Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Buddy Reads > September Buddy Read - Just Listen (Tink Magoo is bad at reviews, Ashley)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8287 comments September Buddy Read

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments Hello!
I look forward to reading with you in September!
I am going to check shelves, and hope to hear from you soon! :)

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (tinkmagoo) | 1245 comments Hi Ashley,

Do you have a shortlist shelf or certain books you've got lined up for next month?

message 4: by Ashley (last edited Aug 28, 2018 04:26AM) (new)

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments which shelf should I look in, of yours?

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (tinkmagoo) | 1245 comments https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

but I'm pretty open to anything off any of my lists. I'll have a look at our compare books list

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (tinkmagoo) | 1245 comments Can do either of the first two above or Just Listen off your shelf. I'll let you pick as I'm open to trying them all

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments Let's do Just Listen.
When do you want to start? Also, how many chapters do you like to read, before discussions?

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (tinkmagoo) | 1245 comments We could just state what chapters we've read and put it under a spoiler ta as we have something to say? I can start straight away, I'm just reading a shorter book now.

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments Okay!
Well, let's start first thing tomorrow! :)

message 12: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8287 comments Ashley wrote: "Okay!
Well, let's start first thing tomorrow! :)"

Don't start tomorrow, Ashley...you need to at least wait for September to get here! =P

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (tinkmagoo) | 1245 comments Only 1 more day before we can start. I have it and I'm ready. I also think I know what the secret is going to be, but it might surprise me and be something else.

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (tinkmagoo) | 1245 comments Well, I've started but I'm struggling with the writing stule at the moment. Have you read any yet?

message 15: by Ashley (last edited Sep 04, 2018 04:19AM) (new)

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments I have started.... But I'm also struggling. lol
I'm listening to this on Audible... I'm on chapter 13 I think?
I wouldn't know what to do if I had to live in a household that didn't include me in any of the important things going on.. I feel bad for her sister Whitney. The modeling got to her, and I feel so bad she can't do it anymore. She clearly had a strong passion for it.
I'm excited to see what Anabelle and Owen become.
It's pathetic what she let happen to her friend Clark, all because of a biotch like Sophie.

message 16: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments So, I'm done?
I actually liked the book. It's sad, the events that happened to her and her family. And how she was so shut down, that she would just push everyone away.
I liked that the Just Listen CD, was so inspiring to her, even though it was a mistake.
I also like how she played "decent" music on his station, because he was grounded from it. lol
Let me know your thoughts!

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (tinkmagoo) | 1245 comments I'm getting there, this week has been a bit mad for me so its slow going but I'm enjoying it more now I've switched to the audio version. I'll let you know what I think when I've finished.

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (tinkmagoo) | 1245 comments I've finally finished (Hooray). I'm actually pretty glad I switched to the audio instead of giving up on the book completely because I ended up enjoying how things developed.

My main problem up to the half way point was that Annabel felt like a vessel for everyone else story rather than for hers. As things developed with Owen and things settled down with her sister I liked getting to see what happened to her. I did want to punch Sophie and get Annabel to hurry up and tell someone though. That was frustrating.