Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Birthdays > September Birthdays LIH 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments I figured since our August birthdays are done. I will get a head start for September because this coming week is going to be busy for me.

message 2: by Melinda (last edited Sep 23, 2018 08:16PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Hi ,everyone! September has many birthdays. One will be the first day so I figured I needed to start early. Time for a new month. . If you know of any let us know. Below is the list of birthday s that I have.

Jan - Sept. 1
Janet Dean Sept. 3
Melissa Sept. 5
Megan Sept. 8
Renee Sept. 11
Camy Sept. 20
Alayna & Mary Moore Sept. 21 ( may be off a day or two) if you know exact date let me know.
Deb Hale Sept. 25
Judy Sept. 26
Patty Hall Sept. 28

message 3: by Melinda (last edited Aug 25, 2018 04:02PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments I have cleaned up from the birthdays from August. I restocked the ice box with ice tea both with and without sugar and a pitcher of decaf. both with sugar and without sugar. I have set up the coffee pot and a pot of hot water on a timer. There is plenty of ice.

Off to see what to bring to eat. for our first birthday on the first of the month.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan Hamsher | 32 comments Mine is on September 8.

Chocolate cake, Richmond Icing, and lots of sprinkles ....
and Mint Chocolate Ice Cream!

message 5: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments I have to be out of town for a few days so Happy birthday in advance to Jan, Janet and Melissa! Enjoy your special day!

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula Shreckhise | 74 comments Happy Birthday blessings to all of the September Birthday girls.

message 7: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Megan wrote: "Mine is on September 8.

and Mint Chocolate Ice Cream!"

Megan ,
Tanks for letting us know about your birthday. I have added it.

message 8: by Melinda (last edited Sep 02, 2018 11:59AM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments With the holiday weekend and several birthdays during it, thought we could celebrate all weekend.
We can have a cookout so you can have hotdogs , hamburgers and bratwurst if you want.

I will have the meat on the grill. I think I will add corn on the cob to roast on the grill as well. The drinks are all fixed as usual unless someone has something special to add to the drinks.
Sept.1
Happy birthday, Jan !!
Sept. 3
Janet Dean, Happy Birthday!

message 9: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Dorothy wrote: "I have to be out of town for a few days so Happy birthday in advance to Jan, Janet and Melissa! Enjoy your special day!"

Have a good time. Enjoy your trip.

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan Hamsher | 32 comments HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Jan!
Hope your day is filled with love ... and books!

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan Hamsher | 32 comments HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Janet!
Hope your day is filled with love.. and books!

message 12: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Jan! I hope you are having nice weather and a wonderful day!

message 13: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Jan!

Happy, Happy Birthday on the 2nd, Janet Dean!

message 14: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Janet Dean! May you have a fun filled day!

message 15: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Happy Birthday, Janet!!!!

message 16: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments A belated happy birthday to Jan and Janet. Hope your special day was filled with everything good.

message 17: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Cleaning up and putting new banners up for the next birthday. I have put up orange and yellow in honor of Fall. I have refreshed the drinks. I decide to do this early as we are in the path of Gordon and do not know if the internet and electric will stay on . I did not want to miss Melissa ;s birthday . It is on September 5 so this is early.

An early Happy Birthday, Melissa ! Hope you have s very special day. I am adding brownies to the table. Some of nuts and some do not. There is a sign in front of each plate.

message 18: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Happy belated birthday Jan and Janet.

message 19: by Megan (new)

Megan Hamsher | 32 comments Melinda wrote: "Megan wrote: "Mine is on September 8.

and Mint Chocolate Ice Cream!"

Megan ,
Tanks for letting us know about your birthday. I have ad..."

HEY ... my name's spelled wrong ... You have it as Meagan ...
It's MEGAN. Call me crazy, but I'd like getting notes to me, not to another gal... lol

message 20: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Megan that is how I would normally spell Megan is it pronounced Meg-an or Me-gan? I grew up with a Meg-an

message 21: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Happy birthday Melissa. I am adding a plate of almond bread

message 22: by Megan (new)

Megan Hamsher | 32 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Megan that is how I would normally spell Megan is it pronounced Meg-an or Me-gan? I grew up with a Meg-an"

there's a bunch of different spellings...
Megan (the way my is spelled)
(pronounced may-gen)

Meghan (quite common)
Meagan (not so much)
Meaghan (rarely)

message 23: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments here Megan use to be the more common spelling pronounced Meg-an (a friends daughter was Meagan pronounced the same way and they use to call her Meggie or Meg),
Now Meghan is more common.

message 24: by Megan (new)

Megan Hamsher | 32 comments at one point, there were 3 Megans in the same group....
kinda hard to keep straight which Megan was being asked a question sometimes!

One of the worst days was when a dog came into the grooming shop where I worked.... unfortunately for me, her name was Megan and she was NOT cooperating... so, for about 4 hours, I kept hearing, "MEGAN, STOP THAT!" and "MEGAN, NO BITE!"
OIY .... and every time I heard my name, I froze, only to realize it was the dog they were yelling at, not paging me!

message 25: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments reminds me of playing hockey we had 3 Jennys on the team playing a team with at least one jenny.

message 26: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Melissa!

message 27: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Melissa!!

message 28: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments A belated happy birthday, Melissa. Hope your day was wonderful.

message 29: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Hanging banners in multi colors for fall leaves-yellow-orange-green-red and brown...tables are laden already and balloons at the ceiling in Reds.
Happy Birthday, Megan!
Hope you enjoy your weekend celebration. I brought coffee and pumpkin bread to start our day.
Refreshed all of the drinks.

message 30: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Megan!

message 31: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Megan!!!!

message 32: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Megan! I've brought warm apple crisp and vanilla ice cream for the table.

message 33: by Megan (new)

Megan Hamsher | 32 comments Thanks for the birthday wishes!
Bit soggy and miserable weather, but enjoyed time with my family.

message 34: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Happy belated birthday Megan bringing an Ice cream station

message 35: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Cleaning up and getting ready for our next birthday. Hanging banners of green and blue in honor of the crazy weather tropical storms abound this week. While getting ready for the next birthday, praying any of you near the tropical storms and hurricanes or fires are staying safe. Praying for all to be safe.

Refreshing the drinks.

message 36: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Renee 's birthday is Sept. 11 which is tomorrow.

Happy Birthday , Renee!

Hope you have something special in your plans. Have a wonderful day and a Blessed Year!
I am putting a grape salad on the table as well as some plain grapes.

message 37: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Happy birthday Renee I am adding apple pie

message 38: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Renee!

message 39: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Renee!
I put some fresh pressed cider in the fridge.

message 40: by Megan (new)

Megan Hamsher | 32 comments Happy Birthday, Renee!

message 41: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy birthday, Renee! Have a wonderful day.

Adding some zucchini bread to the goodies on the table.

message 42: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Dorothy wrote: "Happy birthday, Renee! Have a wonderful day.

Adding some zucchini bread to the goodies on the table."

The zucchini bread was good, Dorothy.

message 43: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments The table was full. I am cleaning up for our next birthday. refreshing the drinks especially the coffee and hot water pots.

message 44: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Getting the room ready.
Hanging banners of multi colors with balloons -music as well.
I think country music which goes with the historical theme we enjoy reading.

While you are saying hi to our birthday lady tomorrow, who is your favorite country singer or blues singer since both are historical or if you go back what is your favorite hymn?

message 45: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Tomorrow, Thursday, September 20 is Camy's birthday.

Happy Birthday Camy!!!

I am adding pumpkin spice muffins and lots of lemonade in frosty cold mugs like the ones they have at Cracker Barrel and are so good.

message 46: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Happy Birthday Camy adding Hot Chocolate to the table

message 47: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday Camy! I hope you have a wonderful day!

message 48: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Camy!!!

message 49: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Hanging green banners with hummingbirds on them to go with the banners from our last birthday(Sept. 20). Refreshed al of the drinks.
I am adding Carrot cake with sour cream icing to the table

A double birthday for Sept. 21.

Happy Birthday Alayna & Mary Moore !

Enjoy your day.

message 50: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday Alayna!
Happy Birthday Mary!
I am adding a Pear Torte to the table.

« previous 1