Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Complete Epic Fantasy; 120k words

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicity (new)

Felicity Partington | 2 comments Hi there! I have a recently complete fantasy novel that I’d love feedback on! Any and all kinds of expertise/opinions are welcome. I need to cut about 15/20% of it ideally, and would love opinions on what aspects of the subplots work, and which parts are slow and can be cut. I’d also like feedback on character development - pretty much anything you want to give feedback on and as honest and brutal as possible!

It’s Epic Fantasy meets historical fiction. Character driven as opposed to quest-driven and mostly takes place surrounding the lives and relationships of three characters. A wizard prince who is desperately trying to keep his throne, his will-bound sorceress who is selfishly trying to keep her prince, and a precognizant nun kept at court against her will, a powerful pawn who just wants to go home. Mixed in with dragons, imminent war, magic, political deceptions and intrigue.

If you’re interested, please let me know!

Thank you for reading!!

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela Korchevskaya | 4 comments Sounds good. Would love to critique.

message 3: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Redwine | 27 comments This sounds interesting! I'd love to see a couple chapters to see if I'd be a good fit. Would you be willing to swap books with someone? I have a 100K dark fantasy I need beta readers for. If you don't, I'd still like to read yours!

message 4: by Felicity (new)

Felicity Partington | 2 comments Thank you both! I’m still trying to work out this Goodreads thing and can’t actually figure out how to private message (my internet is down and my phone evidentially doesn’t like goodreads 😳).

If you could send me an email at Faey.bonne@gmail.com I’d be genuinely grateful!