What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Picture book - girl and her cats through ages of history - originally French

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy (jimmybeep) | 2 comments Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew this title of this picture book. My sister had this in the late '70s or early '80s. I believe that the lavish illustrations were possibly from these times or the '60s at latest.

The main character is a girl who has a bunch of cats and each page shows a different period in history. The page I remember most has the girl in prehistory times wearing fur clothes and some of her cats have spears and they're trying to hunt and fish. There may have been a mastodon involved chasing one of the cats lol.

I know that this book was translated from French. (I think it had a page about the French Revolution possibly?)

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5055 comments Maybe, A Pet for the Orphelines?

Were the illustrations colorful, full page, realistic, cartoony, etc?
Part of a series?

message 3: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy (jimmybeep) | 2 comments That looks like a good book too! But the illustrations were full page and realistic. My sister didn't get any more books like it so I don't know if there was a series.

message 4: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 3270 comments Are you still looking for this, Jimmy? It sounds like a fun book!