CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2018 Weekly Threads > Week 35- What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 754 comments Mod
Happy last week of August! Can you believe how fast the summer has gone? I definitely can't. This year just seems to be flying by.

What is everyone reading this week? I'll have a couple books going - I'm working my way through The Royal Tutor which is an adorably cute manga. I also picked up The Wrath and the Dawn because I am a sucker for fairy tale retellings (this one is based on Scheherazade from Arabian Nights). I'm also going to try and read The Night Circus. I purchased art from the book recently and I've never read it (don't ask- I'm also a sucker for pretty things). Figured I should at least read the book now!

Tell us what you are reading this week!

The Royal Tutor, Vol. 1 by Higasa Akai The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1) by Renee Ahdieh The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

message 2: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments Since we have come back from Europe, including a week in Germany, I have wanted to read some historical fiction set in the WW2 time frame. Totally out of character for me!
So I am finishing Munich by Robert Harris. It’s good, but not quite as spy thriller as I was thinking.
With school starting for the kids & a busy chauffeur schedule for me, I always have a book on CD, as well as a physical book in the van.
I have a Harlan Corbin book on CD at the moment.
In between I threw in a highlander historical fiction. Ha ha.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 479 comments Over the weekend I finished On Her Majesty's Frightfully Secret Service by Rhys Bowen, and am now reading The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and The Prisoner in the Castle by Susan Elia MacNeal. I've also got a bunch of nonfiction I want to read.

message 4: by J (new)

J (luckyladyvabch) | 177 comments Mod
I’m finishing up the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard book 4 is War Storm.... I’m also reading Mad magic which is pretty good.... thanks to Joanna when I finish mad magic I will start love lies and spies.... so that’s this weeks reading lists

message 5: by Jodie (new)

Jodie Reha I have decided I am not reading anything new until I read what is by my bed (until I see a new book that I have to read! :) ) I just finished Small Admissions by Amy Poeppel and have started Wild Justice by Philip Margolin (based on a co-worker's recommendation). I have also started The People We Hate Hate At The Wedding by Grant Ginder. How could you pass up a book with that title?? And I want to finally finish Jan Karon's In This Mountain, so I can read the rest of the books in that series.
Small Admissions by Amy Poeppel Wild Justice (Amanda Jaffe, #1) by Phillip Margolin The People We Hate at the Wedding by Grant Ginder In This Mountain (Mitford Years, #7) by Jan Karon

message 6: by Jodie (new)

Jodie Reha Well, I couldn't help myself! I took out two new books from the library to add to my ever-growing pile: Ghosted by Rosie Walsh and Flight or Fright : 17 turbulent tales, edited by Stephen King and Bev Vincent.
Ghosted by Rosie Walsh Flight or Fright by Stephen King

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 479 comments I've finished The Scarlet Pimpernel, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, Toucan Keep a Secret by Donna Andrews, and Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding by Rhys Bowen. Next up is Death Below Stairs by Jennifer Ashley and The Prisoner in the Castle by Susan Elia MacNeal.