Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions
This topic is about Flatland
Book Cover Help > Flatland Cover Dilema

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 25, 2018 07:07AM) (new)

As a librarian I know I have the ability to change a book cover, but how do I decide if it is appropriate? There is a dizzying number of editions of "Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions". I have found the book that I currently have in hand (shown above in about section) and the cover does not match (though it is similar). I think this is because there was a republication in 2005 with the cover currently shown (But the edition I have in hand and in question is the first publication of the Princeton Library in 1991). But is it possible there are 2 matching editions with this ISBN in the same year with the other cover? Here is what the cover for the above listing should be (https://www.abebooks.com/Flatland-rom...). Should I add the other cover (from a better quality source such as Amazon or others listed in the Amazon quality thread) as an alternate one? I was reviewing the librarian policies on book covers and I'm a little confused. It's a lot of information. ( I apologize if this is in the wrong area or something, I'm new to this)

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26918 comments It is quite possible there are 2 covers for the same year, using the same isbn.

You need to add an alternative cover edition.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Sandra wrote: "It is quite possible there are 2 covers for the same year, using the same isbn.

You need to add an alternative cover edition."

Thank you very much! I will! :)