The Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge discussion

Eat, Pray, Love
This topic is about Eat, Pray, Love
Book Discussions > Eat Pray Love

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L (new) - rated it 4 stars

L (lauraactually) | 236 comments Mod
The September 2018 group read is Eat Pray Love! Meret will be leading the discussion, so please look out below for her posts. Comment if you plan to join in! Maybe we can watch the movie on this one too :)

message 2: by The Annotated (new)

The Annotated | 25 comments Hey Guys:)I am very much looking forward to reading this one. It is a autobiographical novel a genre I love very much. Are you looking forward to reading it?What do you expect?Have you seen the movie?

A Ms.Bennet (emmax1f9dax1f3fb) I've already read this book and watched the movie and let me tell you , you guys are in for a treat :D so enjoy!

message 4: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie Johnson | 323 comments Mod
I read the book a while back ago. I had zero desire to watch the movie because I hated the book.

Rebecca (becstokes) | 38 comments Stephanie wrote: "I read the book a while back ago. I had zero desire to watch the movie because I hated the book."

I'm with Stephanie! I hated this book. Thank God, I've already read this one!

Kendy (greensweatherweather) | 13 comments I will start reading this the second half of september. I saw the movie and thought it was okayish. The book sounds like something i could really enjoy but i heard a lot of mixed reviews. So kinda worried it wil be disappointing. :)

message 7: by jb (new) - rated it 2 stars

jb Byrkit (jbbyrkit) | 59 comments I’ve read the book, and I’ve seen the movie. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks. I fall into the did not like very much category; although, some parts were good too.

message 8: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (miniguinea73) | 0 comments I tried reading this before and couldn’t get into it. I think I may try listening instead.

Giorgia (giorgialabatut) | 2 comments I’ve already read this book and watched the movie and I really loved both! I think it's a very interesting book for those who enjoy travel and spirituality. I hope you enjoy the book and are inspired by it. Attraversiamo. :)

message 10: by The Annotated (new)

The Annotated | 25 comments Hey Guys...Same for me I haven't read it yet but heard mixed things about it. I read The Signature of All Things and thought it was absolutely beautiful. My friend who read both said she preferred TSOAT. The prose is beautiful and the character building is very intriguing. A character study of a very strong independent female scientist...

Celine | 9 comments I read the signature of all things a few years ago and loved it. I could not put it down.

message 12: by The Annotated (new)

The Annotated | 25 comments So have any of you started yet?First impressions?

message 13: by The Annotated (new)

The Annotated | 25 comments Are any of you reading the book?

Celine | 9 comments I am about half way through. I enjoy reading it but i am not loving it. I would compare it to listening to other people's conversations in the bus. It is entertaining, i might learn a thing or two (I made a few notes of places to visit in Italy), but i still get off at my stop and get on with my life, i don't feel like i have to listen to the whole conversation...

message 15: by jb (new) - rated it 2 stars

jb Byrkit (jbbyrkit) | 59 comments Good analogy Celine. I read the book some time ago, and you’re spot on with it. I just felt like the author was somewhat whiny in this book. But she gave some interesting points of view and ideas.

Chelsea Harjo | 8 comments Yes I totally agree! I listened to this one on audio because I didn’t have a total interest in it, but still wanted to check it off the list. There were parts I really enjoyed and was captivated by and there were others that I was just like “get on with it already.” I think the bus conversation is a good analogy.

message 17: by The Annotated (new)

The Annotated | 25 comments I am listening to it as well and I have to agree with you guys.I am very much disappointed... considering this book was compared to Wild!Wild was a life changing read and it helped me answer so many questions but EPL is nothing like it.

Celine | 9 comments I finished the book this morning! I read a short biography of the author on Wikipedia and i was sad to read that her relationship with "Felipe" stopped 8 years later.