The Evolution of Science Fiction discussion

Archive: Best Reads of the Year > Best Book Reads in 2018

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marc-André (new)

Marc-André | 298 comments So far, 2018 as been a thin year. The best sci-fi novels I read this year are:

Seven Surrenders by Ada Palmer.

A Fire Upon the Deep by Vernor Vinge.

message 3: by Marc-André (new)

Marc-André | 298 comments Randy wrote: "I've read some really good SF this year. Favorites include"

How is the Ghost Brigade? I'm curious to read it. I liked Scalzi's Old Man's War, but it wasn't breath taking and from the reviews I read it is downhill for the reast of his novels.

message 4: by Oleksandr (new)

Oleksandr Zholud | 975 comments Marc-André wrote: "How is the Ghost Brigade? I'm curious to read it. I liked Scalzi's Old Man's War, but it wasn't breath taking and from the reviews I read it is downhill for the reast of his novels."

I liked the 2nd book [i.e. Brigades] better than the 1st

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) | 718 comments Marc-André wrote: "Randy wrote: "I've read some really good SF this year. Favorites include"

How is the Ghost Brigade? I'm curious to read it. I liked Scalzi's Old Man's War, but it wasn't breath taking and from the..."

I liked it about the same as OMW. There's more action if I recall. I read them back-to-back so I might get parts mixed up.