News & Interviews
Ask the Author
Kindle Notes & Highlights
News & Interviews
Ask the Author
Perustopia Book Club
20 Questions Book Tag
Showing 1-18 of 18
post a comment »
Aug 27, 2018 11:28AM
Twenty Questions Booktag:
1. How many books is too many books in a book serie?
2. How do you feel about cliffhangers?
3. Hardback or paperback?
4. Favorite book?
5. Least favorite book?
6. Love triangles, yes or no?
7. The most recent book you just couldn’t finish?
8. A book you’re currently reading?
9. Last book you recommended to someone?
10. Oldest book you’ve read? (Publication date)
11. Newest book you’ve read? (Publication date)
12. Favorite author?
13. Buying books or borrowing books?
14. A book you dislike that everyone else seem to love?
15. Bookmarks or dog-ears?
16. A book you can always reread?
17. Can you read while hearing music?
18. One POV or multiple POV’s? (POV’s = Point of views)
19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?
20. Who do you tag? (You can invite them to the group to do the tag)
1. Too many books? Nah. As long as the story continues to be fresh and entertaining, I see no problem in a long series.
2. I love cliff hangers (she says as she dies inside)! I hate feels that come along with them, but man do they make a good story!
3. Hardback... but I have a paperback budget.
4. This one is hard... Sans Harry Potter... At the moment the Raven Cycle by Maggie S... because I am TRASH for my Raven Boys <3
5. Throne of Glass... Come at me!
6. If they are well done I don't have a problem with them, (I like angst)... But I don't like unnecessary LT's because the story is boring and needs to spice things up.
7. Iron Gold by Pierce Brown - not because it's bad, but because I need to re-read Morning Star. #ShitEscalates
8. H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald
9. SIX OF CROWS - READ THESE BOOKS!
10. Oedipus Rex (The Theban Plays) - published -450 BC
11. Daughter of the Siren Queen - published Feb 2018
12. I really dont have one... Maybe Pierce Brown, because I love everything he has published so far...?
13. Both! Give me ALL THE BOOKS!
14. Anything by S. J. Maas... Again @ me!
15. There are two types of people in this world. People who use Bookmarks, and MONSTERS!
16. Harry Potter (duh), Hunger Games, Six of Crows, The Raven Cycle...
17. Yes, but it really depends on my mood and type of music. Cafe Jazz is a personal favorite of mine when I read.
18. Either! If it is well written I find them both entertaining.
19. Multiple sessions, I am a slow reader... and busy on top of that. But I like to push myself during readathons to finish a book in one sitting.
20. Anyone and Everyone :)
Aug 28, 2018 04:11PM
1. As long as the story continues to entertain, doesn't matter
2. Fine, as long as I'm prepared for it :)
3. Usually hardback, but paperback or Kindle when traveling
4. The Time of the Hunter's Moon by Victoria Holt
5. Anything by Charles Dickens
6. Not usually
7. HP and the Cursed Child
8. Brief Cases by Jim Butcher
9. The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin
10. The Canterbury Tales (published 1390)
11. Brief Cases by Jim Butcher (June 2018)
12. Catherine Coulter...I LOVE her historical romances
14. Anything by Charles Dickens
16. Harry Potter, Dresden Files books, Catherine Coulter's "Brides" books
18. One POV...most multiple POV’s are distracting to me
19. Multiple days
20. Usually no one
Aug 28, 2018 05:45PM
1. As long as I don't have to cry with an end, I don't care.
2. I'm alright with them, I don't like to know what is going to happen.
3. Hardback, but paperback are more comfortable for me.
4. Favorite book? I don't have one.
5. Least favorite book? I think that it can be Huasipungo
6. I LOVE THEM
7. The Wrath and the Dawn
8. Stalking Jack the Ripper
9. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
10. Pride and Prejudice (1813)
11. War Storm (2018)
12. No one
14. John Green books
16. Struck by Joss Stirling (I've read it several times)
18. Multiple POV's
20. I don't have friends here :(
Aug 28, 2018 05:57PM
1. No specific number if the subject matter is still interesting :)
2. Only if they have a sequel!
4." You" by Caroline Kepnes
5. "The Sudden Appearance of Hope "
7. One that had been translated poorly
8. "The perfect mother" by Aimee Molloy
9. " one step too far" by Tina Seskis
Will have to finish later ❤️
Aug 28, 2018 06:01PM
1. Enough to tell the story but not so many that it becomes redundant and boring.
2. Love cliffhangers but hate to wait for the next book lol
4. Depends on genre...this year was probably Scythe
5. Cold River
7.I force my way through them
8. The poppy war
12. Karen kingsbury, John Greene, Nicholas Sparks
14. A painted house
16. Never reread anything
19. Multiple days
Aug 30, 2018 02:50AM
1. If it's still entertaining and don't go everywhere there isn't too many books
2. I don't care, I just need to have the second book with me
3. As I'm french, we don't have hardback or just a few so paperback
4. For now it's Howl's moving castle or the dark in you series
5. Animal farm
6. If it's written correctly , yes either way no
7. a captive maiden ( I was in a reading slump)
8. Vision in silver
9. Hook's pan
10. cid by corneille
11. Noutan ( french serie)
12. Suzanne wright / Anne Bishop
13. Buying books
14. Haven't read it yet but I'd love to read an enchantement of ravens
16. scorpi ( a french serie)
19. Depends how much I like the book (it's more like in one sitting though)
Sep 18, 2018 11:43PM
1. I can’t actually answer this question because I love loads of books in a series so yah
2. Well I never experienced a cliffhanger before maybe only once
3. I love paperback because they are cheaper and I love hardback cause I love it naked it’s just really beautiful
4. Favorite book? Halo,aristotle and dante discover the secrets of the universe,the named,the dark…..throne of glass I love many books
5. Sabriel by Garth Nix
6. Yes I like love triangles if that makes sense lol
7. The dark by Marianne Curley READ IT!!
8. Jimmy Stewart Biography
9. The named
10. 1961 to kill a mockingbird
11. I think maybe lord of shadows 2017
12. I don’t have a favorite author I read from different authors I just don’t read books from just one person
13. Buying books; but I borrow books more from the library though
15. Bookmarks or dog-ears? Bookmarks definitely
16. I don’t reread books
17. Yes I sure can 🎵
18. at least 2
19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days? Depends on the book
20. I don’t tag anybody lol
Sep 19, 2018 02:13AM
1. Not sure
2. Love them cause they make me want to read the next book as soon as possible
3. Paperback always, but for travels I prefer hardback
4.pride and prejudice, harry Potter, the lord of the rings,...
5. Don't remember
7.one about vampires
8. El club de los mentirosos (mary karr) e it (stephen King)
9. Court of thorn and roses
10. Jane Austen
12. Jane Austen, bronte
14. 50 shades of grey
15. Dog ears
16. Pride and prejudice
18. Depends on the book
19. Depends on the book hahaha
Sep 19, 2018 07:39AM
1. I don't mind any number as long as it stays true to the story
2. I don't have money to always be buying books so it makes me feel AWFUL
3.paperback, unless there's a super pretty hardback I want
4. Hmm I don't always label books my all time favorite or anything so
5. The princess spy ugh
6.yes love triangles!
7. I always finish my books because I borrow them from the library
8. Daughter of the pirate king
9. I don't recommend a lot haha
10. No idea
11. Probably the pirate king's daughter
12.i dont have a favorite author but i want mine to be brandon sanderson i just havent started any book by him yet.
13. I love to buy books more
14. No clue oof
15.what are dog ears? Lmao
16.PERCY JACKSON or hp
19. Depends on how busy i am
Sep 24, 2018 05:05AM
1. There is not a specific amount as long as the author isn't milking it.
2. Kind of a love hate relationship. Love it in tv-shows not as much in books.
3. I love collecting hardbacks
4. Throne of glass
5. An abudance of Katherines
6. Guilty pleasure
7. Pride and Prejudice
8. Tower of dawn
9. The harry potter series
10. Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone (1997)
11. Maybe a gathering of shadows (2016)
12. Sarah j maas used to be, but now I'm not so sure.
13. Buying books definitely, I love collecting books and reread them.
14. Empire of storms
15. Dog-ears (don't kill me)
16. There are so many.. The shatter me series and the lunar chronicles
17. Depends on the book
18. Not sure.. multiple maybe?
19. Depends but I love reading books in one sitting
Sep 24, 2018 06:54PM
1. I sometimes have problems with series that go beyond five books. It seems like series that have more books than that can loose their steam pretty easily.
2. If they are done well I love them (aka Children of Blood and Bone)
3. Hardcover generally, but sometimes it depends on which of the two has the better cover.
4. This is an evil question! How am I supposed to choose? I can't, so here are some of my top favorites: Jane Eyre, The Help, The Snow Child, Circe, To Kill a Mockingbird, Percy Jackson
5. Honestly, I don't have just one book I despise, but there are plenty that I have read that I just don't like. I'm just going to say Fifty Shades of Grey (even though I've never read it and never plan to), because I don't like how it portrays a romantic relationship between a couple and how it is degrading to women.
7. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. It wasn't horrible, but I just couldn't get into it.
8. Interview with a Vampire
9. Dear Martin
10. Oedipus Rex- 411 BC
11. I'd Rather be Reading- Sept. 4, 2018
12. Again this is a hard question. I would have to say Charlotte Bronte, Eowyn Ivey, and Rick Riordan
13. Buying books- I have a serious addiction
14. I tried Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas and I didn't really care for it, but everyone seems to adore her. I might try her new series though...
15. BOOKMARKS- Why would you ever dog ear a book! It's evil!
16. Jane Eyre
17. Yes if it's in the background or I'm not really zoned in on it. Also classical music or just plain instrumental music is ok too.
18. I can do either really, but I have been loving books with multiple POVs
19. I can do both, but mostly it takes me multiple days because of my hectic schedule #adultingsucks
20. Anyone who loves books :)
Sep 25, 2018 01:55AM
1. greater than 12? depends on the book
2. i love them if they are done well <3 it gets me excited for the next book!
3. paperback usually
4. you can't pick one
5. before I fall
6. yes in the right scenarios
7. Cinder (one of the only books I have ever not finished)
8. Scythe by Neal Shusterman
9. The Hating Game
10. The Little Prince (1943)
11. Otherwood (2018)
12. still probably Rick Riordan because I read or hear the name of a character form his book, read some plotlines that remind me of what happened, and I'm back to bawling my eyes out
13. Buying books !! <3 support the authors !!
14. Cinder :'( it was just not for me
15. bookmarks because I don't like damaging my babies
16. not including poem books, The Selection series <33 it's my guilty pleasure
17. yep to get me in the mood and to tune out everything else, but when I have tuned everything out I stop playing the music
18. depends on the genre
19. usually over multiple days, there are those that deserve my full attention and I can't seem to put down (e.g. A Monster Calls)
<3 y'all are awesome
(last edited Oct 03, 2018 02:20AM)
Oct 03, 2018 02:10AM
1. It doesn't really matter as long as the series is entertaining and keeps me captivated and wondering what happens next
2. I love them and appreciate them as long as I can eventually get an answer if it's in a series. In standalones it depends on whether the cliff hanger compliments the book
3. Hardback are prettier and I love them, but paper backs are cheaper and easier to read...so maybe a tie? XD
5. Ruby Red (sorry not sorry)
6. No...unless you're Cassandra Clare or can write them really well
7. Queen of the Tearling (I wanna read it eventually but I just found another book I wanted to read more...*sigh*)
8. A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
9. The Darkest Minds (trilogy)
10. Dead is so Last Year
11. Saving Everest
12. Jennifer L. Armentrout (A true queen!!!)
13. Buying books
14. Ruby Red (lol...haha...)
16. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
18. One POV, but I don't mind books with mulit-POV as long as they are written effectively (Well, my idea of effective atleast unless I'm feeling controversial)
19. One sitting when they are really good or just capture me (Or if I'm just in a reading mood)
20. I'll ask a friend XD
Oct 07, 2018 09:25PM
1. There isn't a specific number as long as they're well written & plotted out.
2. I have a love-hate relationship with them. Can handle them better when I'm reading already established series and don't have to wait for the next book.
4. Twilight Saga, Illusions of Fate by Keirsten White, House of Night series
5. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
6. Depends. Most of the time no.
7. Caraval by Stephanie Garber... But that was before I was pulled out of my reading slump that I couldn't read more than a few chapters of a book before starting a new one.
8. Re-reading Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
9. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
10. Not sure, but most likely something Jane Austen
11. Oh My Goth by Gena Showalter (Sept 4, 2018)
12. Keirsten White, Gena Showalter, P.C. & Kristen Cast
13. Buying books - I'm a hoarder
14. A Clockwork Orange
15. Bookmarks - I'm not messing up my precious pages
16. Any Twilight book
17. Only if it's classical/instrumental. I can't listen to words and read words at the same time
18. Either. I like it both ways
19. Depends on the book, the length, and how hooked I get. But usually over the course of a few days.
20. I don't have anyone to tag but this was fun :)
Oct 25, 2018 07:21AM
1. How many books is too many books in a book series? 7
2. How do you feel about cliffhangers? I don't mind them.
3. Hardback or paperback? Paperback
4. Favorite book? Depends of Genre, Warbreaker
5. Least favorite book? The Darkest Part of the Forest
6. Love triangles, yes or no? Yes
7. The most recent book you just couldn’t finish? King's Cage
8. A book you’re currently reading? The Poppy War
9. Last book you recommended to someone? Warbreaker
10. Oldest book you’ve read? (Publication date) Pride and Prejudice
11. Newest book you’ve read? (Publication date) Strange the Dreamer
12. Favorite author? Brandon Sanderson
13. Buying books or borrowing books? Both
14. A book you dislike that everyone else seems to love? The Hating Game
15. Bookmarks or dog-ears? Bookmarks
16. A book you can always reread? Sunshine
17. Can you read while hearing music? Yes
18. One POV or multiple POV’s? (POV’s = Point of views) I don't mind either.
19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days? Multiple Days
20. Who do you tag? (You can invite them to the group to do the tag) Everyone
1. I think they shouldn't be for than six
2. I don't mind them, but I could do without them.
4. Depends on genre, Warbreaker
5. The Darkest Part of the Forest
(last edited Oct 25, 2018 10:12PM)
Oct 25, 2018 10:12PM
2. i like them, keeps you engaged
3. Hardback or paperback? HARDCOVER
4. Favorite book? History of wolves
5. Least favorite book? love letters to the dead
6. Love triangles, yes or no? YES
7. The most recent book you just couldn’t finish? The ruby circle
8. A book you’re currently reading? Kingdom of Ash
9. Last book you recommended to someone? ACOTAR Series
10. Oldest book you’ve read? (Publication date) To kill a mocking bird
11. Newest book you’ve read? (Publication date) KOA
12. Favorite author? Mary E Pearson OR Sarah J Maas
13. Buying books or borrowing books? buying
14. A book you dislike that everyone else seem to love?mmmm, twilight
15. Bookmarks or dog-ears? BOOKMARKS PEOPLE
16. A book you can always reread? VA series!! Love love loveee
17. Can you read while hearing music? YES
18. One POV or multiple POV’s? (POV’s = Point of views) I perfer one, but not opposed to multiple
19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days? if its under 400pg, than a day if not, then over a few days
20. Who do you tag? (You can invite them to the group to do the tag)
Oct 26, 2018 02:29AM
2. It's a love-hate relationship
4. Atonement - Ian McEwan
5. The Last Battle
9. Harry Potter series
10. Götz von Berlichingen - 1773
11. The Hazel Wood -30 January 2018
12. there are so many I couldn't name just one.
13. Buying books.
14. The Hazel Wood
16. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
18. I like one POV better, but am not against mutliple POV's
19. Depends on the book, but normally over multliple days
Mar 10, 2021 11:15PM
1. How many books is too many books in a book serie? - 10
2. How do you feel about cliffhangers? - they're okay
3. Hardback or paperback? - paperback
4. Favorite book? - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
5. Least favorite book? - Pretty Girls
6. Love triangles, yes or no? - no
7. The most recent book you just couldn’t finish? - Pretty Girls
8. A book you’re currently reading? - Beautiful Chaos
9. Last book you recommended to someone? - The Sound of Stars
10. Oldest book you’ve read? (Publication date) - not sure but probably the Bible
11. Newest book you’ve read? (Publication date) - Cool for the Summer (it's being released in May)
12. Favorite author? - Ben Alderson
13. Buying books or borrowing books? - buying
14. A book you dislike that everyone else seem to love? - A Darker Shade of Magic
15. Bookmarks or dog-ears? - bookmarks
16. A book you can always reread? - Harry Potter
17. Can you read while hearing music? - no
18. One POV or multiple POV’s? (POV’s = Point of views) - one POV
19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days? - multiple days
back to top
post a comment »
Add a reference:
Search for a book to add a reference
Perustopia Book Club
Welcome back. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account.