Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > 80K Medieval Fantasy Novel, Swaps/Critiques

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jena (new)

Jena J | 2 comments First Draft Novel, working on first round of edits. Looking for someone to read and give me honest feedback. I'm pretty new to writing novels so any help is appreciated.

Book: The Kara Pendragon Chronicles: Descendant of a Hero

here's a little blurb:

Kara is a Senior in high school who, with a tom boy attitude, spends most of her free time fixing up old cars or at a racetrack. On her way to the homecoming dance her and her boyfriend, Ricky, get side swiped by a semi. Shea wakes to find that her boyfriend has passed away and due to her injuries she had to be put into a coma. The night she gets out of the hospital a strange feeling comes over Kara, she blacks out and wakes up in a strange cottage owned by an old and frail woman. When the old woman's guests arrive they tell Kara that she is not just some 20 year old girl, but that she is actually the daughter of Arthur Pendragon and heir to Camelot. With the knowledge of a missing father and a Sorcerer whose darkness has spread over the land of Obsidian, Kara must travel with her new allies to a new realm where creatures she only read in fantasy novels existed. She must stop the darkness and rid of the Sorcerer before its to late.

Anyone interested?

Swaps, Critiques, ill take it all ;)

message 2: by Gary (new)

Gary Turner | 3 comments Hi Jena.
I'd be interested in a 3 chapter swap. I've a high fantasy, swords & sorcery adventure I'm struggling with. Could use some feedback on character development.

You can reach me at hero.pitch@gmail.com

Here's my blurb:
Sister • Wife • Mother • Necromancer

Rue was no stranger to the dark. She drank in that which others feared and made it her own. Yet few who ventured into the underside of magic come away unshaded. Now, something has followed her home. Confronted with a loss too unimaginable, Rue strikes a bargain to save her family. All she need do…is die horribly.

Imagine the buddy cop genre thrust into the world of swords & sorcery. Two warriors, one a holy, foul-mouthed beacon of truth, the other lodged deep in the eternal dark. Together they are their family’s only chance.

message 3: by Kirk (new)

Kirk | 128 comments Hi Jena (and everyone else).

I’m currently looking for beta readers for my completed manuscript and I came across your post. If you're still open to new readers, then I would be interested in a swap if you are. My story is a sci-fi thriller with a noir edge, currently sitting at around 100,000 words. Here is a (very) rough blurb:

In the not-to-distant future, privacy is a thing of the past. Our lives are monitored and recorded by implants and watched by an all-seeing eye—a government agency called NEXUS.
While some fear the Network, others have found a way to use it to their advantage; one of these people is Nasir Khan. Khan is a private investigator and hacker, and he’ll break into the Network and the feeds direct from people’s implants, for a price.
He’s used to trouble. Everyday he deals with clients looking for missing wives, stolen money, a cheating husband. But when a client calling themselves only “Anonymous” contacts him, things get interesting.
What starts off as just another job soon becomes a murder coverup involving a former government bigwig, mysterious hit men, and a former politician who could be a damsel in distress and could be a femme fatale. And the worst part is, they all have some unknown link to NEXUS.
The question isn’t can Khan use his wits to solve the case, but does he have what it takes to survive.

If that sounds interesting to you, please get in touch with a direct message.

For anyone else reading this, I'm also available to be a critique partner or beta swapper. So if anyone else sees this and is interested then feel free to get in touch. I’m interested in most genres. My favourites are sci-fi, fantasy, and horror. The only genres I don’t feel I can give accurate feedback on are romance stories, erotica, and historical fiction, as I’m not a big reader of any of these. Although fiction with a historical backdrop where historical accuracy isn’t paramount, I can provide feedback on, no problem.

Thanks everyone. I hope to hear from you soon.

Warm regards,

Kirk.