PenPal Readers discussion

Archive [General] > Words Sept - Banned books

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne ✨ (last edited Aug 27, 2018 06:58AM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments A new activity this month, based on reader input: Scavenger Hunt Words! Below are the words for September, related to our theme 'Banned Books' . You can use this thread to track your progress on finding these 25 words in your reading this month.

Guidelines:
- You can read as many or as few books as you like to find all the words on the list. You can claim multiple words from any given book you read during September.
- Find the words within any of the pages, or inside cover, or title, but you must read the book to claim a word from it.
- Set your own goal - choose as many or as few words as your goal for the month, you do not have to aim for all of them. This is YOUR challenge, make it work for you so that it's doable and fun!

Tracking:
- Word, Book, Author, Page Number, Quote/Sentence (if applicable)
EXAMPLE:
19. DAY - The Shepherd's Hut by Tim Winton, Page 241
"No word of a lie, that last day was a hell march."

Words:
1. REASON (ie. Thirteen Reasons Why)
2. SIDES (ie. All sides of the story)
3. DIARY (ie. The absolutely true diary)
4. RIGHT (ie. Stand up for your right! )
5. FREE (ie. Free Your mind)
6. THINK ( ie. Think for youself)
7. PARK (ie. Eleanor & Park)
8. OPINION (ie. Your opinion)
9. POWER (ie. Words have power)
10. SPEAK (ie. I speak for the trees)
11. KNOWLEDGE (ie. Knowledge is power)
12. DANGER (ie. Warning)
13. WORLD (ie. Brave New World)
14. RUN (ie. The Kite runner)
15. FEAR ( ie. Fear not!)
16. BURN (ie. Fahrenheit 451)
17. OPEN ( ie. Open Minded)
18. BETTER (ie. Read and be better)
19. DAY (ie. A book a day)
20. QUIET (ie. Don't Shush Me)
21. HATE (ie. The Hate U Give)
22. JAZZ (ie. I am Jazz)
23. CHOOSE ( ie. Choose to read)
24. VIEW (ie. Different viewpoints)
25. BIRD (ie. To kill a mockingbird)

message 2: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments I'm not sure I understand this.

message 3: by Anne ✨ (last edited Aug 26, 2018 04:59PM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Jazzy wrote: "I'm not sure I understand this."

With scavenger hunts, you look for the word in any of the books you read during the month. The word is in BOLD CAPS above. I added extra reference for how the word relates to Banned Books, sorry if that's confusing, just my nerdiness coming out :)

I added some extra guideline info, hope that helps?

Scavenger words was a requested activity from members, so hoping this will be fun!

message 4: by Jazzy (last edited Aug 27, 2018 03:12AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments How are we to know if the words are found?
Shouldn't everyone add the quotes as well?
(Page numbers differ from book to book).
Or are the words to be found in the titles?

Next to DANGER, QUIET, & BURN you have books without DANGER, QUIET, or BURN in the titles.

Also some of the words aren't exactly like the ones listed

BIRD - Mockingbird?
RUN - Runner?
VIEW - Viewpoint?

Also are the words to come from titles of banned books?

I don't really understand this at all. It's terribly vague.

There are books listed but no authors, no links, and no place to get just the words.

A lot of those words could be found in a single book, so just quotes from the first couple of books we read? What do we do and what is the challenge, exactly?

I like a hard set rules to can follow, and to be able to show how we came to the conclusions.

message 5: by Anne ✨ (last edited Aug 27, 2018 03:22AM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Jazzy wrote: "How are we to know if the words are found?
Will everyone add the quotes as well? Or are the words to be found in the titles?

Next to DANGER, QUIET, & BURN you have books without DANGER, QUIET, or..."

Sorry about that Jazzy....

Here's an example that may help.
You are looking for the word 'BIRD'.
- You might choose to read 'To Kill a Mockingbird' and claim the word from the title.
- You might choose to read 'Dear Mrs. Bird' and claim the word from the title.
- You might choose to read 'H is for Hawk' and claim the word from within its pages wherever the author writes the word bird.

In your tracking you would put:
25. Bird - H is for Hawk - page 345

You don't have to read any specifically banned books for this, I was just giving a reference as an example. And you can find more than one of the words from the same book. So, you might find the words, Burn, Danger, Run, Fear, Burn, Day all in a book like Fire on the Mountain: The True Story of the South Canyon Fire (just as an example), and you'd then record:

12. DANGER - Fire on the Mountain: The True Story of the South Canyon Fire page 135
14. RUN - Fire on the Mountain: The True Story of the South Canyon Fire page 400
15. FEAR - Fire on the Mountain: The True Story of the South Canyon Fire page 82
16. BURN - Fire on the Mountain: The True Story of the South Canyon Fire page 260
19. DAY - Fire on the Mountain: The True Story of the South Canyon Fire page 167

Does this help?

message 6: by Jazzy (last edited Aug 27, 2018 05:57AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments thanks for all that, but page numbers are different in different books though. Surely we should just post the quotes? It would be a whole lot more fun for everyone! :)

Book, author, page number and quote?

I'd really be interested in the sentences everyone found to use the words, but the page numbers won't help me if I don't have the books.

message 7: by Mishika (new)

Mishika (mishikasingh) | 21 comments Anne ✨ wrote: "A new activity this month, based on reader input: Scavenger Hunt Words! Below are the words for September, related to our theme 'Banned Books' . You can use this thread to track your progress on fi..."

This sounds like fun!

message 8: by Jazzy (last edited Sep 02, 2018 02:08AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments ❈ ❂ ❀ ❤ ♫ BANNED BOOKS WORDS SCAVENGER HUNT ♫ ❤ ❀ ❂ ❈
1/September - 30 September
Words: 25/25

1. REASON
Animal Farm / 1984 - George Orwell
Animal Farm - Chapter 2
They did not know when the Rebellion predicted by Major would take place, they had no reason for thinking that it would be within their own lifetime, but they saw clearly that it was their duty to prepare for it.

2. SIDES
Animal Farm - Chapter 1
There were only four dissentients, the three dogs and the cat, who was afterwards discovered to have voted on both sides.

3. DIARY
1984 - Chapter One
The thing that he was about to do was to open a diary.

4. RIGHT
Animal Farm - Chapter 1
They were so delighted with the song that they sang it right through five times in succession, and might have continued singing it all night if they had not been interrupted.

5. FREE
Animal Farm - Chapter 1
No animal in England is free.

6. THINK
Animal Farm - Chapter 1
I do not think, comrades, that I shall be with you for many months longer, and before I die, I feel it my duty to pass on to you such wisdom as I have acquired.

7. PARK
1984 - Chapter One
Some Eurasian prisoners, guilty of war crimes, were to be hanged in the Park that evening, Winston remembered.

8. OPINION
Animal Farm - Chapter 3
About the Rebellion and its results he would express no opinion.

9. POWER
Animal Farm - Chapter 1
You, Boxer, the very day that those great muscles of yours lose their power, Jones will sell you to the knacker, who will cut your throat and boil you down for the foxhounds.

10. SPEAK
Animal Farm - Chapter 2
They tiptoed from room to room, afraid to speak above a whisper and gazing with a kind of awe at the unbelievable luxury, at the beds with their feather mattresses, the looking-glasses, the horsehair sofa, the Brussels carpet, the lithograph of Queen Victoria over the drawing-room mantelpiece.

11. KNOWLEDGE
Animal Farm - Chapter 3
With their superior knowledge it was natural that they should assume the leadership.

12. DANGER
Animal Farm - Chapter 8
They saw that they were in danger of being surrounded.

13. WORLD
Animal Farm - Chapter 2
When Mr. Jones got back he immediately went to sleep on the drawing-room sofa with the News of the World over his face, so that when evening came, the animals were still unfed.

14. RUN
Animal Farm - Chapter 1
He does not give milk, he does not lay eggs, he is too weak to pull the plough, he cannot run fast enough to catch rabbits.

15. FEAR
Animal Farm - Chapter 2
After a moment, however, Snowball and Napoleon butted the door open with their shoulders and the animals entered in single file, walking with the utmost care for fear of disturbing anything.

16. BURN
1984 - Chapter 3
We burn all evil and all illusion out of him; we bring him over to our side, not in appearance, but genuinely, heart and soul.

17. OPEN
Animal Farm - Chapter 2
The harness-room at the end of the stables was broken open; the bits, the nose-rings, the dog-chains, the cruel knives with which Mr. Jones had been used to castrate the pigs and lambs, were all flung down the well.

18. BETTER
Animal Farm - Chapter 1
Even the horses and the dogs have no better fate.

19. DAY
Animal Farm - Chapter 1
Word had gone round during the day that old Major, the prize Middle White boar, had had a strange dream on the previous night and wished to communicate it to the other animals.

20. QUIET
Animal Farm - Chapter 6
It was absolutely necessary, he said, that the pigs, who were the brains of the farm, should have a quiet place to work in.

21. HATE
Animal Farm - Chapter 6
The human beings did not hate Animal Farm any less now that it was prospering; indeed, they hated it more than ever.

22. JAZZ
Tigers in Red Weather - Liza Klaussmann
page 28
Next to her, sitting in the rented chintz-covered chair, was this man giving her a smile full of cathouse jazz and motel rooms.

23. CHOOSE
1984 - Chapter Two
He did not know why the Thought Police should choose to deliver their messages in such a fashion, but perhaps they had their reasons.

24. VIEW
Animal Farm - Chapter 2
A little way down the pasture there was a knoll that commanded a view of most of the farm.

25. BIRD
Animal Farm - Chapter 8
There were songs, speeches, and more firing of the gun, and a special gift of an apple was bestowed on every animal, with two ounces of corn for each bird and three biscuits for each dog.

Animal Farm / 1984 by George Orwell Tigers in Red Weather by Liza Klaussmann

message 9: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Jazzy wrote: "thanks for all that, but page numbers are different in different books though. Surely we should just post the quotes? It would be a whole lot more fun for everyone! :)

Book, author, page number an..."

Sure, I'll update to adding the quote where it is possible.

message 10: by Jazzy (last edited Aug 27, 2018 08:24AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Anne ✨ ..."
Thank you I'm looking for banned books that I haven't read recently!

PS I will read Animal Farm by George Orwell, I know almost all those words are in it, so should probably have to find only one other book.

message 11: by Tiina (last edited Sep 09, 2018 09:20AM) (new)

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments This looks like fun. Hopefully I'll have time for this.

❈ ❂ ❀ ❤ ♫ BANNED BOOKS WORDS SCAVENGER HUNT ♫ ❤ ❀ ❂ ❈
Words: 0/25

1. REASON Ubik - Philip K. Dick at page 192
There's no reason for all this reversion machinery, this sinking us into a retrograde time momentum back here to 1939.
2. SIDES - Talvesepp - Terry Pratchett at 75.1%
"Read a book to the very end to save your big wee hag?"
"Oh, aye." Rob stopped. He looked cornered. He licked his lips. "How many o' them pagey things would that be?" he said hoarsely.
"Hundreds," said Granny.
"Wi' wurds on both sides?"
"Yes, indeed. In quite small writing!"

3. DIARY - Talvesepp - Terry Pratchett - at 16.4%
'We ne'er tell a soul what's in your diary, after all,' said Daft Wullie. 'Not e'en the bits wi' the flowers ye draw aroound them.'
4. RIGHT Talvesepp - Terry Pratchett at 5.2%
It meant thinking that right and wrong were negotiable.
5. FREE Talvesepp - Terry Pratchett at 31.2%
Witches are very keen on pickles, as a rule, but the food they like best is free food.
6. THINK Talvesepp - Terry Pratchett at 27.1%
Some people think that 'coven' is a word for a group of witches, and it's true that's what the dictionary says. But the real word for a group of witches is 'an argument'.
7. PARK
8. OPINION Talvesepp - Terry Pratchett at 92.8%
"Whoever writted that book didnae stretch himself, in ma opinion."
9. POWER Ubik - Philip K. Dick at page 185
Going by the hardness of the surface against which he rested, he crept snail-like from step to step, feeling a kind of skill develop in him, an ability to tell exactly how to exert himself, how to use his nearly bankrupt power.
10.SPEAK Alkeemik - Paulo Coelho at 66.6%
During the third year, the omens will continue to speak of your treasure and your Personal Legend.
11. KNOWLEDGE Alkeemik - Paulo Coelho at 36.9%
Who knows, maybe they had failed to discover the secret of the Master Work - the Philosopher's Stone - and for this reason kept their knowledge to themselves.
12. DANGER Ubik - Philip K. Dick at page 169
You are in much greater danger than I thought.
13. WORLD Talvesepp - Terry Pratchett at 10.7%
The dancers froze, but the world spun.
14. RUN Alkeemik - Paulo Coelho at 74.2%
"Does that mean that Ill never run into danger?"
15. FEAR Talvesepp - Terry Pratchett at 75.1%
"The first thing a hero must conquer is his fear, and when it comes to fightin', the Nac Mac Feegles don't know the meanin' of the word."
16. BURN Daughter of the Pirate King - Tricia Levenseller at 48.7%
I don't care. I burn a spot on my tongue as I take a few gulps of the soup.
17. OPEN Ubik - Philip K. Dick at page 181
I think it's one of those old open iron cages. Do they scare you?
18. BETTER Ubik - Philip K. Dick at page 189
Feel better? It should work on you right away;
19. DAYTalvesepp - Terry Pratchett at 69.7%
There weren't enough hours in the day and the night put together.
20. QUIET Talvesepp - Terry Pratchett at 91.8%
It wasn't like this last autumn, she thought. It was dark and quiet and solemn and hidden, everything that this isn't.
21. HATE Alkeemik - Paulo Coelho at 25.1%
I'm going to hate those who have found their treasure because I never found mine
22. JAZZ
23. CHOOSE Talvesepp - Terry Pratchett at 88.5%
Where this takes me, there I choose to go, she told herself, letting the warmth pour into her.
24. VIEW Alkeemik - Paulo Coelho at 57.4%
It hid the moon from view.
25. BIRD Talvesepp - Terry Pratchett at 84.1%
When it flashed again, it looked like a bird, a tall bird like a heron.

message 12: by Mishika (new)

Mishika (mishikasingh) | 21 comments Chloe wrote: "(EDIT - oops I accidentally started this early, does it count???)

Let's give this a go then!

Words: 4/25

1. REASON
2. SIDES
3. DIARY
4. RIGHT
5. FREE
6. THINK - [book:The Smell of Other People's..."

Does it? :p

message 13: by Jazzy (last edited Aug 29, 2018 06:59AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Mishika wrote: "Chloe wrote: "(EDIT - oops I accidentally started this early, does it count???)

NO!!! You're supposed to wait until Saturday the first of September!!
You'll have to start over with a new book then!
:)

Just take those off and put them on our summer challenge.

message 14: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Mion wrote: "This looks like fun. Hopefully I'll have time for this.

1. REASON
2. SIDES
3. DIARY
4. RIGHT
5. FREE
6..."

If you keep a list of the words as you're reading i'm sure you can find most of them in one book.

message 15: by Tiina (new)

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments Jazzy wrote: "Mion wrote: "This looks like fun. Hopefully I'll have time for this.

1. REASON
2. SIDES
3. DIARY
4. RI..."

You're probably right about that! And the search function in some ebook apps is really helpful too, if I don't happen to have the list on me. In any case, it will be fun!

message 16: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments I'm just worried it will be far too easy for us!

message 17: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Reads Books (chloee_matthews) I've deleted all my comments ;) I'll be starting again on the 1st of September!

message 18: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Chloe wrote: "I've deleted all my comments ;) I'll be starting again on the 1st of September!"

My stack of paperbacks is trembling on the shelf!

message 19: by Jazzy (last edited Sep 02, 2018 02:15AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Well, that was incredibly simple and short. Done in a couple of hours.

message 20: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Reads Books (chloee_matthews) So I've just finished my first book of September - Out of the Depths. I found these words in it:
DIARY - page 87, "And by the time I closed my diary, I felt so much better."
RIGHT - page 36, "This wasn't a mistake. She was looking right at me."
THINK - page 2, "And I began to think... what if she hadn't died at all?"
RUN - page 8, "had been run by a religious order of monks."
FEAR - page 185, "With fear. No, more than fear."
OPEN - page 28, "what they call an open and shut case."
BETTER - page 87, "And by the time I closed my diary, I felt so much better."
DAY - page 64, "And so one dark February day followed another."
JAZZ - page 19, "Jazz? That's nice."
9 words down, 16 words left to find in my next book!

message 21: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Awesome Jazzy and Chloe --

It's amazing to me to see just how many words can be found within the same book!

message 22: by Jazzy (last edited Sep 03, 2018 03:50PM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments yeah that's why i said are you SURE we should be allowed to find more than one word in a book? It's over and done as soon as it began :)

message 23: by Anne ✨ (last edited Sep 03, 2018 05:47PM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Jazzy wrote: "yeah that's why i said are you SURE we should be allowed to find more than one word in a book? It's over and done as soon as it began :)"

Ha, yes, I see that now... well, I guess we might need to adjust that for next month.. and maybe say maximum 5 words per book? That way a minimum of 5 books need to be read to find them all? Yes, no , maybe?

message 24: by Neo (new)

Neo (neosideralis) Anne ✨ wrote: "Jazzy wrote: "yeah that's why i said are you SURE we should be allowed to find more than one word in a book? It's over and done as soon as it began :)"

Ha, yes, I see that now... well, I guess we ..."

I think that would work a lot better, since you can practically find every word in one book (2 at most).

message 25: by Jazzy (last edited Sep 04, 2018 05:15AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Anne ✨ wrote: "Jazzy wrote: "yeah that's why i said are you SURE we should be allowed to find more than one word in a book? It's over and done as soon as it began :)"

Ha, yes, I see that now... well, I guess we ..."

I'd say one per book really. And see how many we can find. OR that we have to find them in the titles.

message 26: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Thanks for inpu Femke and Jazzy! I’ll revise for next month, we will try 26 words, max 2 words per book = 13 book challenge .. and then following month we can try a words in the title challenge , that’s a fun idea too :) And I will search around for other scavenger hunt ideas to keep it fun and different each month!

message 27: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Reads Books (chloee_matthews) So I've just finished Sleeping Giants and I managed to find another 8 words from it. These were:
REASON - page 194, "I sent you there for the same reason."
SIDES - page 166, "Both sides know the other doesn't want a fight."
PARK - page 260, "Location: La Fontaine Park, Montreal, Canada."
POWER - page 98, "It might also have the power to kill millions."
SPEAK - page 201, "she looks like she's about to speak."
WORLD - page 65, "I'd get bored to death unless someone started World War III."
HATE - page 270, "They do not know you well enough to hate you."
BIRD - page 29, "He thought that was quite a coincidence we ended up on the same bird."

So that's only 8 words left, one of which I've found in my Driving Theory book but I haven't finished that yet!

message 28: by Jazzy (last edited Sep 06, 2018 02:46AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Anne ✨ wrote: "Thanks for inpu Femke and Jazzy! I’ll revise for next month, we will try 26 words, max 2 words per book = 13 book challenge .. and then following month we can try a words in the title challenge , t..."

I still think 25 words with ONE word per book would be good. No one would expect to get them all unless they read voraciously and we could see how many of them we could find

And if we all have a post which we edit so people can see our progress instead of making new posts that would be best

It would have probably been a good idea to say ONE word per book, and let the scavenger words go on for the 3 months of the season, with perhaps a point per word for the spreadsheet.

Also i think we should have a minimum page number set for our books, like 125 or something.

message 29: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Reads Books (chloee_matthews) Oh sorry I didn't realise multiple posts would be a problem. I've only got 8 more words left so I'll post some once more when they're done.

message 30: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Great input on how to improve this activity! Happy to keep adjusting to get it right! OK, new plan is we'll post one scavenger hunt activity that will run October - December, and criteria will be of finding 1 word per book. :) Stay tuned for new list of words....

message 31: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Chloe wrote: "Oh sorry I didn't realise multiple posts would be a problem. I've only got 8 more words left so I'll post some once more when they're done."

Did you know you can edit your original post without having to make a lot of little posts?

message 32: by Jazzy (last edited Sep 06, 2018 07:20AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Anne ✨ wrote: "Great input on how to improve this activity! Happy to keep adjusting to get it right! OK, new plan is we'll post one scavenger hunt activity that will run October - December, and criteria will be o..."

It might be even more fun to find the words in the titles! A bit harder, but not much really :)

message 33: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Reads Books (chloee_matthews) Jazzy wrote: "Chloe wrote: "Oh sorry I didn't realise multiple posts would be a problem. I've only got 8 more words left so I'll post some once more when they're done."

Did you know you can edit your original p..."

Yes I knew that. With things like this I like to show my progress as I complete more challenges, hence making another post. I guess everyone's mind works differently so there can't be a right or wrong way.

message 34: by Anne ✨ (last edited Sep 09, 2018 09:34AM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Yes, definitely no right or wrong for sure --- Please feel free to post as much or as little as each person likes! It's nice to see tracking all in one post, if feasible, but it's also equally nice to get ongoing update messages of how it's going for you! We've got such a fantastic group of active participants, and it's been great to get to know each person better through their posts, comments, books read etc :) :) :)

message 35: by Tiina (new)

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments I'm two words from finishing this! Park and Jazz, here I come!

message 36: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Reads Books (chloee_matthews) Mion wrote: "I'm two words from finishing this! Park and Jazz, here I come!"

I'm also two words away - opinion and knowledge!

message 37: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Reads Books (chloee_matthews) This is actually really hard to finish! I've read another book and when I started it I only had 2 words left... I've finished the book and out of the nearly 400 pages, none of them had the words "opinion" or "knowledge"!!!

message 38: by Jazzy (last edited Sep 13, 2018 12:46PM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Animal farm will sort you right out!

message 39: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Reads Books (chloee_matthews) So I finally finished this challenge on the last day of the month! This is where I found the final words:
OPINION - Grey, E.L James, page 281, "May I humbly suggest you seek a second opinion?"
KNOWLEDGE - Grey, E.L James, page 73, "Like Eve, you're so quick to eat from the tree of knowledge."
DANGER - Milk and Honey, Rupi Kaur, page 16, "love made the danger in you look like safety"
BURN - Milk and Honey, Rupi Kaur, page 16, "when i am angry i don't yell i burn"
QUIET - Milk and Honey, Rupi Kaur, page 7, "You tell me to quiet down cause my opinions make me less beautiful."
CHOOSE - Milk and Honey, Rupi Kaur, page 7, "You tell me to quiet down cause my opinions make me less beautiful."
VIEW - AA Theory Test for Car Drivers, page 80, "blocks the view for pedestrians wishing to cross the road."
Definitely excited to do the next month's scavenger hunt!

message 40: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Yay Chloe! What a great idea to think of poetry for some of the words!! You've reminded me I have Milk and Honey on my bookshelf and haven't read it yet!!

message 41: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Reads Books (chloee_matthews) Anne ✨ wrote: "Yay Chloe! What a great idea to think of poetry for some of the words!! You've reminded me I have Milk and Honey on my bookshelf and haven't read it yet!!"

I actually gave Milk and Honey 1 out of 5 stars, I don't think poetry is for me! I'm taking part in a read-a-thon in October and one of the challenges is to read poetry so I've picked up a children's poetry book in the hope I'll enjoy it more!!