You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Group Themed Reads: Preparation > September 2018 - Books Announced

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments It was a close call this month. We had a definitive winner with 4:50 from Paddington by Agatha Christie but we had a three way tie for the second book so the fruit machine had to be dusted off. The second group read for September will be 22 Britannia Road by Amanda Hodgkinson.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments @Peggy - are you ok to lead the discussion?

@Renee - let me know whether you'd like to lead, co-lead or for me to arrange soneone else to lead.

message 3: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15577 comments Yes, I'll lead the discussion. I bought this book years ago at a book fair and it's been sitting on my shelf ever since, so I'm glad I'm finally getting to it!

message 4: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15186 comments Sarah, I told Renee I’d lead if she couldn’t. If she’d like to pass or would like a co-leader, I’ll volunteer.

Still up to you, Renee. Feel free to lead if you’d like to give it a go. You can always ask me to take over later if you find it to be too much.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments Thanks guys!

message 6: by Sandra, Moderator (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9794 comments I downloaded 22 Britannia Road in the hope to be able to join you. Fingers crossed.

message 7: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51865 comments I think I'll read 22 Britannia Road simply because it's narrated by Robin Sachs.

message 8: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 2483 comments Excellent!!! I take my exam today, after which I am hoping to finish The Shadow of the Wind before I leave camping on Thursday, where I will be enjoying my library download of 44 Scotland Street, and on my return on Tuesday I can be starting my library hold (that I am picking up tomorrow) of 22 Britannia Road . . . I love it when a plan comes together :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.