New Adult Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Q+A's > Sarah Mayberry Q&A

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat J (new)

Kat J (katjphoenix) | 378 comments

This week we have the pleasure of Sarah Mayberry to host our weekly Q&A. Sarah is the author behind Her Best Worst Mistake, The Other Side of Us, Bound to the Bachelor and many more.

Her latest book The Cowboy Meets His Match is also on sale now!

Sarah is with us all week taking your questions. Leave your question/s below for her.

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 733 comments Hello! Who are some of your favorite authors?

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Mayberry Nicole wrote: "Hello! Who are some of your favorite authors?"

Hi Nicole!I love Lisa Kleypas, Sarina Bowen, Victoria Dahl, Anne Gracie, Mary Balogh, Elle Kennedy, Kristian Callihan, Julianna Keyes, Kylie Scott. I could go on and on!

message 4: by Debra (new)

Debra Shutters (debrashutters) What inspired you to become a writer?

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Mayberry Debra wrote: "What inspired you to become a writer?"
I have always wanted to tell stories. When I was in pre-school, I used to make "books" out of folded paper. When I was in high school, I wrote a teen romance serial that borrowed *heavily* from Sweet Valley High. It's honestly been my dream my entire life and I pinch myself every day that I make a living putting words together to entertain people(I hope!)

message 6: by Elle P. (new)

Elle P. Golden | 186 comments Hii!! Confession: I'm a total newbie! So where do you suggest me to start? What book or series should I read first?

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Mayberry MiDouradoP wrote: "Hii!! Confession: I'm a total newbie! So where do you suggest me to start? What book or series should I read first?" Hello! I've written more than 35 books, so there's pretty much something in there for everyone. If you like friends to lovers, Her Best Friend or Anything For You have been reader favourites. If you like Enemies to Lovers, Her Best Worst Mistake is hugely popular, one of my fave books. And if you like unrequited love, Make Believe Wedding is for you!

message 8: by Elle P. (new)

Elle P. Golden | 186 comments Sarah wrote: "MiDouradoP wrote: "Hii!! Confession: I'm a total newbie! So where do you suggest me to start? What book or series should I read first?" Hello! I've written more than 35 books, so there's pretty muc..."

That is so great!!! And these are tropes I love! Thank you so much!!

message 9: by Miranda (last edited Aug 27, 2018 10:09AM) (new)

Miranda B Hi Sarah, I really love the way you write and I've read a lot of your books, my favorite is Bound to the Bachelor, I've read it 10 times or maybe more.

Question: What inspires you to write? Have you ever experienced “Writer’s Block”? How long do they usually last? After this release, will you have another one coming in the near future?

Thank you!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Mayberry Miranda wrote: "Hi Sarah, I really love the way you write and I've read a lot of your books, my favorite is Bound to the Bachelor, I've read it 10 times or maybe more.

Question: What inspires you to write? Have y..."
Hi Miranda. 10 times with Beau and Lily - that's amazing! I had a lot of fun writing that book. I usually get an idea for a book and then it starts to niggle away in the back of my brain until I flesh out the story. I'm a plotter, so I plan my books in advance. I have had writer's block, and I solved it by moving on to another book. I still plan on going back to the unfinished one, but I need to really have my writing mojo going when I do! And have plans for three more books related to The Cowboy Meets His Match, telling the stories of the other 3 Carmody siblings. I'm just about to start writing Casey's story now.

message 11: by CJ Villacote (new)

CJ Villacote ♡ Ceej Bookshelves ♡ (cjvillacote) | 52 comments Hi. What are the things that keeps you busy aside from writing 😘 Thank you.

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Mayberry Cj wrote: "Hi. What are the things that keeps you busy aside from writing 😘 Thank you." Hi CJ. When I'm not writing, I love to read. I am also a big fan of eating (!!) with my man - we love trying new places and new recipes. And when I can clear a day, I love to break out my sewing machine and make something for myself that I know I won't be able to buy anywhere else.

message 13: by Irma (new)

Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer* | 325 comments Hi :) Which character of yours is your favourite and why?

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Mayberry Irma wrote: "Hi :) Which character of yours is your favourite and why?" Hi Irma. You know, I think I'm going to say CJ, the heroine of my latest book. She is a bad ass, and I love how brave and straight forward she is. I also have a huge soft-spot for Blue, the heroine in Anticipation, the second book in my Brothers Ink series. Blue is sassy and bold and she's been through so much. I really wanted her to find her happy ending.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.