Bodice Ripper Readers Anonymous discussion

Discussions and Questions > PLAIN/UNUSUAL HEROES

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mel (new)

Mel (bookhorder) | 203 comments Leftover Love by Janet Dailey has a plain/unusual hero. Tall, Dark and Handsome gets a bit tiring.

Are there any plain/different Heroes, without the modern Beast and Beauty theme running through it?

message 2: by Missy (on hiatus) (last edited Sep 01, 2018 02:42PM) (new)

Missy (on hiatus) | 33 comments Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase. I don't know if it qualifies as Beauty and the Beast theme since I've never considered it as one.

message 3: by Mel (new)

Mel (bookhorder) | 203 comments Thank you, I have read that one.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 445 comments i can think of a book, but it’s not bodice ripper.

message 5: by Mel (last edited Sep 01, 2018 03:54PM) (new)

Mel (bookhorder) | 203 comments That's ok. Does not need to be. The above is not.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 445 comments Lord Carew's Bride is old Mary Balogh.

The hero is a marquis and has a deformed arm and is a landscape architect.

message 7: by Missy (on hiatus) (last edited Sep 01, 2018 04:08PM) (new)

Missy (on hiatus) | 33 comments MAYBE Reforming Lord Ragsdale by Carla Kelly Reforming Lord Ragsdale by Carla Kelly. The hero wears an eyepatch if I recall correctly. It's a traditional hr, so it's clean.

message 8: by Mel (new)

Mel (bookhorder) | 203 comments Thank you, will have a look at those.

message 9: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments Duke of Sin by Elizabeth Hoyt. The hero is the villain. Oh, and he's a true villain; he is vain, selfish, spoiled, and manipulative. He's awful!

You by Caroline Kepnes. This is not a bodice ripper, but it's amazing. The protagonist is a serial killer. Oh, and I love him.

message 10: by Mel (new)

Mel (bookhorder) | 203 comments Thank you, will have a look