Wanderlust Challenges discussion

Archive Group Reads > September/October Group Read - The Lost City of the Condor

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 14230 comments September/October Group Read
The Lost City of the Condor by Loretta Jackson & Vickie Britton

Everyone is invited to join us in our Group Read for September and October.

**Please use spoilers when posting your comments.

Commercial Photography

While traveling on a local bus in Chinchero, Peru, Arla is approached by a mysterious female peddler who shows her a small, silver warrior. The statue is identical to those found only in rare Inca tombs located high in the Andes. Arla suspects this is a genuine artifact, perhaps stolen from the same Capacocha burial site her co-worker, Lance Hayden, is seeking. When the woman tells her she has many more items for sale, Arla follows her to an abandoned house. Too late, Arla realizes she has fallen into a trap!

Arla gets kidnapped by a group of ruthless thieves who are holding Lance Hayden hostage. They believe Arla's in possession of a journal, which is the final link to the Lost City and the secret it holds. A race against time takes Arla to a snowy mountain peak and a clash with the looters for the most priceless treasure of all - the golden condor!

message 2: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 14230 comments A new group read is coming up!! Hope you will join me in reading this. An it's going to great with our new Seasonal Challenge :)

message 3: by Denise (new)

Denise | 2575 comments I got this as a Kindle book but I'm not exactly sure when I'll start reading - maybe the second week of September. Looking forward to it!

message 4: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 14230 comments I'm looking forward to it too Denise! Glad you will be joining me.

message 5: by Denise (last edited Sep 06, 2018 12:35AM) (new)

Denise | 2575 comments I'm reading too many books at once so this will be slow at first.

Chapter 1
(view spoiler)

message 6: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 14230 comments I'm so glad you started this Denise! I should be able to get it started within the next couple days.

message 7: by Denise (last edited Sep 06, 2018 07:43PM) (new)

Denise | 2575 comments Chapter 2
(view spoiler)

message 8: by Denise (new)

Denise | 2575 comments Chapter 3
(view spoiler)

message 9: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 14230 comments I'm starting this tonight!! I will pop in tomorrow with some comments.

message 10: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 14230 comments Chapters 1-2 (view spoiler)

message 11: by Denise (last edited Sep 09, 2018 07:00PM) (new)

Denise | 2575 comments Chapter 4 (view spoiler)

Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

Chapter 6 -7(view spoiler)

Chapter 8 (view spoiler)

message 12: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 14230 comments Chapters 3-5: (view spoiler)

message 13: by Denise (new)

Denise | 2575 comments Chapter 9-14

(view spoiler)

message 14: by Denise (new)

Denise | 2575 comments Chapter 15-18

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Jan, Moderator (last edited Sep 12, 2018 07:50AM) (new)

Jan | 14230 comments Through Chapter 14: (view spoiler)

message 16: by Denise (last edited Sep 12, 2018 07:59AM) (new)

Denise | 2575 comments Jan
(view spoiler)

message 17: by Denise (new)

Denise | 2575 comments Chapter 19-24
(view spoiler)

message 18: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 14230 comments Through Chapter 24: (view spoiler)

message 19: by Denise (new)

Denise | 2575 comments Chapter 24-30
(view spoiler)

message 20: by Denise (last edited Sep 15, 2018 08:57AM) (new)

Denise | 2575 comments Chapter 31 - End
(view spoiler)

message 21: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 14230 comments LOL...we are at exactly the same spot. I just finished Chapter 30 and am determined to finish this tonight.

(view spoiler)

message 22: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 14230 comments Finished this: (view spoiler)

message 23: by Denise (last edited Sep 15, 2018 08:58AM) (new)

Denise | 2575 comments Jan wrote: "LOL...we are at exactly the same spot. I just finished Chapter 30 and am determined to finish this tonight.

That was me last night too - just finish it already! We thought the same about the book, too.

message 24: by Louise (new)

Louise | 158 comments I just downloaded it! Have to finish a couple of others first.

message 25: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 14230 comments Once you get to it, I hope you enjoy it Louise. To be honest it had its up and downs. But be sure to stop in and let us know how it goes.

message 26: by Denise (new)

Denise | 2575 comments I just discovered (view spoiler)

message 27: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 14230 comments Oh...I didn't realize that. Good to know Denise...(view spoiler)

message 28: by Denise (new)

Denise | 2575 comments Jan (view spoiler)

message 29: by Louise (new)

Louise | 158 comments I had to abandon this one. :-(

message 30: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 14230 comments That doesn't surprise me Louise!! At least you tried...lol.

message 31: by Louise (new)

Louise | 158 comments Jan wrote: "That doesn't surprise me Louise!! At least you tried...lol."
Ha, yes! I gave up when Arla was talking to the random cop about Ted Langston, without explaining who he was. Didn’t get too far really.

message 32: by Karen (new)

Karen | 588 comments I wasn't encouraged when I couldn't find the book in my really large library system, but you shouldn't feel bad - this is a travel discussion group and you (both) learned a lot about Cuzco and Incan culture! I was to Peru, Cuzco, and Machu Picchu a few years ago - fabulous trip! I didn't find any lost cities though. Or condors. And I wasn't wild about Lima.

message 33: by Karen (new)

Karen | 588 comments Not to mention it got a 4.29 rating on GR! Who wouldn't think it was a good book?

message 34: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 14230 comments You are right Karen - I did learn something and the book did a good job of describing the area. I just wished it lived up to that rating...lol.