Bodice Ripper Readers Anonymous discussion

Bodice Ripper Writing & Authors > Bodice Ripper Romances in Other Languages

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mel (last edited Aug 27, 2018 07:28PM) (new)

Mel (bookhorder) | 203 comments Does anyone know of any BR romances in other languages that are worth reading and might have been translated into English?

For example an Australian writer Lilly Sommers wrote one of my favourite books The Glass House, set in early Australia. She also wrote the Dark Dream and the Bond also set in early Australia.

message 2: by ☆Eiko (new)

☆Eiko (sillytachi) | 9 comments Have you tried out Lemonade ? The author is Italian and was translated in English from said language of the author. It's not set in Italy but rather England with English names, but it's worth a read! A bit of a warning if you're not into rapey scenes.

message 3: by Mel (new)

Mel (bookhorder) | 203 comments Yes, I have. I did not love it but it gave me the idea of BR romances in other languages/countries.

message 4: by ☆Eiko (new)

☆Eiko (sillytachi) | 9 comments Oh I see! Well I read a Young Adult historical romance written originally in German, it's a trilogy. Written by Kerstin Gier her books are Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue and Emerald Green. Well, technically it's a contemporary YA book that has some magic elements to it so they do travel back in time often. Maybe you might be interested in that?

message 5: by Mel (new)

Mel (bookhorder) | 203 comments Thank you. I just thought there are a few foreign authors in crime fiction, would there be some in historical romance?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Lemonade (other topics)