Play Book Tag discussion

Origin (Robert Langdon, #5)
This topic is about Origin
Archive: Other Books > Origin by Dan Brown 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel N. | 1614 comments Robert Langdon is at the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao to attend his former student Edmond Kirch's presentation on "where did we come from?" and "where are we going?" The presentation is interrupted and Langdon ends up fleeing with the beautiful museum director Ambra Vidal. What I like about the early Langdon books is the hunt for clues and deciphering of codes to find some hidden secret. There is next to none of that in this book which I found to be disappointing. Langdon does travel around a bit and gets to see various famous sites in Spain but he doesn't actually have to use his brain much. The book switches POV's between at least 10 characters, some of whom are in the book for a very short period of time, which kept me from being fully immersed in the story. The book is much more a debate about science vs. religion than it is a fun romp searching for codes.

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6407 comments It was a 3-star read for me as well.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh no, I love his other books. I may go ahead and read this because I have to since I've read the others.:) But this is disappointing news.