Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta Reader Available (All Genres)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Yates | 3 comments Hi everyone,

I’m happy to read your complete or incomplete manuscript and provide positive constructive criticism. I am open to all genres. My preference is short stories and shorter novels, so if you have a longer novel you’d like me to read and review (over 300 pages) it would be best to provide samples or specific chapters.

Look forward to reading your stories!
-Joe

message 2: by Wesley (new)

Wesley Morton | 2 comments Hi Joseph, I am interested in you doing beta read for my 21k fictional memoir. Let me know thx!

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie Smith | 4 comments Hi Joesph,

I have a longer novel over 300 pages (double spaced) but I would love for you to take a look at the first half of it if you would be willing! I am a young writer still in high school and would love some help/ pointers to make my novel better. Message me if you are interested or have more questions. Thanks!

message 4: by Manuel (new)

Manuel Cardenas (WoodyMFFM) | 4 comments I have a 79,000 word non fiction memoir 30 yearsOutlaw motorcycle club senior member, will you read what I have?

message 5: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 13 comments Hi Joseph, I have a 60,000 word fantasy novel you might be interested in.

message 6: by Djj (new)

Djj Mizzi | 7 comments Hi. I have an 82,000 medieval YA fantasy. Please message me if you're interested or e-mail me: d.j.j.mizzi@hotmail.com

Here is a short synopsis: Naphtali is an ordinary boy, who lives an ordinary life as a blacksmith’s apprentice with his aunty in the city of Aldun. Naphtali hates it, he yearns for adventure. But Naphtali has no overwhelming skills, nothing that makes him stand out; there seems to be no way of escaping the mundane grip that life has on him. The Dragon Slayers are quiet and mysterious although their skills are renown throughout the land. They keep to themselves. They don’t talk about their guild. They don’t talk about their training. Torin is one of those Dragon Slayers. One night, Naphtali finds himself locked outside the city gates with his cousin Korah. Torin is also sent out that night in hunt of a dragon causing trouble in the farmlands. When the dragon attacks Naphtali, Torin watches unseen from the shadows, curious as to how the boy will handle the situation. There was nothing special in the way that Naphtali moved, nor in his fighting technique and ability; but Torin sees something in Naphtali that cannot be taught. Absolute persistence. Torin saves Naphtali, and leaves him with an offer to join the Dragon Slayers.

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat Devitt (kat_devitt_author) | 103 comments Hi Joseph!

I have a Gothic historical in need of a beta reader. It's approximately 14,000 words long, so it's a shorter read. I'm looking for someone with an eye for plot, condensing words(I can be verbose sometimes), and overall character development.

Please email me at katdevittauthor@gmail.com if you're interested! Thanks :)

message 8: by K. (last edited Sep 13, 2018 09:27PM) (new)

K. (goodreadscomkatie_s) | 3 comments Hello Joe,

I have a YA LGBT Scifi in 99,000 words.
Here is the short synopsis:
Two roommates from the future are accepted into Princeton despite being deemed borderline failures by society. These opposites learn to get along in a world where one is either a low-potentialite or high-potentialite achiever till the end of their days.
The year is 2117, one hundred years after the first ionic cloud destroyed Princeton, and seventy years after electroshock therapy became a legal requirement. Electroshock therapy improved IQ on extreme levels, rid society of madness, and smoothed away the bumps of individuality.
However, madness was only hidden. August Ace Roso, Brazilian-American over-achiever learns about hidden madness in others and himself when his roommate recruits him for a secret Princeton society called The League of Free Minds.
The more August learns about electroshock, the more it strains his familial relations but his love grows for his roommate, Mike, an emotionally intelligent low-potentialite. For all the constraints and horrors shock did to society, the procedure gave some super, even supernatural abilities.
They come at moral odds with each other and the world when their last League mission is to kill the US president, a potential mind-controller.

Direct message me on Goodreads if you're interested or reply to this discussion.
Thank you so much. It means the world to get your constructive and positive feedback.

message 9: by Haley (new)

Haley Wells (eloisehall) | 5 comments Hey Joseph!
I have an ongoing historical fiction/historical romance novel set in 1920s New York that I would be interested in you critiquing. Right now it is about 20K words, but it will be much longer by the time it is finished. Would you be interested in reading what I have so far, then reading what I turn out as I continue to write the book? If you are, please message me and we'll talk details. Thanks!

message 10: by Abby (new)

Abby | 49 comments My novel, "Our Father" is a suspense/mystery/thriller with 79,000 words. I completed this last year and have been editing/re-writing. If interested, here is a blurb of "Our Father".

Robyn Bell is an upcoming actress. With a movie finishing up and a budding romance with her best friend Jason, everything should be sunshine and rainbows. Instead it's raining secrets. In the shadows of her success, Robyn’s childhood best friend Nathaniel, is stalking her, seeking revenge for betraying him. When she bumps into him at her hotel, she panics. At the advice of her ex-boyfriend, she forms a makeshift team to fight against him. Before they can act, Nathaniel kidnaps Robyn and unlocks suppressed feelings when he brings her to Leonard Bell, her estranged father. A man who left the night of her sixth birthday is now asking for her help.

The connections they made with people in the past influenced their future. An ex-girlfriend, an old fling, a stranger, a brother, or a father. These strings of connections force the characters to relive the past and the mistakes they made along the way. Some connections were key players in the capture of Robyn, and others are the missing link to helping her father.

If interested, please PM me. Thanks!

message 11: by honeysouffle (new)

honeysouffle (aimenakram) | 9 comments Hello, Joseph! I've written a suspense short story, would you be interested in beta reading it?