Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading August 27?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2122 comments Mod
This week I'm reading Someone Worth Keeping by Ruthie Luhnow and Light Beyond Dark by E. M. Leya.

message 2: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Just finished my ARC of Timid and it was a 5 star read for me. Devney Perry is quickly becoming one of my favourite authors in CR.

Starting another ARC - Kiss the Girl by Tara Sivec.

Listening to The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie and forgot how much I love this series. I was going to listen to the next one, Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage, but Penny Reid had a post on Facebook about Knitting in the City series and now I feel like re-listening to that series.

Decisions...decisions...

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan (shaydock) | 727 comments I have two going D Harkness Discovery Witches and Baldacci’s King and Maxwell

message 4: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Almost finished with Rainy Day Friends and loving it!

message 5: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 398 comments I'm listening to The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish & just began Speakeasy by Sarina Bowen (I really like her work). I've read and enjoyed several books by Devney Perry, and thought I'd wait until her newer series has a few more books before diving in. I have Rainy Day Friends sitting on my nightstand-can't wait!

message 6: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Loved Rainy Day Friends, Irish Eyes and Speakeasy, Chocolatesoup and I really hope you enjoy the Lark Cove series, too.

message 7: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments I am reading The Earl of London and loving it as it is like HR but set in modern day haha (Shout out to Stacey for the review that brought it to my attention)
I am also waiting patiently for The Governess Game by TD to download onto my phone today!

message 8: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1925 comments Mod
I'm still in a reading slump but read Christina Lauren's upcoming Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating in one sitting yesterday. Very charming romcom and a great follow up to the romance high I got from the Netflix movie of To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han.

message 9: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Manda wrote: "I'm still in a reading slump but read Christina Lauren's upcoming Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating in one sitting yesterday. Very charming romcom and a great follow up to the ro..."

I've just signed up to Netflix so I can watch that movie Manda! i also want to go watch Crazy Rich Asians at the cinema

message 10: by Manda (new)

It's fun, Leigh-Ayn!

Continuing my tentative streak, I finished another Christina Lauren ARC last night. This time it was My Favorite Half-Night Stand. Another fun one. But I'm finished with CL arcs. What now??? 🙃

message 11: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria Jane | 7 comments Alas I start college this Tuesday so my time to read is disappearing (for fun anyways...). I'll probably finish The Pursuit of Marriage and hopefully start Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating if I have the time.

message 12: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Chocolatesoup wrote: "I'm listening to The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish & just began Speakeasy by Sarina Bowen (I really like her work). I've read and enjoyed several books by De..."

I absolutely love Sarina Bowen! I hope you enjoyed SPEAKEASY! I've read her entire catalogue and there is only 1 book (MAN HANDS that she co-wrore with Tanya Eby) that I didn't care for.

message 13: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Manda wrote: "I'm still in a reading slump but read Christina Lauren's upcoming Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating in one sitting yesterday. Very charming romcom and a great follow up to the ro..."

I just saw this book and was thinking about picking it up, Manda. It sounded cute. I loved their Beautiful series and Wild Seasons series but haven't read anything by her lately.

message 14: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2102 comments Mod
I have mostly taken a break from Romance and been reading Michael Gilbert novels and also The Goblin Emperor. But I’m ready to head back to romance and looking for ideas.

message 15: by Manda (new)

Irisheyes wrote: "Manda wrote: "I'm still in a reading slump but read Christina Lauren's upcoming Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating in one sitting yesterday. Very charming romcom and a great follo..."

These newer rom coms of theirs seem a bit more mature than their earlier books and it works well for me.