The Next Best Book Club discussion

Summer Reading Challenge (2018) > Marie's Summer Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (last edited Sep 01, 2018 01:59PM) (new)

Marie Mandiak (marie_mandiak) | 84 comments Yikes! Is it the end of August already? I had the best of intentions, and I was going to try the Expert level, but now I'm struggling to complete the beginner level. I've got 5 more days.

So far, I've read:
The Stars Are Fire by Anita Shreve The Stars Are Fire by Anita Shreve: The Colors of Summer, Let's Get it On.
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller The Song of Achiles by Madeline Miller: Take Pride, Listen to Me
Island Time by Susan Wiggs Island Time by Susan Wiggs: Beach Bum, Sand Between Toes, Let's Get it On,
Letters to Mack Book One by Tom McCoy Letters to Mack by Tom McCoy: Hook 'Em, Dear Pen Pal

message 2: by Marie (last edited Sep 01, 2018 02:04PM) (new)

Marie Mandiak (marie_mandiak) | 84 comments Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman by Haruki Murakami Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman by Haruki Murakami: Read the World, Diversify Yourself, You Have a Lovely Accent, Won't Be Long.
A Face in the Crowd by Stephen King A Face in the Crowd by Stephen King: Sports-a-Holic, Campfire Story.
Green Heart (Green Angel, #1-2) by Alice Hoffman Green Heart by Alice Hoffman: Into the Great Wide Open, It's the End of the World.
A Year with Rumi Daily Readings by Rumi A Year with Rumi: Poet at Heart, One and Done, You Have a Lovely Accent.

message 3: by Marie (new)

Marie Mandiak (marie_mandiak) | 84 comments Books I'm still reading: Jaws, The Golden House, News of the World, Mechanica.

message 4: by My Quiet Pages (new)

My Quiet Pages (myquietpages) | 7 comments I had the best of intentions too but alas I haven't completed my challenge.

message 5: by Marie (new)

Marie Mandiak (marie_mandiak) | 84 comments I am trying to finish up the few books I started this summer, but it is hard now that Fall semester has started.

message 6: by Marie (new)

Marie Mandiak (marie_mandiak) | 84 comments Finished Jaws but having a difficult time with Mechanica!