South Shore Readers discussion

Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1)
This topic is about Children of Blood and Bone
Book Club > Discussion: Children of Blood & Bone

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 1110 comments Mod
Our September 2018 book is the novel Children of Blood & Bone by Tomi Adeyemi.

We will meet in person on the last Sunday of September to discuss at El Serape in Braintree. You can see the event details and RSVP here: https://www.goodreads.com/event/show/...

Author's website: http://www.tomiadeyemi.com/

Reading Guide/Questions:
https://static1.squarespace.com/stati...

message 2: by Denise (new)

Denise (ribeachgirl) | 127 comments So... did we know this one is 500+ pages when we picked it? Or maybe I picked up an omnibus edition that has more than one story? Anyone? I got the hardcover edition from the library and it's a bit intimidating.

If I recall correctly, we decided it was okay that it was 525 pages because it is a Young Adult book so should theoretically be a quicker read. :)

I hear you on intimidating though. My current read is a 900 page hardcover. Ugh. such a beast of a book.

I got B's activity schedule and he has to be in Milton at 2:15 on the afternoon of September 30th. So, I most likely won't be at book club this month.

Danielle (daniellecareymooney) | 4 comments I spent most of August building myself up for this read... that's why I was so excited about joining this group. I needed some peer pressure because I am incredibly intimidated. I finally started yesterday and will get through chapter 3 tonight. Just trying to get through it one chapter at a time (all 85 of them)! So far so good though! :)

I just found out I will not be able to attend your get together on this book, but I'm excited for this discussion post.

Stay tuned, we may be moving book club to September 29th since none of the people who would usually organize a meeting can make the 30th.

Joanie | 492 comments Mod
I have been half reading and half listening to this and I’m about 3/4 of the way through. I like it but I’m not enamored with it. Feels like a lot of other YA fantasy stuff I’ve read.

NOTE: the time of the book club has been changed to Saturday September 29th @ 7 PM.

It is still at El Serape.

OK, I am finally reading this book! I am about 6 or so chapters in and am curious to see where it goes. This is a crazy next few days for me , so we will see if I have time to finish it.

I WILL be going to book club whether I finish the book or not!

Danielle (daniellecareymooney) | 4 comments Unfortunately, I cannot attend on Saturday either but I LOVE this book. I have about 75 pages left and I've slowed down to savor them. I'll be done by Saturday if anyone wants to discuss online. :)

message 11: by Denise (new)

Denise (ribeachgirl) | 127 comments I'm taking a DNF on this one. I read about 160 pages. I didn't find it to be a page-turner, and I had a hard time picking it up every day. When the due date approached, I returned it to the library with no regret. I definitely won't have it read by Saturday, but I put my name back on the hold list at the library. I'll give it another try if I'm not reading anything else when my turn comes up again.

message 12: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 131 comments The slacker here. I thought I was volunteering tomorrow night but it’s tonight. Which turned out great because I love Roomful of Blues. It also means I can join you. I haven’t read the book yet so I can’t wait to hear the conversation. You seem to be all over the place.

message 13: by Denise (new)

Denise (ribeachgirl) | 127 comments Bring my cheese!

We are in the 2nd room. Walk past entrance area and take a left.

Joanie | 492 comments Mod
Finished yesterday. Better late than never I guess!