Challenge Corner discussion

The Smoke Thieves (The Smoke Thieves, #1)
This topic is about The Smoke Thieves
Let's Buddy! - Fantasy/Para > The Smoke Thieves by Sally Green -> Starting September 8th, 2018

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - added it

Alaina (ameserole) | 63670 comments Mod
A princess, a traitor, a hunter and a thief. Four teenagers with the fate of the world in their hands. Four nations destined for conflict.

In Brigant, Princess Catherine prepares for a loveless political marriage arranged by her brutal and ambitious father. In Calidor, downtrodden servant March seeks revenge on the prince who betrayed his people. In Pitoria, feckless Edyon steals cheap baubles for cheaper thrills as he drifts from town to town. And in the barren northern territories, thirteen-year-old Tash is running for her life as she plays bait for the gruff demon hunter Gravell.

As alliances shift and shatter, and old certainties are overturned, our four heroes find their past lives transformed and their futures inextricably linked by the unpredictable tides of magic and war. Who will rise and who will fall? And who will claim the ultimate prize

message 2: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer | 3006 comments Mod
Starting this one today.

message 3: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

23%
- March - (view spoiler)
- Catherine - (view spoiler)
Ambrose - (view spoiler)

50%
- Tash - (view spoiler)
Edyon - (view spoiler)
Catherine - (view spoiler)

75%
Ambrose - (view spoiler)
March - (view spoiler)

Finished -
Tash - (view spoiler)
Ambrose - (view spoiler)
March - (view spoiler)
Edyon - (view spoiler)

Decent first book. The GOT style POV's kept things interesting - when things got slow with one character, the action seemed to heat up with the others and balanced things out. I liked it.

Have you read the author's other series? Half Bad (The Half Bad Trilogy, #1) by Sally Green

message 4: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - added it

Wow you flew through this! I’m so jelly! I’m diving into this tomorrow and no I haven’t read anything else by this author! Do you want to??

message 5: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

I wouldn't mind reading her other series, but not until next month or later.

message 6: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - added it

Jennifer wrote: "I wouldn't mind reading her other series, but not until next month or later."

Okay, we can do that :) I'm starting this book after I finish Girl Made of Stars