it says, "His mouth was stretched wide in a kind of silent scream and his eyes were popping." If they figure out the riddle, they have to go battle the monster that lives within their school. Will they live to tell the tale?

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone that loves a good action, or mystery. Personally, I thought that the book was even better than the first one in the series. It truly puts you on the edge of your seat on many occasions!

message 13: by Emmie (new)

Emmie Sumski | 4 comments Book: The League of Seven
Author: Alan Gratz

"The League of Seven. They were always seven, and always the same: a tinker, a law-bringer, a scientist, a trickster, a warrior, a strongman, and a trickster. Seven men and women with incredible powers from all parts of the known world who joined forces to stop the Mangleborn from enslaving humanity." The League of Seven is a very good book based in an alternate 1870s America about 3 teens who are trying to stop a mass threat from taking over the world.

It is a very fun book, while it also keeps a sort of serious tone at the same time. It has a lot of humor and parts where you stop laughing, but there are also parts full of suspense, making you want to read more and more!

The characters in the book are very likable! Hachi, one of the characters, is a tough, thick-skinned girl, but she has a soft inner core, although it's mostly for her 5 tiny mechanical animal friends. Another character, Fergus, is a funny and spunky boy, who is a slight coward. Despite his cowardly ways, he will do anything when it comes to his friends and family. The reader can't help but fall in love these characters and cheer them on!

The art in the book is incredibly good and the artist, Brett Helquist, has serious talent! The illustrations on the cover and at the beginning of each chapter give you a very good and detailed vision of what will happen next, pulling you in even further into the book.

The League of Seven is an amazing book and I would recommend it to people of all ages! The action is incredible, and the themes of the book are understandable, while also being deep and meaningful, giving you a good lesson and also filling every action need you have!

message 14: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 4 comments Title: The Girl I Used to Be Author: April Henry

“I’m up again in a crazy scrambling second, spitting out dirt and pine needles as I start sprinting again. Running like my life depends on it. Because it does.” The Girl I Used to Be is about a girl named Olivia Reinhart. When she was three, her mother was murdered and everyone believed that her dad did it. Fast forward fourteen years. That same three-year-old girl, now seventeen, is having her apartment door knocked on by police officers. They tell her that new evidence states her dad had died that same day, proving previous theories impossible. She takes it upon herself that she should find out who killed her parents, no matter what the cost might be. This book is action-packed and adventurous, an overall good read.

Character development is something this story has so much of. Throughout Olivia’s whole journey, the author managed to keep Olivia’s thoughts, actions, and experiences like those an actual person might have. At parts, Olivia would experience regret about her plan to find the murderer, but there was normally someone or something that would remind her of what she was striving for(like someone’s friends or family might), even if the pieces might not have been fitting together quite yet. Also, the way she interacted with people and how she responded to certain environments tended to be a reflection of what had previously happened to her in the story.

The plot wasn’t terrible, but it seemed like parts of the story kept repeating. It didn’t appear that anything interesting really happened until the last thirty pages either. For example, Olivia and her friend Duncan look for information for about half of the story but don’t really find anything to help them or give them a lead. They kept thinking the killer was someone innocent over and over in that half too, so the reader could predict that the accused person most likely wasn’t guilty. The second half plot did become more interesting and suspenseful, but it didn’t completely make up for the first half.

Overall, The Girl I Used to Be was a pretty good book. I would recommend it to anyone that likes a mystery, as long as they don’t get bored with stories easily. It has lots of suspense, hope, great character development, and has a good ending. The book felt very realistic and was worth reading. I would give The Girl I Used to Be a 4 out of 5 rating.

message 15: by Sophia (last edited Dec 14, 2018 11:18AM) (new)

Sophia Schaefer | 4 comments All the Kings Men By: Robert Penn Warren
"Out of history into history and the awful responsibility of Time"

"All the Kings Men" by Robert Penn Warren was an excellent book, telling the story of politician, Willy Stark, and his "Sidekick" Jack Burden. The story spans out over the course of ten years but starts in the nineteen-twenties, when Willie runs for governor. It would be impossible for me to hit every key event in the story but in summary, he gets Jack to blackmail another politician with murder evidence (this was while running for senator). When the politician kills himself there is now a target on the boss's (Willy's) back. Then, Willy gets killed by one of his close friends and doctor, Adam Stanton and the rest of the book explains the aftermath.

I think this book was very well written and is still very relevant today. A lot of the book was talking about mortality and how in big business such as politics, morals are completely thrown out the window. This book also shows that not everything on the surface is what it seems and shows the emotion these businessmen have, something that's not touched upon in many novels. You can see this emotion portrayed by flashbacks to younger years and in descriptions of home life, dealing with wives, kids, etc.

However, the one thing I did dislike about this book was the fast pace which always seemed to be effected in the present, not in the flashbacks. There were also a ton of characters which most of the time did little to nothing in the stories actual plot.

Overall, I would give this book a 4/5 rating, I really did enjoy this book and would definitely recommend it to others but to keep in mind that you really have to pay attention to everything or else you'll miss something. This book is definitely for someone who likes mystery along with political science. So, in conclusion, "All the Kings Men" was a great book and I would definitely recommend it.

message 16: by Reis (new)

Reis Schnepp | 4 comments "It used to be on the top of the world, but time and a changing climate changed that." That was the Kidd family's first clue in the book: "Treasure Hunters: Peril at the Top of the World" by James Patterson. This book is about a family who tries to save paintings that have been stolen from museums around the world. I thought that it was an amazing book.

One reason is that it has a lot of suspense. There are a lot of times, where you just can't put the book down because you have to see what will happen next. For instance, there is a part where they are being surrounded by troopers with guns, and then the chapter just ends. Things like that create a lot of suspense in the book.

Another reason that I recommend the book is because the whole book is like a mystery. For instance, throughout the whole book, they are slowly getting clues from the Enlightened ones, to help them fin the missing treasure. I think that if you like mystery, then you would probably enjoy this book.

The last reason that you might like this book is if you like spies. For instance, the main characters, the Kidd family, are actually spies, and they are trying to go undercover on missions to find stolen artwork from museums around the world. I think that this is a great aspect of the book.

Overall, I would rate this book a ten out of ten. If you like suspense, mystery, and spies, then this is a great book for you. I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading a good novel.

message 17: by Eddie (new)

Eddie | 4 comments Book: The Green Mile
Author: Stephen King

“We each owe a death, there are no exceptions, I know that, but sometimes, oh God, the Green Mile is so long.” In the prison known as Cold Mountain, a Ward Superintendent by the name of Paul Edgecomb and his crew of guards work on the death row know as the green mile. They have had many good and bad encounters with inmates and among themselves. Then, a convicted rapist and murderer of two little girls, named John Coffey, came along. They found out that he holds the power to heal and that he is innocent, they realize that they must save him. They must race against time to save John. This book makes you think about the world and what really happens, not just happy endings. This is a great book that was written by one of the best authors, Stephen King. It is an emotional and great storytelling book.

This book is very emotionally involving and it makes you wonder about yourself and how the world works. In this book, you experience dialogue of people on death row, and it really makes you think about your choices. You also find yourself thinking, “Why don’t we give people second chances, even if they did something horrible?” This book will make you enjoy the characters who are horrible to the public eye.

This book teaches a very valuable lesson, don’t judge someone off of what they did, when you haven’t met them. A real-life example is as follows: you heard so and so did something bad. You go and meet the person face-to-face and you find out that the person is a very good person who just made an impulsive, wrong decision, and they know it. An example from the book is Eduard Delacroix, a convicted murderer actually has a fun and enjoyable personality. Also, the healer John Coffey is a public enemy, who is a good person.

A lesson learned from this book is in fact, unusual, what goes around doesn’t always come around. For example, the good supporting characters in this book don’t live much longer and die in a bad way. The main character, Paul, lives too long for his liking. An actual killer died unknowingly in his sleep. So, don’t always expect a reward when you do something good, which is a vital lesson.

This book was very great and I would give it five out of five stars due to its exceptional narration, character development, and lessons learned. I really enjoyed the storytelling which was very immersive and clear. There are many lessons that you can learn from this book, everyone will have a different perspective on the book. The Green Mile is a must-read for people who like drama books.

message 18: by Reese (new)

Reese | 4 comments Book: Abduction!
Author: Peg Kehret

"It had been less than ten minutes since the school buses left, but it seemed like forever to Bonnie. Where was Matt?" In " Abduction!" Denny Thurman, who is Matt Sholter's father, was never in his life, until one day he kidnapped him. Bonnie has made it her mission to find her brother. Overall I would definitely recommend this book.

This book is a very suspenseful book. In many occasions, it left on a cliff-hanger because of the way it is told. The author switches between a group of different characters. So, when a big moment is about to happen, she will switch to a different person's perspective. As a result, the reader will definitely try to predict the outcome of the book.

Next, Matt is a five-year-old who loves baseball and family. He was kidnapped by his dad at his school. He always wanted a dad, but when he met him, he changed his mind.

Denny, who is Matt's real father, is a gambler, but he isn't very good at it. Once he gets a big win, he goes and buys a lot of things he doesn't need. Then, when he loses he gets mad, abusive, and has to take everything back so he can pay people back. Also, wherever he goes he has his gun on him.

In conclusion, I would definitely recommend this to anyone who enjoys an intense book that you also try to predict and figure out how the story will end. There are many occasions where you just can't stop reading until the mystery is solved!