What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Irresistible (Bloodlust)
This topic is about Irresistible
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA, dark, perfume love potion kills teens. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karlin Wolfe | 6 comments I was reading this book 15-17 years ago. The binding was dark/black. I think the lettering wss raised and metalic red. It followed a group of teens trying to figure out why other teens were dying.

Spoilers here, summation of the first chapter

It opens with two teens in a car at night making out. I think the girl "stole" the guy from another girl as she attributed the attention from him to her new perfume. The perfume, when put on warms or burns the skin slightly and he smells it and "falls in love". Unsure about how the next part comes about, but it get spilled on the both of them, in their infatuated hyperdrive of making out they start biting eachother and then all out devouring themselves without them cognitively understanding or stopping.

message 2: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5232 comments It’s not The Perfume, is it?

Karlin Wolfe | 6 comments Nope. I think the writer's name is Michael something...with a B, dont base selections on that though - I'm notorious for getting these things wrong.
The binding is very plain and the title stands out. I can't remember if the same book also contained the following (definately the same author though) spoilers:

There is a skin lotion that caused the flesh to mold, like literally rot. Not sure if it happened when people stopped using it or if they over used it.

Karlin Wolfe | 6 comments Additional spoiler.

At the end of the book the girl who was behind it all was shuttered away in her house with her mother. It was dark and described as really humid. Both her and her mother seemed to have jumped off the deep end and would just talk about being pretty and the things they had to do to stay so beautiful. Meanwhile their faces are rotting away and the girl has pretty much murdered half her friends.

message 5: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4323 comments Someone might be searching for the same book here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Karlin Wolfe | 6 comments YES! thank you! Michael Bates. you are a treasure.