What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

P.S. He's Mine!: A Novel in E-Mail
This topic is about P.S. He's Mine!
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Teen/YA novel, letters or emails between two girls who have been two-timed by the same guy. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becca (new) - added it

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 3287 comments I remember reading this in the UK in the early 2000s, although it might have been from the 90s. It's a series of letters or emails between two girls who at some point realise that they have been two-timed by the same boy, and it strengthens their friendship.

I have a feeling that they live in different countries, hence the friendship via letter/email - maybe the UK and France or Germany? I think they had met via a school language exchange in one of their countries, and that was where the boy overlap happened.

At one point one of the girls' period is late and she is worried she's pregnant (by the cheating boy). I remember the other girl advising her to go running or skipping with a rope, anything to make her period come, which it does eventually.

Any help gratefully appreciated! Thank you.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5054 comments Do you remember the cover?
Part of a series?

message 3: by Becca (new) - added it

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 3287 comments Tab wrote: "Do you remember the cover?
Part of a series?"

I don't remember the cover, and I don't think it was part of a series. It could have been, though, and I simply wasn't aware of it. It wasn't anything super obvious like Babysitter's Club.

message 4: by Becca (new) - added it

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 3287 comments Bump!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36601 comments Mod
A guess - Feeling Sorry for Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty?

Becca, what's the tone - serious, angsty, often funny, sad/somber, etc.?

message 6: by Becca (new) - added it

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 3287 comments It’s Not Feeling Sorry For Celia - I checked a copy - but it’s in the right ballpark tone-wise. As far as I can remember it wasn’t dark/gritty, more lighthearted with moments of humour although obviously dealing with serious issues.

message 7: by Becca (new) - added it

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 3287 comments I FOUND IT! P.S. He's Mine by Rosie Rushton and Nina Schindler. Oh, the sense of relief!

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21139 comments Glad you found it!

P.S. He's Mine! for the link.