Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Does anyone want to read my Sexy Sci-fi Romance novel?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alanna (new)

Alanna | 1 comments Hi,
I'm currently in the process of editing after a round of querying. I had a little bit of interest, but I ended up shelving it for awhile. Now I have a writing conference coming up in November, that I'd like to pitch at, so I need to get it together! Below is my pitch. This book does have graphic sex scenes in it, FYI.

Adah Moore is a young professional, who mostly has it together. When she gets picked for beta testing by her high-profile tech company, she knows this could make or break her career. She has no idea, however, that she has been picked to test out their new artificial intelligence robot: Perfect Boyfriend.

When she first brings him home, she believes they gave her a dud. But after several heart-stopping moments with her robot “boyfriend," whom she has nicknamed Zero, she starts to fall for him. The only problem is, Zero’s developer - and company heartthrob, Logan Holland, also has his eye on Adah.

Now Adah has a choice – does she choose an unparalleled passion and love but also an uncertain future with a robot, or does she choose a pure and steady traditional love with the man who made that first love possible?

ZERO is a science-fiction romance novel primarily marketed towards adult women and is pretty much a TWILIGHT and FIFTY SHADES OF GREY hybrid (read, lots of sex scenes). It is complete at 63,000 words and the full manuscript is available upon your request. This is the first novel in a planned trilogy (it’s just too good not to spread out).

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments I love to read it. please Pm me

message 3: by Christabella (new)

Christabella (laughingmom) | 18 comments That’s a fun premise! I would like to Beta read it. I charge $1/1,000 words. I know there is some controversy about whether Betas should get paid, but I provide detailed and thorough feedback. I have worked on every stage from rough draft to final polish. I’m not just popping back in with the author a month after receiving a draft and saying, “Yeah, I like it.” This past week, I received a 70k word first draft on Monday, and by Wednesday, the author had a detailed assessment on each character (likes/dislikes, believability, inconsistencies in characterization, etc.) and the plot (problems with conflict/resolution, pacing, confusing/distracting sub-plots or scenes, etc.).
I read published romance novels - YA, paranormal, sci-fi, fantasy, contemporary, and erotic - every single day. That helps me stay on top of the trends and know which tropes are being overused. It also means that I love your genre which is important when looking for a Beta.
If my services would be useful to you, please let me know.
Christabella

message 4: by Zero (new)

Zero (jl_sanchez) | 77 comments If you don't mind having a male beta reader, feel free to message me. :)

message 5: by Phil (new)

Phil Hill | 3 comments PM me also if you still need readers