Love Inspired Historicals discussion

GOOD NEWS! Love Inspired Historical Classics!

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dorothy (last edited Aug 25, 2018 09:15AM) (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Ladies, are you aware of LOVE INSPIRED HISTORICAL CLASSICS?

I have only recently learned that LIH is publishing books from the back lists of many of your favorite authors in a paperback two-in-one book form labeled CLASSICS. (You can identify them by the small yellow flash with the word Classics in white print (hard to see against the yellow) nestled beneath the words Love Inspired in the historical banner across the top of the books.) Who knew? I didn't. I still don't have all of the information about this line. I believe they are releasing two of the CLASSICS books a month. YEA!

I learned about the Classics line when I was notified that LIH has combined my book, Family of the Heart, with Linda Ford's book A Journey Home, in a two-for-one LIH Classic that will go on sale this October.

I'm excited about this. It's an opportunity for me to buy those books I meant to buy when they were released but missed out on for one reason or another. I'm going to be watching the LIH Classics at our local stores for those titles!

message 2: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Dorothy wrote: "Ladies, are you aware of LOVE INSPIRED HISTORICAL CLASSICS?

I have only recently learned that LIH is publishing books from the back lists of many of your favorite authors in a paperback two-in-one..."

Dorothy, this so exciting! Thanks for letting readers know. Is this your debut? I also have my LIH debut Courting Miss Adelaide releasing in a two for one October 2 with Valerie Hanson. It may actually be on the shelves in September. The books are thick and reasonably priced for two historical romances if our readers haven't already read the stories.

Janet

message 3: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Hi Janet! So nice to see you here! Yes, this is my debut Classics book. So it will be you and Valerie Hanson in one of the October Classics books and myself and Linda Ford in the other. I'm in good company! :-)

I didn't know the books might actually be on the shelves in September, I'll keep watch. Thanks for the heads up on that. The books ARE thick. And, I agree, they are reasonably priced for two full historical romances.

message 4: by Irene (new)

Irene S Wonderful news. I will watch for them.

message 5: by Dorothy (last edited Aug 25, 2018 01:28PM) (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments I'm glad to hear that, Irene! One word of caution... Don't be fooled by the cover on the Classics books. I think they are simply going through the back list books and choosing a LIH cover (no matter what author it was used for originally) that fits the mutual theme of the two included books and putting it on the Classics book it matches. A money saving idea that enables them to pass the savings on to you.

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (bookwormhannah) | 97 comments Very good news! I'll be watching for some out of print titles that I missed getting the first time around. :)

message 7: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments An excellent idea, Hannah! I'm going to do the same.

message 8: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments I agree with Hannah. thanks Dorothy and Janet for the heads up.

message 9: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments What great news

message 10: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Melinda wrote: "I agree with Hannah. thanks Dorothy and Janet for the heads up."

You're welcome! I'm just thankful for the good news to share!

message 11: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Ausjenny wrote: "What great news"

I agree, Jenny. I'm so glad LIH has done this!

message 12: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Dorothy wrote: "Hi Janet! So nice to see you here! Yes, this is my debut Classics book. So it will be you and Valerie Hanson in one of the October Classics books and myself and Linda Ford in the other. I'm in good..."

I'm thrilled to be on the shelves with you and Linda!

Our Walmart sometimes shelves books ahead of the release date. I always check early just in case.

Janet

message 13: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Melinda wrote: "I agree with Hannah. thanks Dorothy and Janet for the heads up."

Thanks for your interest, Melinda!

Janet

message 14: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Ausjenny wrote: "What great news"

Hi Jenny, Thanks for your excitement. Though I suspect you've read Courting Miss Adelaide. I haven't seen a post of yours on Facebook for a long time. Great to connect here!

Janet

message 15: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Irene wrote: "Wonderful news. I will watch for them."

Thanks, Irene!

Janet

message 16: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Hi Janet yes I have read your book. I am on FB but you may not be getting my posts.

message 17: by Nina (new)

Nina | 42 comments Hope they do it for ebooks too.

message 18: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Hi Janet yes I have read your book. I am on FB but you may not be getting my posts."

I wonder why, Jenny. Think we're friends.

Janet

message 19: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Nina wrote: "Hope they do it for ebooks too."

The two-for-one Classics are in eBooks, too, Nina.

Janet

message 20: by Nina (last edited Aug 26, 2018 02:20PM) (new)

Nina | 42 comments Good. Where can I get them?

message 21: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Nina wrote: "Hope they do it for ebooks too."

Nina, I'm quite certain the two-for-one classics are put out as ebooks, also. I'm not sure where you would get them...Harlequin Love Inspired Historicals... Amazon... The usual places I would imagine. Sorry, I'm not more help.

message 22: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Janet wrote: "Ausjenny wrote: "Hi Janet yes I have read your book. I am on FB but you may not be getting my posts."

Janet"

Its the FB algorithm they tend to only show a few friends posts.

message 23: by Janis Kay (new)

Janis Kay (riceball1759) | 211 comments That's awesome!!! I'll definitely be looking out for those since I love back-reading LIH like nobody's business :D

message 24: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Then these books are perfect for you, Janis Kay! Enjoy!

message 25: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Nina wrote: "Good. Where can I get them?"

Nina, you can get the eBooks of the Two for One Historical Classics online at Amazon or Harlequin.com.

Janet

message 26: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Janet wrote: "Ausjenny wrote: "Hi Janet yes I have read your book. I am on FB but you may not be getting my posts."

Janet"

Its the FB algorithm they ten..."

How do I fix that? Post on your wall?

Janet

message 27: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Janis Kay wrote: "That's awesome!!! I'll definitely be looking out for those since I love back-reading LIH like nobody's business :D"

Janis Kay, you're a blessing. Historicals are my favorites. I think you'll love getting two of the historicals for a little more than the price of one.

Janet

message 28: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments not sure Janet

message 29: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments I am glad they are doing this! I will definitely look for them.

message 30: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Hi Ladies, my first series for LIH, THE GABRIEL SISTERS, is coming out in Oct and Dec.. Her Captain's Heart and Her Patwork Family in Oct and Her Healing Ways in Dec. I'm excited my books will be back in print!

message 31: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments I am glad they are doing this also! Excited to see your books back in print, Lyn!

message 32: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Becky wrote: "I am glad they are doing this also! Excited to see your books back in print, Lyn!"

Me too! Tell your friends. They will only be on the shelves for a brief time.

message 33: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Janet wrote: "Ausjenny wrote: "Hi Janet yes I have read your book. I am on FB but you may not be getting my posts."

Janet"

FB has changed things and I have found several of my friends and family that I wasn't getting any of their postings and had to go to their individual pages and click on the get notified or whatever it is so I could "get" notices when they posted something.