What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA fantasy fiction that I read in 2010-2016 takes place in some kind of dystopian land that has a mysterious fog on one side of it. No one dares to go through the fog; shapeshifter.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hafsa (new)

Hafsa | 2 comments I read a book a few years back that I would really like to track down, but I don’t remember much besides part of the plot :(
It’s a youth novel, fantasy fiction, and may or may not have been part of the White Pine list. All I remember is that it takes place in some kind of dystopian land that has a mysterious fog on one side of it. No one dares to go through the fog, and I think it might even have had creatures living in it. One day, the main character along with a few others decide to go through the fog. I don’t remember if they were forced to go through to escape/fix something, or if they just wanted to see if there was a better world on the other side. Some of the characters died in that fog, but a few made it out and journeyed around the unknown land. I believe they were trying to find something. One of the characters also bumps into a creature that can shapeshift and is pretending to be the dead/lost relative of another one of the characters...this shapeshifter offers their place for them to rest at and tries to trick them. I think the main character may have even made it back across the fog to their home and given some kind of warning or information about what’s on the other side...I know it’s all very vague but I hope someone is able to recognize it?? I really hope I’m not mixing up the plots of two different books...

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Hafsa, while I don't know your book, I do remember reading a blurb about the fog portion of your description. Unfortunately I didn't get the book (or if I did, it's sitting in my TBR mountain range unread as of yet.) I just though I'd offer you a little encouragement so that you'd keep on looking for it.

message 3: by Hafsa (last edited Aug 28, 2018 04:56PM) (new)

Hafsa | 2 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Hafsa, while I don't know your book, I do remember reading a blurb about the fog portion of your description. Unfortunately I didn't get the book (or if I did, it's sitting in my TBR mountain range..."

Thanks for the encouragement

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40655 comments Mod
Hafsa, as you saw in the popup box when you posted your comment, please put some plot details in your header. This makes your query a lot easier to solve.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

message 6: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2425 comments Still looking?

message 7: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1429 comments Dragonlands? I didn’t finish it, but sounds similar.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...