Play Book Tag discussion

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tessa (FutureAuthor23) | 229 comments Can anyone help me or tell me what I'm doing wrong? I wasn't able to vote for the September tag because I cannot get to those threads from the Android Goodreads App. It shows me all other threads in the group, such as Footnotes and all the book reviews, etc. But the only way I can get to the "General" threads where the voting is each month, is to get on the Goodreads website from my laptop. Am I missing something?

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8428 comments I have the Android App too and have the same problem-have not found out why yet

message 3: by Elise (new)

Elise (ellinou) Nope, I have the exact same problem! I go to the website if I need those topics.

Tessa (FutureAuthor23) | 229 comments Thanks for responding you two! That makes me feel better that I wasn't just missing something obvious then. But it's kind of lame that we can't access all the discussions from the app. Hopefully a fix will come soon.

message 5: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 9071 comments Interesting. Well, the votes are via survey monkey, not directly through GR. Not sure why survey monkey wouldn't work on a phone or tablet, though.

The link should take you out of GR altogether.

For future reference, can you copy and paste it into a browser, instead? If the direct link doesn't work?

Tessa (FutureAuthor23) | 229 comments We can't get to the discussion or thread that even contains the link.

message 7: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 9071 comments Tessa (FutureAuthor23) wrote: "We can't get to the discussion or thread that even contains the link."

Ok, that's that's really weird! I have no idea why that would be... What's different about the thread!? Nothing that I can think of. It contains an external link, but I think other threads sometimes do, too. Odd... I don't even know what to suggest!

message 8: by Elise (new)

Elise (ellinou) The link works fine, Cin, it's just that we can't get to the topic on the app! It's the whole "general" section that's not on the app for some reason, with all its topics. Since I only had my phone during the votes last month, I had to go directly on the website through Chrome to be able to get it, so I did vote, but not through the GR app.

message 9: by Sushicat (new)

Sushicat | 805 comments Have you checked under “unread topics”? A lot of stuff shows up there rather than in it’s own proper folder in the iOS app.

message 10: by annapi (last edited Aug 28, 2018 11:34AM) (new)

annapi | 5159 comments I don't really use the GR app on my phone (Samsung S7 active), but I checked it just now. Under my groups, I click on PBT, and scroll to Folders, and under that the second one is "general", with the 2 topics.

Was there a recent update of the app? Or maybe you could try resetting your phone?

message 11: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8428 comments In nut shell the GR app on Android is awful-I only use it if I am waiting somewhere and need some entertainment for a moment

message 12: by Elise (last edited Aug 28, 2018 12:01PM) (new)

Elise (ellinou) I think you have a previous version, annapi. I don't have any folders on mine, just a Discussion Board.

message 13: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments If I need to get to a topic that has fallen below the most recent topics, I access Goodreads via my browser and get to it that way.

message 14: by LibraryCin (last edited Aug 28, 2018 04:44PM) (new)

LibraryCin | 9071 comments annapi wrote: "I don't really use the GR app on my phone (Samsung S7 active), but I checked it just now. Under my groups, I click on PBT, and scroll to Folders, and under that the second one is "general", with th..."

Right now, the thread isn't appearing in that spot. I don't know where Anita moves the voting threads to once the vote is over.

So, don't go by what's in that folder right now.

ETA: Right now, the only threads listed in that folder are:
* Announcing the September tag
Pick our Masthead; Earn Participation Points

message 15: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6748 comments This is definitely a legitimate problem. I will put a link to the voting in the Footnotes folder in addition to the usual spot going forward so that those who use the app primarily can get to it.

Tessa (FutureAuthor23) | 229 comments That would be awesome Anita

message 17: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6748 comments Tessa (FutureAuthor23) wrote: "That would be awesome Anita"

I will definitely do it. It's a flaw in the Android app, but one I can work around at least!