Springfield-Greene County Library District discussion

Did you read a new-to-you comic book or graphic novel this month?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

If you read a comic book or graphic novel this month for ReadUps, tell us about it!

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 26 comments I read the Runaways: The Complete Collection Volume 1 and Runaways: The Complete Collection, Volume 2. I love the story and I love getting to read the whole story arc all at once. I am slightly frustrated with how inconsistent the art is from volume to volume and even from issue to issue. I love the guest appearances of other superheroes and I can't wait to see where the story goes in volume 3!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Emily wrote: "I read the Runaways: The Complete Collection Volume 1 and Runaways: The Complete Collection, Volume 2. I love the story and I love getting to read the whole story ar..."

Nice! I've only read the first book, and it was really good. I was surprised how much I liked the story while not being so hot on the artwork--usually I have to have both going on to really love a series, but this was an exception. Have you watched any of the Hulu series yet?

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily | 26 comments Miranda wrote: "Emily wrote: "I read the Runaways: The Complete Collection Volume 1 and Runaways: The Complete Collection, Volume 2. I love the story and I love getting to read the ..."

The artwork really starts to change a lot in the second complete collection. But I love the characters so much! I have to keep going!

I watched the first episode but I haven't gone any farther.

message 5: by BJ (new)

BJ | 10 comments I read a couple. I read the entire Sarah's Scribbles Adulthood Is a Myth collection this month, which I mostly liked. I also read Algeria Is Beautiful Like America which I was mixed on. The art is pretty good, but the story seemed to meander a little bit. Finally I started the Delilah Dirk series with Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant. While this series has some issues in regards to pacing, the two main characters are fun enough that I went ahead and checked the second book in the series.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

BJ wrote: "I read a couple. I read the entire Sarah's Scribbles Adulthood Is a Myth collection this month, which I mostly liked. I also read Algeria Is Beautiful Like America w..."

Good recs, BJ! I'll definitely check out Delilah Dirk.