the writing spot discussion

writings > find nanowrimo friends

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Breanne (new)

Breanne (breegreen_books) | 37 comments Mod
nanowrimo, for those who don't know, is when you try to write 50,000 words within a month! you have an online account that tracks your process and it feels so good when you achieve this goal!!

if you have a nano account, comment below and maybe discuss if you are going to be participating in this upcoming november nano because it is quickly approaching us!

message 2: by Breanne (new)

my username is cookiemuggle. last year, i didn't do much more than 10,000 words in november but this past april for camp nano, i achieved nearly 50,000 words!!

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 99 comments Mod
Could you possibly post a link to it so that others can find it without going on a world wide search for it?

message 4: by Breanne (new)

Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood wrote: "Could you possibly post a link to it so that others can find it without going on a world wide search for it?"

you're so smart! here's the link if you've never heard of it or visited the site before:
nanowrimo it's super helpful in my opinion with staying motivated

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 99 comments Mod
Lol thank you! I've thought about doing it in the past but something always gets in the way. Maybe this year...

message 6: by Breanne (new)

Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood wrote: "Lol thank you! I've thought about doing it in the past but something always gets in the way. Maybe this year..."

it definitely takes up a lot of your time! you should try it! it's always lots of fun (and stress haha)

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica C Writes (jessicacwrites) I've tried NaNo twice, and both times failed miserably but it was because of school. This year is my first year of college, so I need to see how the first few weeks go before I decide, but I'm hoping to participate!

We'll see how it goes then! I might join!

message 9: by Shae (new)

Shae West (karsynshae) | 220 comments Can anyone join? Or do have to be a certain age?
Also when you guys say write 50'000 words do you have to write a story or just chat?

message 10: by Mylien (new)

Mylien Lai | 153 comments Mod
Karsyn wrote: "Can anyone join? Or do have to be a certain age?
Also when you guys say write 50'000 words do you have to write a story or just chat?"

Anyone can join! Most likely the age limit is over 13 so I think you're good! And yes, you do have to write a story, from what it seems. I may be wrong as I am not in NaNo.

message 11: by Shae (new)

Shae West (karsynshae) | 220 comments Thanks!

message 12: by Mylien (new)

Mylien Lai | 153 comments Mod
You’re welcome!!