YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team December (F) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Vivi (last edited Sep 01, 2018 07:54AM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments description
✔ Susan
✔ Samantha
✔ Vivi
✔ Saar
✔ Klancy
✔ Michela
Morgan
✔ Cersei
✔ Molly
Kerry Kares 🙃
✔ Lisa
Zaquira
✔ Laura DeSantis
✔ Himanshu
✔ Amanda

Team Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Rules: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Don't forget to check in! :)

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments Hi there. I'm checking in with everyone. Have a great weekend :)

message 3: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Checking in!

message 4: by Michela (new)

Michela Searson | 214 comments checking in!

Saar The Book owl | 3401 comments Mod
Hi everyone, checking in :)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85693 comments Mod
Hello Team December, just to let you know that I am adding Lisa, and Zaquira to your team ☺

Welcome, Lisa and Zaquira.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments Hi 😁 great to be part of this team! I love winter and december 😍🎄🎁❄☃️🌨

Me too. I'm not a summer person. I love autumn and winter :)

message 10: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Welcome everyone! 🙂

message 11: by Noa (new)

Noa (noa_caboa) Checking in

message 12: by Vivi (last edited Aug 26, 2018 01:46PM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Welcome Molly ☺️

message 13: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hello Team December, just to let you know that I am adding Laura DeSantis to your team ☺

message 14: by Laura's Library (new)

Laura's Library (lauraslibrary945) | 5 comments Hi all, checking in!

message 15: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Welcome Laura ☺️

message 16: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments What are you guys wanting to read next month? 🤗 I’m hoping to finally read the books that have been on my TBR forever!

message 17: by Michela (new)

Michela Searson | 214 comments Hey everyone so next month I plan on reading
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling , Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game, #1) by Amanda Foody , An Abundance of Katherines by John Green , Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins , My Plain Jane (The Lady Janies, #2) by Cynthia Hand

message 18: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Ohhh Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins was very funny!

So far the only books I know I for sure want to read are Zenith Part 1 by Sasha Alsberg , Ringer (Replica, #2) by Lauren Oliver and Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi

message 19: by Laura's Library (last edited Aug 27, 2018 04:36PM) (new)

Laura's Library (lauraslibrary945) | 5 comments Klancy wrote: "What are you guys wanting to read next month? 🤗 I’m hoping to finally read the books that have been on my TBR forever!"

I'm going to try and get through This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab , Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3) by Kristin Cashore , In the Heart of the Sea The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick , The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray , and The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch .

message 20: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 12 comments Hi I just saw that Teams were up. Sorry for my late check in. The books I was thinking of reading for this month are probably like "Alex Approximately" by Jenn Bennett possibly like a thriller such as "S.T.A.G.S" By M.A. Bennett or "The Lies They Tell" by Gillian French. I would be willing to buddy read if anyone wants to do that. I don't have access to a ton of books but I have a few on my shelf like "One Dark Throne" by Kendare Blake or "Jane Unlimited" Kristin Cashore.

message 21: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 12 comments Also I just started "Always and Forever Lara Jean" I may or may not be reading this come September 1. I tend to read Jenny Han books really fast.

message 22: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Welcome Samantha :)

I have no idea on what to read next month,besides 'Strange the dreamer' and 'Dreams of gods and monsters'.

message 24: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hello Team December, just to let you know that I am adding Himanshu to your team ☺

message 25: by Laura's Library (new)

Laura's Library (lauraslibrary945) | 5 comments Saar wrote: "I have no idea on what to read next month,besides 'Strange the dreamer' and 'Dreams of gods and monsters'."

I loved Strange The Dreamer. I can't wait for Muse Of Nightmares!

Kerry Kares 🙃 | 4 comments Hey guys sorry this app is acting up for me! This just came through.

message 27: by Lisa (last edited Aug 30, 2018 06:03AM) (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments I'd like to read One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2) by Kendare Blake The Unbound (The Archived, #2) by Victoria Schwab To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han and maybe one of these: Uprooted by Naomi Novik They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera Circe by Madeline Miller Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor
If anyone want to join my for a BR, please be welcomed :D

@Samantha: Maybe you would like to BR One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2) by Kendare Blake ? i thought about starting around the 4th.

message 28: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 12 comments Lisa wrote: "I'd like to read One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2) by Kendare BlakeThe Unbound (The Archived, #2) by Victoria SchwabTo All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han and maybe one of these: Uprooted by Naomi Novik[boo..."

Around the 4th works for me. Do you want to read a certain number of pages each day or so?

message 29: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hello Team December, just to let you know that I am adding Amanda to your team ☺

message 30: by cersei (new)

cersei lannister  (writeasrain) | 234 comments hey, guys, I'm checking in! :)

message 31: by cersei (last edited Aug 31, 2018 08:37AM) (new)

cersei lannister  (writeasrain) | 234 comments hey, I'm pretty late, but i was thinking of reading (and im being really ambitious here lol):

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Radio Silence by Alice Oseman The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

message 32: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Cersei, If I can get my hands on a copy of It's Kind of a Funny Story or The Hate you Give I would like to BR them

message 33: by Himanshu (new)

Himanshu Saliya (him186) | 120 comments Hi everyone, just checking in.

message 34: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Himanshu wrote: "Hi everyone, just checking in."

Welcome Himanshu :)

message 35: by cersei (new)

cersei lannister  (writeasrain) | 234 comments Slytherpuff wrote: "Cersei, If I can get my hands on a copy of It's Kind of a Funny Story or The Hate you Give I would like to BR them"

that sounds awesome! are you willing to read it's kind of a funny story tomorrow? we can read the hate u give when we're done that unless you want to take a break and read one of your own? :)

message 36: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Hey guys. I'm going to be on your team unless I wind up on a medium team.

message 37: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Amanda wrote: "Hey guys. I'm going to be on your team unless I wind up on a medium team."

Welcome Amanda :)

message 38: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments @cersei: every heart a doorway is an awesome book (series), hope you get to read it soon 😁 i finished it some months ago, so it wouldnt count. But if you want and there is noone else, i will read it again for you 😁♥️

message 39: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Is anyone looking for a buddy for the books i posted in the wanted threads?

message 40: by cersei (new)

cersei lannister  (writeasrain) | 234 comments Lisa wrote: "@cersei: every heart a doorway is an awesome book (series), hope you get to read it soon 😁 i finished it some months ago, so it wouldnt count. But if you want and there is noone else, i will read i..."

im so up for that! im about to start its kind of a funny story so when im done that i would so love to read it w u! how does tuesday sound? 😁♥️

message 41: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Cersei, I would have to get these books first if I can. I can put them on hold at the library for later

message 42: by cersei (new)

cersei lannister  (writeasrain) | 234 comments Slytherpuff wrote: "Cersei, I would have to get these books first if I can. I can put them on hold at the library for later"

ok, that works for me! we can buddy read the hate u give whenever you want bc im about to start its kind of a funny story now! :)

message 43: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments Great 😁 i have all 3 books of the series right next to me, so whenever you are ready 😊

message 44: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

The Unbound (The Archived, #2) by Victoria Schwab

These are the threads for all of you who want wo join me for the books :) Both starting on the 4th.

message 45: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments @ Michela I would love to buddy read My Plain Jane (The Lady Janies, #2) by Cynthia Hand with you if you would like to read it soon. Let me know because I just got this from my daughter and I am dying to read it.

message 46: by Himanshu (new)

Himanshu Saliya (him186) | 120 comments I am planning on reading A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness , if anyone wants to buddy read, let me know.

message 47: by cersei (new)

cersei lannister  (writeasrain) | 234 comments Lisa wrote: "Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire

The Unbound (The Archived, #2) by Victoria Schwab
https..."

ok! cant wait! 😊

message 48: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments @Himanshu: i would like to join you for A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness but maybe later in the month?

Normally I'll finish a book this wek, but I'm looking for a BR for A Greyhound of a Girl by Roddy Doyle

Anyone interested? I can start today, because I allready have the book.

message 50: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 12 comments I'm starting "One Dark Throne" by Kendare Blake today if anyone would like to buddy read it. Let me know.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.