What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA i think, fantasy (??), probably late 90s, man remembers parts of his childhood after revisiting this mystical pond

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John | 2 comments so what i remember about the book is this man driving up this hill or something going towards this house that he clearly remembers and near it there’s this pool of water which could have healing benefits i’m not sure. there were these three women that lived within the house and it’s possible that they were witches. he stays with them after he hurts himself i think and weird things happen. these women were separated in age, one that was older and more motherly, one that was younger than the first but older than the boy, and the last that i believe was similar to the boys age. towards the end of the book i think they helped him defeat some random power in a cornfield.

sorry if this isn’t helpful, this book had just been gnawing at my mind for ages

message 2: by John (new)

John | 2 comments i read this in the last 2/3 years i’m not sure if that helps but yeah

message 3: by Kimberlyn (new)

Kimberlyn (abookmazedhead) | 35 comments This sounds at lot like The ocean at the end of the lane by Neil Gaiman. Except that that book was published in 2013 not the 90's....

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
It does sound a lot like The Ocean at the End of the Lane. Is this your book? Please let us know if it is or isn't. .... We crave closure!

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40558 comments Mod
John, are you still looking for this or did you find it?