Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > book cover

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 63 comments I have added a cover for The Summing Up by Maugham on the librarian photos page. When I tried to enter the book it says there is already on with the same ibsn but a different cover. Can you put this up for me? thanks

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23306 comments Could you link to the edition please.

message 3: by Jean (new)

message 4: by Abcdarian (last edited Aug 27, 2018 05:45PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 23306 comments It works, and yes, it has a cover already. So you need an alternate cover edition made, either by yourself or a librarian who does those, but where is the cover picture? There's one on your photos, but it's for a different book.

message 5: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 63 comments I put the cover on the librarian photo page...2nd page. Title the summing up.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45422 comments Mod
Please do not add book cover photos to this group's photos.

Also, what is the source of the cover image?

message 7: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 63 comments sorry...now I posted the photo on my Profile ….I own the book. I took a photo.
thanks.

message 8: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 63 comments forgot to sign
Jean Carlton

message 9: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 63 comments Re: The Summing Up by Maugham....Where should I post the photo? I have it in my profile photos now.

message 10: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23306 comments That's fine. You need a librarian who does alternate cover editions to notice this thread; either that or start a new one specifying that an alternate cover edition is needed. Sorry; I don't do those.

message 11: by Carmen (new)

Carmen Marks | 45 comments Working on this

message 13: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Looks like an ACE was already created couple of days ago for ISBN 0140018522 with Jean's cover -

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 14: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments I merged the duplicate after another librarian tidied up a few things