#AYEARATHON discussion

September2018 - OwnVoices novels > September - To Be Read (TBR)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 1018 comments Mod
This Month's Info:
Takes Place From - (3-9)
Theme - #OwnVoices novels
Challenge - Short stories

What are you planning on reading?

message 2: by Key (new)

Key (leoithne27) | 69 comments For #ownvoices I want to read The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas and (this counts as both theme and challange a bit) Uncanny Magazine Issue 21 March/April 2018 by Andrea Tang

If I get through those then maybe:
Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy

message 3: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 415 comments I think I'm reading
Release for own voices

and I have booked a few short stories collections from the library so hopefully one of those comes in time for the readathon
Dragons at Crumbling Castle is one of my own books I would like to read that week.

message 4: by Gil-or (readingbooksinisrael) (last edited Aug 29, 2018 05:32AM) (new)

Gil-or (readingbooksinisrael) (meirathefirst) Everything I plan to read is going to be short stories except for the picture book:

Terminus/Vajra Chandrasakera
Fault Lines/AJ Fitzwater
*Dreyfus in Kraskilevka/Sholom Aleichem
*The Convoy/Sholom Aleichem
*The Fiddle/Sholom Aleichem

*Funny Bones: Posada and the Day of the Dead Cavelaras/Duncan Tonatiuh

message 5: by Annie (new)

Annie Fontoura (nerdfox) | 1 comments I plan on reading *To all the boys I've loved before for #OwnVoices and I have a list of Harry Potter short stories to get to.

message 6: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Wolkoff | 107 comments Here's my TBR:
If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) by Jenny Han Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han

I was thinking of reading The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas but I'm honestly scared to pick it up. I'm afraid this book will give me all the feels and I'll end up having a reading slump.

Has anyone read this book? Any words of advice?

message 7: by Sammy (last edited Aug 30, 2018 02:53PM) (new)

Sammy Michelle | 46 comments For #OwnVoices I want to read To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han , P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) by Jenny Han , and Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon .

For short stories I think Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger will be perfect!

message 8: by Hala (new)

Hala Elaila | 11 comments The true love gave it to me

message 9: by Janie (new)

message 10: by Janie (new)

Janie (sj_ellis11) Vivian wrote: "Here's my TBR:
If I Was Your Girl by Meredith RussoP.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) by Jenny HanAlways and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han

I was thinking of reading [bookcover:The Hate U G..."

Follow it with another book that is hyped and your fave genre. I ended up following THUG with 4 books that I absolutely LOVED and gave five stars to too (The Upside of Unrequited, Immortal History of Henrietta Lacks, Eliza and Her Monsters, and Flame in the Mist)

message 11: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Wolkoff | 107 comments Sarah E. wrote: "Follow it with another book that is hyped and your fave genre. I ended up following THUG with 4 books that I absolutely LOVED and gave five stars to too (The Upside of Unrequited, Immortal History of Henrietta Lacks, Eliza and Her Monsters, and Flame in the Mist) "

I think I'll do that, Sarah! Thanks for the tip!

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) I'm behind on my Goodreads goal, so I'm planning to stick to short reads. I have tons of novellas on my Kindle, so I'll be trying to breeze through a chunk of those, and maybe a couple short audiobooks as well.

message 13: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 415 comments Decided my tbr now
Own voices books:
Release by Patrick Ness and Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan

Short stories I got a bunch to pick from
Dragons at Crumbling Castle by Terry Pratchett On Cats by Charles Bukowski Virgin and Other Stories by April Ayers Lawson All the Beloved Ghosts by Alison MacLeod and Jeeves and Friends: Short Stories
I'm not going to get to all of these but I would like to try as many as possible. My average read for a week is between 4-5 books depending on size and usually includes 1 graphic novel. However I always like to try pushing myself a little bit for readathons

message 14: by Nina (last edited Sep 02, 2018 04:35AM) (new)

Nina | 53 comments I am already in the middle of War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy Fall of Giants (The Century Trilogy, #1) by Ken Follett and Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell , which are all quite huge books (1000 + pages). Therefore I don't want to add to much to my TBR but I have one #ownvoices book that I plan on reading the next weeks: The Periodic Table by Primo Levi

message 15: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 13 comments I started Summer Days and Summer Nights Twelve Love Stories by Stephanie Perkins a few years ago and read story # 1 & 2 but never went on from there. I am going to start over and reread the whole thing this week and maybe get it finished finally. I liked the 2 stories but other things had come along. I find I like short Story's

Here are the one's I want to read this week
Summer Days and Summer Nights Twelve Love Stories by Stephanie Perkins and Kisses from Hell by Kristin Cast