What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Christian Fiction. Western, romance. Husband died somewhere along the trail. Wagon train left woman and two children behind when her wagon broke

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joleen (new)

Joleen | 9 comments Written - had to be prior to 2009, that's about the time I read it. It seemed like an older book though. Perhaps not a well known author.
Christian historical fiction.
Synopsis: A woman's husband died on a wagon train headed west. Wife was left with two young children, a boy and a girl. When her wagon broke they left her behind to fend for themselves someplace in Colorado, Montana, Wyoming...someplace that had harsh winters. They slept under the wagon for protection from the elements. It was summer, so they foraged for berries, etc. until the owner of the property (who thought she was a squatter) wanted her off his property. He was a widower (wife and child died in childbirth) and sad and bitter. Seeing her situation he relented and invited them to stay in his lean-to. Eventually they married because it didn't look good at the church for an unmarried woman to be living there. And of course they ended up in love.
It sounds like a Janette Oke book, like Love Comes Softly, but in that one he had a child and she didn't have any.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
Joleen ~~
You can bump this book every month or so to keep your thread at or near the head of this Unsolved folder. More eyes will see it, and someone must know this book.
Good luck!

message 3: by Joleen (new)

Joleen | 9 comments Thanks Kate. Can you let me know how? I'm unfamiliar with this process.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
Joleen, you just "bumped" your thread by posting a comment. It tells the group that you're still looking this book. Members can bump their request every 30+ days - or sooner if they remember more information. Not more often because this group is so large.

Here are tips for posting a book request - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 5: by Clare (last edited Oct 12, 2018 09:50AM) (new)

Clare O'Beara | 20 comments There is a good chance it is a Harlequin Historical romance from that description. I am sure there is a group or two on GR which discusses these books.

message 6: by Joleen (new)

Joleen | 9 comments Thank you so much. I'll look into this!

message 7: by Joleen (new)

Joleen | 9 comments Not Harlequin, apparently..🙁

message 8: by Clare (new)

Clare O'Beara | 20 comments Ah well.

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1433 comments I'm trying to remember another book with this theme. In the book I'm thinking about, I think the H's mother and either the father or a brother were also on the trail. I'll have to try and remember what the title is.

message 10: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1433 comments Found the one I was thinking about. It's Oregon Bride by Rosanne Bittner

message 11: by Jody (new)

Jody | 100 comments I would say a Joan Johnston book but they weren't exactly Christian from what I remember. Maybe part of the Bitter Creek series.

message 12: by Joleen (new)

Joleen | 9 comments Ooooo, I’ll check it out! Thanks!

message 13: by Joleen (new)

Joleen | 9 comments Oh, I just checked. Lol... definitely not Joan Johnston. No bare chests involved. The cover was a woman, a wagon and two little kids.

message 15: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1433 comments Lori Copeland has a series called Brides of the West that is Christian

message 16: by Joleen (new)

Joleen | 9 comments Wow! Thank you for trying! Lots of wagons on the covers, I don’t know how you did that! So close. I’ve looked through all of her books recently because Ms. Ford does have themes similar to the one I’m looking for. I've even written to authors who write similar genres. But the answer is usually that it sounds familiar but they can’t place it.
Thanks, though!

message 17: by Joleen (new)

Joleen | 9 comments Thanks Amber. Again, similar in type, but not the one I’m hoping to find. Sigh.

message 18: by JE (new)

JE | 62 comments there’s a Christian harlequin Series.... Love Inspired. This sounds like it could be one of their books

message 19: by Joleen (new)

Joleen | 9 comments Thanks. I've looked through lots of them. It does sound similar to others in those series. Appreciate your input.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Oregon Bride (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lori Copeland (other topics)