Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2018 ~ Monthly Challenges > September 2018 ~ ATF Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 112 (112 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Grey (last edited Sep 29, 2018 04:38PM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
A new challenge for 2018 is the ATF Challenge. For me...some of the books that are my all-time favorites that I may recommend, may not necessarily have gotten 5 stars...but nonetheless are still on my favorite books of all time list, so here we are ~ working on nine months in now!

And I think now that we've figured it out, the rules of this challenge are pretty simple.

1) Between now and the 31st of August, members express their interest in participating in the ATF challenge for September.
2) Sometime on September 1st, it will be randomized by one of our illustrious randomizers to see who the lucky 9th woman of honor will be.
3) She will post the link to her All Time Favorite Books list (which could be her 5 stars list... or it could be something new that she makes up specifically for this challenge, however, it should include at least 10 books; in fact, the more books the better). I will also link the Honoree's list here in this first post.
4) Then this is where it gets fun... the Honoree could deign to 'help' pick a book for each of us that are participating to read from that list that we haven't read, if we have it or can easily get our hands on it. Or...she could just let us run amok and pick from all of her favorite choices.

For example: here is the link to Grey's All Time Favorites List

And last, but certainly not least...
5) The next super fun part of this challenge is that everyone else gets to throw a suggestion into the pot for the honoree, one of their 5 star suggestions, which will then be tossed into the randomizer again (or the honoree can just choose one, whichever floats her boat!) But this way, the honoree also has an All Time Favorite to read this month.

Clear as mud? Please ask if you have any questions, as we continue to iron out the details!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The honoree for September 2018 is ... !!!

The book that was chosen from all of our suggestions and plucked from the magical randomizer for her to read is... Actually, Leslie was saved from the randomizer by a crazy-busy back to work week for Grey and picked That Guy by Kim Jones from Jean's ATF list and rated it 3 stars!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From Leslie's All Time Favorite's List:

Grey chose The Vixen and the Vet (A Modern Fairytale) by Katy Regnery and rated it 4.5 stars!

Tessa chose The Education of Sebastian (The Education of..., #1) by Jane Harvey-Berrick and rated it

Michele chose Waiting for the Sun (Waiting for the Sun, #1) by Robin Hill and rated it 5 stars.

Jan chose Love, in English (Love, in English, #1) by Karina Halle and rated it 2 stars

Lisa chose The Education of Sebastian (The Education of..., #1) by Jane Harvey-Berrick and rated it 3.5 stars.

Paula chose Addicted to You (Addicted, #1) by Krista Ritchie and rated it

Jean chose Steadfast (True North, #2) by Sarina Bowen and rated it 4 stars

Nay chose Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward and rated it

Ela chose One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid and rated it 4 stars

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~
The choices that will be placed into the randomizer...

message 2: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments In!

message 3: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments I’m in too!

message 4: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Me too,😍

message 5: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I'm in though I'm behind. It's been that type of two months.

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments I'm in though I am behind in this challenge

message 7: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments In!

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments In please

message 9: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Um. Yeah, I'm in, even though I haven't been keeping up with the challenges lately either. *blushes*

message 10: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments YO!

message 11: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Where is everyone? Get in here!! I don't care if you're slacking...start over with a new month!

message 12: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I'm here! I've been grandbabying and flooring, but I'm IN for September for sure!

message 13: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Ooh grandbabying! Hooray. You must be really loving that.

message 14: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Jan130 wrote: "Ooh grandbabying! Hooray. You must be really loving that."

I am! Just haven't had enough free time to see him since he left the hospital yet. We're planning for this weekend.

message 15: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Lovely! Enjoy.

message 16: by Grey (last edited Aug 31, 2018 12:17PM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Can we see a pic of the new little one?

message 17: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Sure! Do I have to add a pic to my profile to show it? Or is there some other way? I'm pretty good with clicky links and such but not pics.

message 18: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I think you have to upload to a third party host, like shutterfly or snapfish or something and then link in here that way.

message 19: by Robin (last edited Aug 31, 2018 12:46PM) (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Renee wrote: "Sure! Do I have to add a pic to my profile to show it? Or is there some other way? I'm pretty good with clicky links and such but not pics."

Nay, are you able to access this link? https://www.facebook.com/groups/Books... You should since you're a member. I just did some GR tutorials in my group the other day. If this doesn't work, go in the group and search "goodreadstips". The image how to is in the comments.

message 20: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Thanks, Grey and Robin. I though that's what I had to do, and even though it's easy, it's still 'a pain' in my book. But when I sit down later, I'll do it.

message 21: by Tabathia (new)

Tabathia (shelleb40) | 2 comments I'm in. Will do my best to keep up!

message 22: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
The September ATF woman of honor...is Leslie! Hang on and I'll grab her list!

message 23: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Leslie's ATF list Remember to throw a recommendation into the mix for her to read from your ATF lists that she hasn't read (that she already has...) to make this fun for all of us!

message 24: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments *multiple glitter bombs*

Yay!!! I have tons of faves for everyone to choose from.

message 25: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Sorry I was in a bit of a flurry of activity earlier. A case of wine later...happy book picking, every one!

message 26: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I pick The Education of Sebastian (The Education of..., #1) by Jane Harvey-Berrick

Suggestion: Degradation (The Kane Trilogy, #1) by Stylo Fantome It's a trip.

message 27: by Michele (last edited Sep 01, 2018 10:32PM) (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Wow! Leslie has some awesome stuff on her faves list! I’m going to choose Waiting for the Sun (Waiting for the Sun, #1) by Robin Hill . I’ve been wanting to read it for a while, so this is the time!

I’ll get back with a suggestion for Leslie in a bit...

message 28: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Ooh it's a pretty good list Leslie. Lots of variety to pick from. I see you've got Thoughtless on there. *laughs* Is there anyone who hasn't read that (and voiced an opinion LOL)

I'm choosing Love, in English Love, in English (Love, in English, #1) by Karina Halle I've chosen it for a challenge book before but STILL HAVEN'T READ IT. So I'm going to try again. (That's not cheating is it?)

Suggestion for you: Dirty Dancing at Devil's Leap Dirty Dancing at Devil's Leap (Hellcat Canyon, #3) by Julie Anne Long
It's better than it looks or sounds. I think you might like it.

message 29: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments I’m suggesting The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang .

message 30: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Tessa, Michele & Jan - Those are great choices!!

message 31: by Lisa (last edited Sep 02, 2018 05:36AM) (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments The Education of Sebastian (The Education of..., #1) by Jane Harvey-Berrick for me!!

message 32: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Tessa & Lisa, I am surprised you both have never read The Education of Sebastian! It was a popular forbiddeny one back when it came out. I hope you love it.

message 33: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments I have read quite a few on Leslie’s list! Wanted to read the Sawyer Bennett one but it is a series and I only have the first and knowing me I would want to read all of them! So I am going with Addicted to you. I have read Kiss the Sky and enjoyed that so looking forward to it!

message 34: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments For Leslie I choose The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden.

Sorry no links as on phone and app is rubbish!

message 35: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Ooooh Paula. I LOVED Callie and Kayden. It made me swoon at the time, and I still remember it years later.

message 36: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Leslie, honest truth, I have an issue with him being 17, but got it for free. I figure so much love, give it a try.

message 37: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Leslie, we love so many of the same books! Since I'm halfway through Bittersweet, my pick from your list is: Steadfast (True North, #2) by Sarina Bowen

My pick for you is: That Guy by Kim Jones

You picked it for me last month and I loved it!

message 38: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Tessa, the age diff is what made it so hot and forbiddeny for me! 😜

Jean, I liked Bittersweet a lot but Steadfast I loved!! Jude is such a swoony and broken hero. Perfect for you.

message 39: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Steadfast is awesome!!!!

message 40: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I'm going to pick Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward

I maaaay have already read this and not marked it. If so, I'll pick something else.

message 41: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Nay, if you already read Stepbrother Dearest, I think you might like Until it Fades. Its a slow burn but NOT boring.

message 42: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments For Leslie, I'm going to suggest Strangers by Barbara Elsborg Strangers by Barbara Elsborg .

I read this book after Thoughtless and it majorly gave me the Thoughtless angst vibe (so, of course, I LOVED it). Not sure if it will stand the test of time, but it's an oldie on your tbr, so it'd be a good one to knock off.

message 43: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Leslie wrote: "Nay, if you already read Stepbrother Dearest, I think you might like Until it Fades. Its a slow burn but NOT boring."

I considered that one, Leslie, but the slow burn is what's kept me away. Hearing that makes me feel better about it.

I'm really into the forbidden thing right now, but I'm positive I read a stepbrother romance a few years ago by one of the more prominent authors--just not sure if this was it or not. If I've read it, I'll try Until It Fades. Thanks!

message 44: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Nay, that's right! I forgot you were in a forbiddeny mood! These were some good ones.

Author Anonymous - cheating book, she's married

Love, In English- cheating book, he's married

Heat Wave - h falls for her dead sister's husband

message 45: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Oooo I loved Until It Fades!!! So good!

message 46: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Leslie wrote: "Nay, that's right! I forgot you were in a forbiddeny mood! These were some good ones.

Heat Wave - h ..."

Thanks, Leslie! I have all of these on my tbr. I need to make sure I have them shelved properly as forbiddeny. I was actually looking at 'Love, In English' last week.

Michele--I remember quite a few people at Maryse's swooning over Until it Fades. I was just a little put off by the 'slow burn' description. That and 'sweet' and two things that are sure to keep me far away from a book! 😂 But with so many friend recs, I'll definitely have to at least give Until it Fades a try at some point.

message 47: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I want hot and naughty
... 🤣😂🤣

message 48: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Grey, you naughty girl! I'd rec Him, super hot! 🔥

message 49: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Renee wrote: "Leslie wrote: "Nay, that's right! I forgot you were in a forbiddeny mood! These were some good ones.

..."

Love in English was another good read! Read that one a while back too 😉

message 50: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments I’m choosing One True Loves

« previous 1 3