What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Changeover
This topic is about The Changeover
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fantasy single book from the 80s or early 90s. Teen girl babysits younger sister a lot, is creeped out by young man following her. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Chastain | 4 comments It has been a good 20 since i read this book so the details are very fuzzy. A teenage girl is in charge of babysitting her younger sister (5 years old?) alot, her parents may be out of town. She is noticing that she is being followed by a teenage/young adult man alot and gets creeped out. There may be a scene in the house were the night light stops working, She may wear a necklace/talisman that has been in her family.

Spoilers ahead:

The guy is trying to protect her from a witch that is trying to kill her. She ends up getting together with this guy , and he might die trying to save her.

message 3: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Chastain | 4 comments No, The changeover is not it, although, now i have a new book for my TBR :)

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5054 comments Do you remember the cover?
Part of a series?
Time period/location story takes place?

message 5: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Chastain | 4 comments I think the cover was of the Teenage girl, It wasnt part of a series ( that I know of) and the time period was current ( 80s or 90s )

message 6: by Leyna (new)

Leyna Debono | 5 comments Was it part of the Point Horror series?

message 7: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5054 comments How far into the book does the reader find out that the man is trying to protect the girl?

Are there any other horror/fantasy elements, like trolls, haunted houses, graveyards, etc?

message 8: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Chastain | 4 comments OK! I was wrong, it IS the Changeover. I finally got a hold of it and it definitely is. Thank you all for your help :)

Jess

message 9: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Glad it was the right one after all. Thanks for letting us know!