Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

The Bands of Mourning (Mistborn, #6)
This topic is about The Bands of Mourning
Sanderson - All the Things > Bands of Mourning [Mar 10, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Angela | 3603 comments Mod
Buddy read starts 10th of March.

jess (nu6586) | 1723 comments In as long I as get the book in time. Says I have many weeks still!

message 3: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Prologue (view spoiler)

jess (nu6586) | 1723 comments Still waiting for my copy at the library...

message 5: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I hope it arrives soon for you Jess, I'm really liking this one so far. Not as much as I did the last book yet but hopefully it'll be just as good.

jess (nu6586) | 1723 comments I just got my copy so I should be starting it later today!

jess (nu6586) | 1723 comments Are you still reading Charlie? Im still in the Prologue!

message 8: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I'm still reading! As usual I'm reading multiple things at once so I'm just taking it slow :).

What did you think of the prologue?

message 9: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Chapter 9 complete (view spoiler)

message 10: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Up to chapter 12 (view spoiler)

message 11: by jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1723 comments Imve been stuck in ch1 sice ive been in hospital. Plus my evook just got returned today so i dont know when ill get back to this, may be a few wks

message 12: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I hope you're doing okay Jess!

message 13: by jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1723 comments Hey Charlie! Im back to reading this!

Interested to see why this VenDell wants. I always think this kind of character has his own agenda...after all the good-turned bad people we’ve met during Mistborn.

message 14: by jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1723 comments On Ch 9

(view spoiler)

message 15: by jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1723 comments Post Ch 19
(view spoiler)

message 16: by jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1723 comments Charlie wrote: "Up to chapter 12 The poor innkeeper is going to have a heart attack. Wax and his entourage aren't exactly inconspicuous but I think Steris' list threw her over the edge.

I'm starting to really l..."

I also really like Steris! She thinks of everything! Speaks to my type-A personality!

message 17: by jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1723 comments Post ch 26 (tryin to finish tonight!)

Wow(view spoiler)

message 18: by jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1723 comments Finished!
(view spoiler)

message 19: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Jess wrote: "On Ch 9

[spoilers removed]"

I thought this was odd too!

message 20: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I'm still reading, in a bit of a slump at the moment but I'll read your spoilers when I catch up :)

message 21: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Up to chapter 14 (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7858 comments Charlie wrote: "Up to chapter 14

(view spoiler)

message 23: by jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1723 comments Love Steris!!! Love her wacky weirdness.

I was really surprised by Wayne’s manipulation of Wax’ wedding. But other than that, I think Wayne is flawless!!!

message 24: by Charlie (last edited Apr 18, 2019 01:26AM) (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I never thought I'd like Steris but she really is growing on me! I'm rooting for her now.

I was surprised by that too, I was a little disappointment in Wayne. He's still excellent, but that did lower my opinion of hi a little. I think he's just scared of losing Wax.

message 25: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments finished part 2/ chapter 16 (view spoiler)

message 26: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Page 261!!!! OMG! The cube (view spoiler)

Chris  (haughtc) | 1769 comments I fell off this train but plan to get to Bands before too long. I was slow in reading Shadows so once I got done there I went back to Mark Lawrence. Once I am done with Holy Sister I plan on listening to Bands.

If I had lined it up as a print read, it would have been much much worse ;)

message 28: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I hope you enjoy it Chris, it's so fun!

message 29: by jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1723 comments Charlie wrote: "Page 261!!!! OMG! The cube [spoilers removed]"

Just wait......!!!

message 30: by Andrew (last edited Apr 28, 2019 09:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andrew (andrew619) | 38 comments I'm very late, but I'm reading this book with great expectations. I finished Ch24 and it's awsome! I loved all these characters and the way they are grown in throughout story.
Sometimes I am confused by Wayne's behavior, (view spoiler), but I love the different misteries and plot I found.

One thing surprised me: in the chapter 17, when the team is on the coach and Marasi is studying the cube, at some point Steris speaks about it as "a kind of eldritch device". Why 'eldritch device'?
It's a reference about another series in the Cosmere?

Andrew (andrew619) | 38 comments Jess wrote: "Love Steris!!! Love her wacky weirdness.

I was really surprised by Wayne’s manipulation of Wax’ wedding. But other than that, I think Wayne is flawless!!!"

I agree, Jess! The way Sanderson describes Wayne is strange, sometimes smart, other selfish or brilliant, when he pretends to be someone else. The dialogues between he and Wax are so funny, for example in the chapter 17, when (view spoiler)

message 32: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments @Andrew I think eldritch means something magic/ otherworldly. I'm not sure I'd it has any specific significance in the Cosmere though.

message 33: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Just finished chapter 20!

Jess wrote: "Post Ch 19
So now we have"

(view spoiler)

message 34: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Chapter 21

(view spoiler)

Andrew (andrew619) | 38 comments Charlie wrote: "Chapter 21

[spoilers removed]"

This a wonderful a turning point in the story and bring in many possibilities and questions. (view spoiler)

message 36: by jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1723 comments I guess Id be told or always thought this was a self contained trilogy so it was both surprising and amazing to find the #4 is being written!

Andrew (andrew619) | 38 comments Jess wrote: "I guess Id be told or always thought this was a self contained trilogy so it was both surprising and amazing to find the #4 is being written!"

I always thought it was a trilogy, till now, when I finished the book and I found a postscript, dated 2016, about the fourth book "The Lost Metal". Unfortunately the page of this book here, report a worrying note:

It was estimated to be released in Fall 2019, although due to the Skyward series, it is more likely to be released sometime in 2020 or 2021.

We need to wait. :(

message 38: by jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1723 comments Which is weird, because Sanderson is usually pretty consistant. But, when ideas strike, you gotta go with them...

I havent read Skyward and probably won’t for awhile.

message 39: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I kind of wish it was a trilogy on one hand, to wrap up the story. But then again, more Mistborn is always a win.

message 40: by Andrew (last edited Apr 30, 2019 09:26AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andrew (andrew619) | 38 comments Charlie wrote: "I kind of wish it was a trilogy on one hand, to wrap up the story. But then again, more Mistborn is always a win."

Maybe the third book were so full of contents He has divided it in two parts. Better for us, even if we have to await a little!