SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
24-Hour Read-a-Thon > 2018 Final RAT Stats

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Oct 02, 2018 12:20PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29486 comments 2018 Final RAT Stats
CONGRATULATIONS! You've completed your RAT! We'd love to hear how it went!

Give us the Scoop:
✓ Number of days/hours spent reading
✓ Number and/or list of books read
✓ Number of pages read

Optional Add'l Info to Share:
✓ Did you find it fun or was it more of a chore to complete?
✓ Is this your first time participating in a Read-a-Thon? If so, would you participate again or was once is enough? If not, how did this year's RAT compare?
✓ Did you choose RAT books in advance? If so, were you able to read all of the books you'd set aside?
✓ Did you have a favorite reading spot?
✓ Did you find it difficult to stick to your reading schedule? If so, how'd ya overcome it?
✓ Did you discover a new series, author or genre?
✓ Did you read alone or with partner?
✓ Which book format(s) did you use for your RAT? Audio, Paperback/Hardcover (DTB), or eBook OR did you use a mix of formats?

✮✪ PARTICIPANTS' FINAL RAT STATS ✪✮

DO NOT DISTURB: One day (24h)

NOSE TO THE GRINDSTONE: Two days (12h)
✓ 1. Sam

WILL WORK FOR BOOKS: Three days (8h)
✓ 1. Martha

SLOW & STEADY: Four or more days (2-7h)
1. Sandra
2. Rachel- Goodbye Borders
3. ~Melissa~
4. Sarah
5. Amy
6. Michelle
✓ 7. Moondance
8. ladymurmur

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam | 1052 comments Give us the Scoop:
✓ Number of days/hours spent reading
✓ Number and/or list of books read
✓ Number of pages read

I spent 24 hours reading for this RaT divided between two 12 hour days. During that time I read 5 complete books and part of 3 others for a total of 1524 pages. My RaT record is located HERE.

✓ Did you find it fun or was it more of a chore to complete?
It was fun though it was hard to only read for 12 hours. I didn't realize how often I stop to do something else for a short period as a change of pace once I finish a book.
✓ Is this your first time participating in a Read-a-Thon? If so, would you participate again or was once is enough? If not, how did this year's RAT compare?
This is my third RaT. I will be participating again next year as I always find the RaTs fun.
✓ Did you choose RAT books in advance? If so, were you able to read all of the books you'd set aside?
I mood read for this RaT, mostly reading one author (under her name and her pen name) to try and get caught up on some series.
✓ Did you have a favorite reading spot?
I tended to shift between my desk, my recliner, my beanbag chair and my bed.
✓ Did you find it difficult to stick to your reading schedule? If so, how'd ya overcome it?
I did find it difficult to stick to the schedule but told myself that it was a once a year thing and I needed to buckle down and do it. I reminded myself how much I enjoy these RaTs and how mad at myself I would be if I didn't finish.
✓ Did you discover a new series, author or genre? No
✓ Did you read alone or with partner? alone
✓ Which book format(s) did you use for your RAT? Audio, Paperback/Hardcover (DTB), or eBook OR did you use a mix of formats? always kindle books for me

message 3: by Martha (new)

Martha (mkoopman27) | 346 comments I read a total of 26 hours over three days. Total pages was 912.
Books read:
Sin Undone (Demonica #5) by Larissa Ione Night Shift (Kate Daniels, #6.5; SPI Files, # 0.5; Psy-Changeling, #12.5; Barbarian, #1) by Nalini Singh Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8) by Ilona Andrews Uprooted by Naomi Novik Supernatural (Lords of Deliverance, #1.5; Demonica, #6.5; Guardians of Eternity, #7.6; Nightwalkers, #1.5; Dragon Kin, #0.4) by Larissa Ione Moon Over Soho (Peter Grant, #2) by Ben Aaronovitch Bloody Rose (The Band, #2) by Nicholas Eames

message 4: by Martha (new)

Martha (mkoopman27) | 346 comments Did you find it fun or was it more of a chore to complete? Fun except for one night when I had to fight to stay awake to get my 8 hours in.
✓ Is this your first time participating in a Read-a-Thon? It was my second RAT and I plan on doing it again. It’s a nice boost in the fall.
✓ Did you choose RAT books in advance? No, I just read whatever was up, including a couple of BSB books.
✓ Did you have a favorite reading spot? My little nest on the couch, then in bed at night.
✓ Did you find it difficult to stick to your reading schedule? Not really, I often spend about 8 hours reading on days when I haven’t got plans
✓ Did you discover a new series, author or genre? I really liked Naomi Novik and plan to start her dragon series.
✓ Did you read alone or with partner? Alone
✓ Which book format(s) did you use for your RAT? All Kindle

message 5: by Moondance (last edited Oct 01, 2018 05:59PM) (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1872 comments Give us the Scoop:
✓ Number of days/hours spent reading: I read 29.5 hours

✓ Number and/or list of books read: I completed 9 books

✓ Number of pages read: I read 2926 pages

RAT 2018

✓ Did you find it fun or was it more of a chore to complete? It's always fun!

✓ Is this your first time participating in a Read-a-Thon? If so, would you participate again or was once is enough? If not, how did this year's RAT compare? I have done several. I felt that I didn't read as much as I have in the past. I will absolutely do it again.

✓ Did you choose RAT books in advance? If so, were you able to read all of the books you'd set aside? I used other challenges as my reading list.

✓ Did you have a favorite reading spot? I spent several weeks at my sister's house as she recovered from a hip replacement. I found that I liked the chaise on her sectional sofa.

✓ Did you find it difficult to stick to your reading schedule? If so, how'd ya overcome it? I always read before going to bed. I didn't get as much reading done during the day as I had planned.

✓ Did you discover a new series, author or genre? I read three books by authors(J.D. Tyler, Peg Cochran and Ellie Alexander) that I had not read in the past.

✓ Did you read alone or with partner? I read with a couple of dogs stretched across me. This was new to me because I have cats. Faith is a pit bull mix that thinks she is a lap dog. All 70 pounds of her!

✓ Which book format(s) did you use for your RAT? Audio,
Paperback/Hardcover (DTB), or eBook OR did you use a mix of formats? I used a mixture. The majority were paperbacks or hardcovers. I started listening to Primal Law but couldn't keep things straight in my mind. I had to buy the book to read it.

message 6: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29486 comments Glad y'all enjoyed this years RAT and plan to join us again in the future.

I can so relate, albeit on a much smaller scale, Cheryl. One of my cats is 21lbs and he totally thinks of himself as an itty bitty kitten. ;)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.