September Readalong of The Thirteenth Tale #thirteenthtalealong discussion

The Thirteenth Tale
This topic is about The Thirteenth Tale
Introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Katie Lumsden (katie-booksandthings) | 13 comments Mod
Hello everybody! Do please introduce yourself here. Have you heard much about or read The Thirteenth Tale before?

I'm Katie, from Books and Things on Booktube, and will be hosting this readalong. This will be my third reading of The Thirteenth Tale.

Keriann (kad123) Hiya I'm Keriann from the YouTube channel Womanvsbooks, I'll be joining in, the book doesn't sound like my usual thing but I love reading outside my comfort zone and potentially finding new favourites ☺

Olive Fellows (abookolive) (abookolive) Hi! I'm Olive, also known as abookolive over on Booktube. This is a book I remember hearing about on the Book Riot podcast before I even started my channel, so it's safe to say that I've been intending to read this book since 2014! Can't wait to experience it for the first time with everyone :)

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma Organdie (organdie) Hello everyone. I'm looking forward to rereading this one again, it is one of my favourites.
I remember reading it when it first came out, loving it, getting a job in a bookshop, and getting to do an event with Diane Setterfield in the first month of working. I may have been a bit over excited....
I hope everyone else enjoys it too.

Gina Thomas | 4 comments Excited to finally read this, it’s been on my TBR mountain way too long!🤓

Britta Böhler Hi everyone, I'm Britta from The Second Shelf over on booktube. I've been meaning to read this book for years!

message 7: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura (mlalvarez) Hi! I'm Laura. I've read a couple of chapters of the book (loved them) but I'll wait for the readalong to continue. I've bought it a couple of months ago just because of Katie's review 😊.

message 8: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber Graham (tigerfreak33) | 1 comments Hello! I'm Amber - Amber, Unabridged on YouTube. This will be my second time reading this book. I read it about 10 years ago, and I've wanted to reread it since. I've been looking for someone to enjoy it with me. I'm so excited for this!

Emma | 3 comments Hi! I'm readbynight on instagram if there are any fellow bookstagramers here! I have'nt read this one, but I'm really looking forward to it!

message 10: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 27, 2018 09:45AM) (new)

Alexandra (alexandraamariei) | 1 comments Hello I'm Alex and I love watching Katie's videos because I love classics and I am so happy I discovered her on youtube. This will be my second time reading this book, because the first time I read it was a few years ago, so I cannot wait to dive right back into this story. Happy reading!

message 11: by Mike (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mike (literallyliterary) | 2 comments I'm Mike. I'm a fan of readalongs and the classics. I've heard really good things about this book, so I'm ready to give it a go. Looking forward to reading with you all!

Maureen | 1 comments Hi, I'm Maureen and this is my second time reading "The Thirteenth Tale" by Diane Setterfield. The first time I actually got it on CD and listed to it during my commute. I loved the CD version. This time I will be reading the book. I highly recommend the Cd version as it is very entertaining.

Jana (AwakeInfinitee) | 1 comments Hi everyone, my name is Jana, I am a rookie at readalongs, this one seems like the perfect place to start! :D I had the pleasure of reading The Thirteenth Tale years ago, loved it, and look forward to rereading it with all of you!

message 14: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam (woohoobooks) Hi everyone! I'm Sam and this will be my second time reading The Thirteenth Tale. I don't reread books very often, but this was one I enjoyed so very much the first time that I cannot wait to experience it again. Happy reading to you all!

Shawna (goodreadscomshawna_johnson) | 3 comments Hi all! I'm Shawna and I'm looking forward to this readalong, as Thirteenth Tale has been on my TBR shelf for ages. Plus, it's a gothic story so will be the perfect book to kick off my Fall reading!

message 16: by Lisa (last edited Sep 01, 2018 01:29PM) (new) - added it

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Hi, All.

I enjoy group and buddy reads and belong to a real world book club too.

This book has been languishing on my to read shelf so when I saw the invitation to this group and checked out the schedule, I figured it would be a good opportunity to finally read the book. I just reserved it at the library.

(I just had surgery and have lifting limitations and I am trying to plan for a move, etc. life issues, so at first I'd assumed I would join in, but I'm going to do my best.)

ETA: Things are worse on my end than I knew and I have no time for this group read, unfortunately. Katie, some day I'd like to do this with you and a group with some other book. Thanks for organizing this. But I'll be leaving since I can't participate.

Danielle Andrews | 1 comments Hi everyone! Danielle here - you can find me at danleeand over on Instagram. I read The Thirteenth Tale back in 2014 (in September!), and absolutely loved it!

It's not often that I commit to re-reading a book as I'm so absorbed in my new TBR lists, so this will be a wonderful opportunity to re-visit a book I know that I really connected with.

Thia Reads A Lot (thiareadsalot) | 4 comments Hello everyone! I'm Thia.Reads.A.Lot on Instagram.
At the beginning of the year, I made a list of 9 novels (and 9 series) to read in 2018 and The Thirteenth Tale was one of two I still haven't read. The timing of this readalong couldn't be more perfect!
I'll be doing Sequel September next month, but it will be a good thing to go back to a standalone novel towards the end.

Samantha Garner (samanthagarner) | 4 comments Hi everyone! I'm Samantha and can be found @samanthakgarner at most places online. This book is in my TBR pile, so this is great timing! I'm looking forward to it.

Julie | 1 comments Hi everyone! I’m Julie from Bournemouth, UK. A friend of mine posted this novel in his top 10 recently and then the read along came along. I took it as my time to read it had come and this is backed up as it is currently £2 on Amazon, making me a very happy old gal!

Katie Lumsden (katie-booksandthings) | 13 comments Mod
Nice to meet you all - I hope you're all going to enjoy the book :) FYI, I've now updated the group description with notes of the chapter titles we're reading up to each day, for those of you with different editions.

message 22: by Leanne (new)

Leanne Sinclair | 1 comments Hi, I’m Leanne (bookloveNCL on YouTube)! I’ve never done a readalong before, but this has been on my list for years, so it seemed like a good time to finally buy it and get the thing read! Can’t wait :)

Samantha | 4 comments Hi everyone! I'm Samantha. The Thirteenth Tale is a book I've heard mentioned a lot but never had an understanding of what it is about until I looked it up just now, and now I am pumped to dig into it! It sounds like the perfect fall read. Looking forward to going through it with all of you!

message 24: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Dee | 10 comments Hi everyone, I'm Dori. This will be my first time reading The Thirteenth Tale and my first readalong, so I'm very excited! I don't have a YouTube channel, but I've heard many good things about this book on BookTube and have been meaning to get to it for a while.

Looking forward to some fun discussions with everyone :)

Marissa (blatantlybookish) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Marissa, also known as Blatantly Bookish on Booktube. I absolutely love The Thirteenth Tale, and I'm so excited to read it for the second time with you! It's one of the best contemporary books I've ever read. It's the perfect autumnal read full of literary references, Gothic tropes, and exquisite writing! I can't wait to experience it again :)

Helle | 2 comments Hi, I'm Helle. I didn't intend to join the group because I'm going to be busy reading Shakespeare in September, but Katie's video convinced me. I have heard about The Thirteenth Tale but never read it.

MªJesús Tovar | 10 comments Hello everyone! I’m Mª Jesús. I had never been interested in reading this book, in fact I don’t know much about it, but after watching Katie’s video I’m looking forward to starting the readalong.

≈ Disheveled Reader ϟ ≈ (disheveledreader) hey, I'm Fatma and I recently got into reading classcics and Katie's vids encouraged me to do so .. this my first time reading this book and super excited since this is my first group-read.

Jenny Cooke (Bookish Shenanigans) Hello fellow readers! I'm Jenny and like Katie I love Victorian classics. Haven't read this book before but it sounds wonderful and is perfect timing as the readathon starts when my dissertation is due so I can celebrate being free by reading this book!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone! I'm Konstantin and I'm fourteen. I've been meaning to read this book for ages, but got to the movie first - and loved it, so if the book is better, I just can't wait to start it! As always, a big thanks to Katie for her brilliant ideas!

Elise Kennedy | 1 comments Hello! I'm Elise from California, USA. I'm and avid reader and can't wait to dig into this book!

message 32: by Cendaquenta (new) - added it

Cendaquenta Hello, I'm Cenda. Will be my first time reading the book. It's been sitting on my Kindle for a while, waiting for me to fit it into my schedule. I'm really looking forward to it as I've heard nothing but good things!

Bonnie (bonnie_poole) | 1 comments I discovered that The Thirteenth Tale is also a movie. I would love to watch it too. I haven’t found a DVD of it yet here in the US though but will keep looking. I saw it’s on youtube but the audio cuts out. I really look forward to reading this with everyone! Happy reading!

message 34: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley Millet (ashleylovesnonfiction) | 1 comments Hi! I am Ashley from Iowa in the USA. This will be my second read of The Thirteenth Tale and I'm excited because when I read it last year I loved it but I know a re-read will be great. I look forward to reading with everyone.

Joanie | 1 comments hi all

my name is joanie. I had never heard of the thirteenth tale until I purchased it a couple of weeks ago. I had put it on my reading list then this group popped up. I have never done a readalong before so I'm super excited

message 36: by Ulya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ulya (ulyavsbooks) Hello! My name is Ulya.

Unfortunately, I find out about The Thirteenth Tale the wrong way. I watched a movie some time ago and as it often happens wasn't aware that it was based on a book. But despite knowing the plot, Katie`s enthusiasm and love for this novel inspired me to join this Readalong. I am looking forward to that.

message 37: by Holly (last edited Sep 13, 2018 01:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Holly | 1 comments Hello, my name is Holly. This is the first readalong I have ever done. Not heard of the book until Katie's video. I am hoping to really enjoy the book and reading along with everyone else.

Megan Daws (giantpurplesquirrel) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Megan. I know next to nothing about The Thirteenth Tale which is good as I like going in to books that way. I've got it out of the library already so I'm all ready to go.

Literary Multitudes (literary_multitudes) | 2 comments Hi everyone! I'm Charly, litblogadventure on Instagram. I never read or even heard about "The Thirteenth Tale" before watching the readalong video! Now I've read a couple of chapters ahead already... and can't wait till the read-a-long gets going. :)

message 40: by Carolyn (new) - added it

Carolyn (cam00105) | 1 comments Hi everyone! I'm late in introducing myself but I'm Carolyn and my channel on Booktube is called Carolyn's Reading Ramblings 😄. It's wonderful to see how many people are participating in this readalong and so nice of Katie to organize and host it 😄. This book has been on my TBR for years and I finally bought it back in 2013 and yet still haven't read it. Katie has been encouraging me to read this for a few years so I'm glad I now have no excuse not to and so many people to read with for encouragement and discussion 😄

Alice (readingwithalice) Hello, all! My name is Alice and I’m very late in introducing myself but excited for my first read-along! I remember hearing about this book years ago and I’m glad I finally have the push I need to start reading it.

Lindsey (themadrhetorician) | 1 comments Hello book lovers! I'm Lindsey, and I'm a little late in introducing myself, but excited to re-read this novel. I read it some years ago now, and loved it. However, I am terrible at re-reading, so I have never revisited it. This gives me the perfect opportunity to do so.

message 43: by Tammy (new) - added it

Tammy Merck | 2 comments Hello my name is Tammy. I started this book ages ago but never finished it for some reason. Looking forward to reading along with others!

Maddy | 1 comments Hi my name is Maddy and I discovered this book after Katie talked about in on her channel and I bought an ebook version of it. I liked it so much than later I wanted to have a proper book. So it is a re-read for me as for others who participate to the read long.

Josie Lacey | 1 comments Hi everyone, I'm Josie and I'm very late introducing myself. I remember watching the BBC adaptation of The Thirteenth Tale a few years ago and enjoying it, so I'm looking forward to joing in with this readalong. Work is crazy for me at the moment so I might fall behind schedule in the week, but I plan to read as much as I can and catch up on the weekends.

message 46: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie | 2 comments Hi everyone. I'm Charlie, and I am already loving what I've read, mostly because it's just so pretty. I have plans to force it on my cousin at the first chance. (Here because I'm a sucker for anything Katie recommends, so I'd already bought a copy previously.)

Noël (the_book_rook) | 4 comments hello, I'm Noel. I thought I did things intro before but I guess not? This will be a reread for me. I also have an insta at the_book_rook if you want to check me out.

Noël (the_book_rook) | 4 comments hello, I'm Noel. I thought I did things intro before but I guess not? This will be a reread for me. I also have an insta at the_book_rook if you want to check me out.

message 49: by anna marie (new)

anna marie (dyke) hi!! I'm anna marie or the channel actual spinster on youtube!! I'm going to be late to starting with this redialing because I'm waiting for my library to receive my copy but i should be starting soon!! i had never heard of the book before but i generally think my taste aligns quite well with katie's so i was super intrigued!!

message 50: by Knightley (new) - added it

Knightley (knightley_reads) | 1 comments Hello there! I have been doing the read along from the beginning but am new to the discussion! So far I have kept pace with the schedule so am proud of myself! I am Michelle from South Australia and have had this book on my shelf for years. Cannot remember much from way back when I first read it so it is almost like reading a new book for me!