What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Sorcerers of the Nightwing (The Ravenscliff, #1)
This topic is about Sorcerers of the Nightwing
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young Adult book about two boys moving into a haunted mansion. while exploring the mansion, one boy comes to a room with a TV. The TV turns on and a scary looking person starts talking to him. Spoilers in the comments.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chaos (new) - added it

Chaos | 10 comments I read this book when I was still in high school so around 2007-2008. I don't remember when the book was actually published, but the way it read seemed like it was around late 90's early 2000s. I think the author was male and I don't remember who it was.

I think the book was supposed to be part of a series, but my library didn't have the rest, and I don't remember finding out more about it. The cover was black, it had a picture of the mansion on it surrounded by trees. I think there were red and white circus tent stripes somewhere on it. I believe it has something to do with a Raven, but that could just be my search for it corrupting my memory.

PLOT: It had two boys moving into this mansion with their aunt or something. one of the boys discovers a TV room while exploring, every night he goes into that room and the TV is on, and someone is talking to him. I don't remember exactly what he talks about, but he turns out to be some sort of demon that needs children to live. the boy gets kidnapped by this man, and his brother has to search the house to find him.

When searching for it, I thought it might have been The Hunting Ground by Cliff Mcnish since it has some premises that are similar, but after further investigation, I don't think that was it.

message 2: by Chaos (new) - added it

Chaos | 10 comments Okay so literally 10 minutes after posting this, I found the book. Apparently it was already on my to be read shelf. It's called Sorcerers of the Nightwing, the first book in the Ravenscliff series.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...