Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Introductions > Hey there!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiemacbride) | 14 comments I am so happy to have found this group (and many thanks to my friend, Scott, for sending along the link)! I am currently working on my MLIS at San Jose State University. Ideally, I would like to end up as a Young Adult Librarian in a public library. I'm very excited to "meet" some of you!
~Katie

message 2: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (librarymom23) Welcome Katie! I'm a bookstore employee, not a librarian:(

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo Welcome Katie

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (JenJen1221) | 623 comments Hi Katie!!!

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) Hi Katie, and good luck with a very exciting career path. Sounds like fun!

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiemacbride) | 14 comments Thanks for the warm welcome! I just finished Asher's "13 Reason's Why" and am now deciding between Janet Tashjian's "Multiple Choice" and Jake Coburn's "Lovesick." Any suggestions?

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiemacbride) | 14 comments Thanks for the warm welcome! I just finished Asher's "13 Reason's Why" and am now deciding between Janet Tashjian's "Multiple Choice" and Jake Coburn's "Lovesick." Any suggestions?

message 8: by Tlc (new)

Tlc | 43 comments Katie - welcome! I work in the youth dept. of a public library and must say it's lots of fun. I'm one of many assistants and we have a blast. Good luck with your masters - I'm not quite brave enough to go on for my MLS. What are some new "good reads" you've come across during school?

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiemacbride) | 14 comments In terms of YA books, I read some really amazing graphic novels recently--one of the most memorable being "Blue Pills: A Positive Love Story" by Frederik Peeters. I just finished "lovesick" by James Coburn and liked it a lot. There is also a really interesting book called "Comic Book Tattoo;" the book is a compilation of adaptations based on Tori Amos songs. It's very interesting. What about you? Run across anything particularly good recently?