World, Writing, Wealth discussion

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 16034 comments They have this feature on GR, where you can see the most recent reviews added onto here. Didn't count, of course, but my estimation is that about 60% of books recently reviewed at any given time are romances, maybe half of which (judging only from a glimpse at the cover) are about alpha males. It's a known fact that women read more than men, so the dominance of romance is not surprising.
What are alpha males? Apparently either some 'bad boy' desirably with a heavy bike or from the military or a slick young billionaire -:)
Yeah, I know some women get offended, when noticed or mentioned by their look, but I guess it doesn't interfere with the longing for an alpha -:)
Can a computer programmer be an alpha, or even a book nerd? I kinda doubt it (again judging solely by the covers). But who am I to judge? What do YOU think?
And who would be alpha - females? A 'trophy wife' maybe?

message 2: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 6151 comments Some alpha males over 60 seem to be experiencing a decline while at the top of their game because of past abuse of power with females. Most women coming forward with accusations can't prosecute because of the statute of limitations, yet men are losing their jobs because of accusations. What do you think about this?