Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Looking for beta readers for 97k word science fantasy

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by F. (new)

F. Reed | 2 comments Hello. I have a completed science fantasy novel (about 97k words) that I could use some feedback on. A good, honest read. My skin is thick so brutal honesty is okay. If you like it, please say why. Also if you hate it, please say why. Character development, subplots, and consistency are some of the things i'm looking to hear about. Any other comments welcome.

Judge not by the following blurb... it needs work too. :P

It’s been centuries since Commander General Aizen Cevrguld broke the entire Legion of the Black Sun across its spine, sending the undead armies back to their hells. It’s been during those centuries that the Legion regrouped under the command of a man who seeks to condemn a world’s entire existence. A man who returns with his army for the ultimate takeover. Now that the final piece is in place, he will advance.

Amalia Anders, imprisoned in a cycle of dreams, nightmares, and psychosis, is about to be taken prisoner once again… but are her captors friends or foes?

Some want to train her to defeat the Legion for good. Some want to start a rebellion using her as the figurehead. Some want to make a deadly example of her because such beings should not – cannot – exist. She is told that she is the Lioness of the Red, a gifted planeswalker from the ancestral line of Munara Tai with the power to shift her consciousness into other realms of existence. She sure as hell doesn’t believe it.

Now she must discern truth from fiction and delusion from reality to embrace the destiny she has been given – if only she knew what that destiny was.

message 2: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Redwine | 27 comments Your book seems interesting! Would be willing to swap? I need beta readers for dark fantasy around 100k

message 3: by F. (new)

F. Reed | 2 comments Lydia wrote: "Your book seems interesting! Would be willing to swap? I need beta readers for dark fantasy around 100k"

Hey Lydia. Sure I can swap. How do you want to do it?

message 4: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Redwine | 27 comments The wrote: "Lydia wrote: "Your book seems interesting! Would be willing to swap? I need beta readers for dark fantasy around 100k"

Hey Lydia. Sure I can swap. How do you want to do it?"

If you could give me your email, I can send a few chapters to you, and you can send me some of yours to see if we're a good fit. My email is lydia.redwine@gmail.com